⛈ RAIN ON ME OUT NOW ⛈

Sign in to follow this  
science

Astronomers discover massive Quasar from early Universe

FfFfFfFF

massive-qawar-02b.jpg

Astronomers have discovered the second-most distant quasar ever found using three Maunakea Observatories in Hawai'i: W. M. Keck Observatory, the international Gemini Observatory, a Program of NSF's NOIRLab, and the University of Hawai'i-owned United Kingdom Infrared Telescope (UKIRT). It is the first quasar to receive an indigenous Hawaiian name, Poniua`ena, which means "unseen spinning source of creation, surrounded with brilliance" in the Hawaiian language.

Poniua`ena is only the second quasar yet detected at a distance calculated at a cosmological redshift greater than 7.5 and it hosts a black hole twice as large as the other quasar known in the same era. The existence of these massive black holes at such early times challenges current theories of how supermassive black holes formed and grew in the young universe.

Poniua`ena is the most distant object known in the universe hosting a black hole exceeding one billion solar masses," said Jinyi Yang, a postdoctoral research associate at the Steward Observatory of the University of Arizona and lead author of the study.

Source: https://archaeologynewsnetwork.blogspot.com/2020/06/astronomers-discover-massive-quasar.html

►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►
  • Love 2
  • Shook 1

blankpaper

Is this something that could kill us? Because this is the year for it :neyde:

there cannot be a hundred people in a room
  • LMAO 5
  • YAAAS 2