💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

MEGARATE || Post - Björk

alsemanche

Featured Posts

alsemanche

Welcome to the Megarate of Post by Björk!

The ceremony will take place on July 11th @ 19:00 (7PM) GMT

I am going to be doing a series of Björk Megarates over the upcoming few weeks. The plan is to go over the albums in chronological order for as long as people are interested in participating.

Last week, we rated Debut. This week, we will be going over Post.

**

Post-megarate-ggd.jpg

Post (1995) is the second studio album by Björk. Post is considered a highlight of the Icelandic artist's career. It features a mixture of electronic and dance styles such as techno, trip hop, EDM, and house, but also ambient, jazz, industrial, and experimental music. Björk intended Post to convey the city's pace, urban culture, and underground club culture. This sophomore album features a collection of Björk's most widely known songs, the likes of Hyperballad, It's Oh So Quiet, and Isobel.
Post recieved very high critical acclaim, with many lists positing it among the best albums of its year and among the best albums of the 1990s. It charted in the Top 10 of 15 countries and peaked at #32 in the Billboard 200. It also got many award nominations, including a Grammy nomination for Best Alternative Music Album.

Tracklist:

1. Army of Me
2. Hyperballad
3. The Modern Things
4. It's Oh So Quiet
5. Enjoy
6. You've Been Flirting Again
7. Isobel
8. Possibly Maybe
9. I Miss You
10. Cover Me
11. Headphones
12. I Go Humble (Bonus Track)
13. Sweet Sweet Intuition (Bonus Track)
14. Charlene (Bonus Track)

**

Submit your rates here: https://forms.gle/hd1mZZexrSs71qPSA

We will be rating all the songs on the standard edition of the album, in addition to three bonus tracks: I Go Humble, Sweet Sweet Intuition, and Charlene. Links for the album and the bonus tracks are posted below.

Links:

Rules:

1-      Rate each song from 1 to 10
2-      You may give one 11
3-      You may give one 0
4-      Decimals are allowed and encouraged (between 1 and 10, e.g. no 0.5 or 10.2)
5-      Comments will not be on the form, but please do comment on the thread when each song is announced (I will make sure to leave a short interval between each song for everyone to get a chance to discuss and reply)
6-      Do NOT troll
7-      Have fun!

Deadlines:

Spoiler

Send in your scores by July 9th

The ceremony will be on July 11th @ 19:00 (7PM) GMT

Participants:

Taglist:

Soft, soothing, and succulent

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
alsemanche
Just now, FfFfFfFF said:

Can't wait for Miss You for the win. :sis:

You misspelled Hyperballad :sis:

pop ate my heart

Love every song but the clear winner is Hyperballad you guys, let's be realistic :laughga:

am i-e-i-e-i-e-i-e-i-e-i-p-plastic

pop ate my heart

Can't wait for It'sosoflopet to go home first :flutter:

am i-e-i-e-i-e-i-e-i-e-i-p-plastic

FfFfFfFF
4 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

You misspelled Hyperballad :sis:

I agree. These are my two favorites. :diane:

artpopsexual

Count me in! :firega:

Butters Stotch
40 minutes ago, pop ate my heart said:

Love every song but the clear winner is Hyperballad you guys, let's be realistic :laughga:

Hyperballad is just one of her best songs, brobably the best. It's my favorite from her and on my top 5 favorite songs ever.

FIND YOUR FREEDOM IN THE MUSIC

culturalbaptism

Sweet Intuition is piss. That one time Madonna outtalented Björk with Bedtime Story. :enigma:

Judas is coming. Let the cultural baptism begin.

alsemanche
56 minutes ago, GGVS said:

Hyperballad is just one of her best songs, brobably the best. It's my favorite from her and on my top 5 favorite songs ever.

It's really one of the best songs ever made and its video is STUNNING.

L0NEL1GHTS
1 hour ago, GGVS said:

Joga says hiAudrey Hepburn Hello GIF

Butters Stotch
14 minutes ago, L0NEL1GHTS said:

Joga says hiAudrey Hepburn Hello GIF

Yes, Jóga is definitely there, very close to number one, but Hyperballad's lyrics are so reparable to me, they hit me so hard... like I've cried to this song, you know? It's just so especial for me.

FIND YOUR FREEDOM IN THE MUSIC

erotic4

YES!!! I'll do asap :tony: 

Post is my top #3 by Bjork. Post, Homogenic and Vulnicura are MASTERPIECES. :vegas:

https://www.last.fm/pt/user/erotic4

Archived