celeb

Shane Dawson de-monetized on YouTube

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morphine Prince

Y’all can drag me but this is ridiculous. YouTube is acting like those resurfaced videos weren’t on THEIR PLATFORM years ago. 

Shane’s content is NOTHING like those old videos now. It makes zero sense to de-monetize him now. 

Gracious Gaga

Youtube deserves to face consequences and pay a price too for allowing that kind of content to be on their platform. 

♥ Kindness Police.

BUtterfield 8

Amid a firestorm of controversy, YouTube confirms to Tubefilterthat it has suspended monetization on all three of Shane Dawson’s channels. Dawson operates flagship hub Shane (22.5 million subscribers, 35 million monthly views), Shane Dawson TV(8.4 million subscribers), and a newer beauty channel, Shane Glossin’ (3.7 million subscribers, 2 million monthly views).

YouTube tells Tubefilter it takes such action in rare circumstances where a particularly newsworthy creator’s bad behavior could have a negative impact across its collective community of creators, viewers, and advertisers. In opting to demonetize Dawson, the platform took into account both the impact and nature of his previous videos, as well as his off-platform behavior. Demonetization was initiated last night on June 29. The length of the punishment is indefinite, though not permanent.

https://www.tubefilter.com/2020/06/30/youtube-suspended-monetization-shane-dawson/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

CantGetEnough
1 minute ago, Morphine Prince said:

Y’all can drag me but this is ridiculous. YouTube is acting like those resurfaced videos weren’t on THEIR PLATFORM years ago. 

Shane’s content is NOTHING like those old videos now. It makes zero sense to de-monetize him now. 

YouTube is the problem. Shane Dawson is a symptom of the problem. That being said, he continues to make money from his channels and I don't think he should, so I'm fine with this much-delayed action they're taking. 

Morphine Prince
1 minute ago, Gracious Gaga said:

Youtube deserves to face consequences and pay a price too for allowing that kind of content to be on their platform. 

They’re doing this to take the blame off of themselves. Shane is the scapegoat. Content like that would have never been on there had they put in place policies against stuff like that. 

But they’re joining the Shane cancelling bandwagon and will fool you all into thinking they’re actually doing something :lmao: 

Borislshere

The way his career is just ending :billie: 

My black ass is sitting back and enjoying this. Call someone else a n-word b*tch monkey woman now :huntyga:

Morphine Prince
1 minute ago, SabadoDeGloria said:

YouTube is the problem. Shane Dawson is a symptom of the problem. That being said, he continues to make money from his channels and I don't think he should, so I'm fine with this much-delayed action they're taking. 

He hid many of the problematic videos. He is making money off his new content which is nothing like the old content. 

Economy
4 hours ago, Morphine Prince said:

I don't know anything about this guy tbh so I'm not gonna say he deserves it now or not I can't say

But big platforms are gonna feel social pressure so I feel like they are all gonna start going the extra mile to avoid negative PR or cancelling

It's amazing how a few SJW Individuals on the internet that are so extra have managed to be so loud that they literally are setting the standards for everything in society cuz no one wants their negative PR they spread or backlash

Again I'm generalizing because I don't know anything about this YouTuber, I can't say he doesn't deserve it now. In just saying hypothetically if he didn't, it wouldn't surprise me YouTube would do this anyway in the current times

Quartz

I didn't think it would come to this omg

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

buzzkill

this is ridiculous. blinding condming someone for past mistakes which him already addressed. the world was so different years ago, and we as a society and new generation has improve so much when it comes to fighting racism and homophobia and now we lost time cancelling people for mistakes but this person has already changed. 

Gracious Gaga
1 minute ago, Morphine Prince said:

They’re doing this to take the blame off of themselves. Shane is the scapegoat. Content like that would have never been on there had they put in place policies against stuff like that. 

But they’re joining the Shane cancelling bandwagon and will fool you all into thinking they’re actually doing something :lmao: 

yeah, that's the way it seems.  YouTube should've, WAY BACK when Shane uploaded his first problematic video, deleted the video, contacted him and said "dude, wtf kind of content is this? never do this again or else you're done" 

but they didn't.

♥ Kindness Police.

5 minutes ago, Gracious Gaga said:

This exactly.

Economy
1 minute ago, jesse g said:

this is ridiculous. blinding condming someone for past mistakes which him already addressed. the world was so different years ago, and we as a society and new generation has improve so much when it comes to fighting racism and homophobia and now we lost time cancelling people for mistakes but this person has already changed. 

I commented about this above ∆∆∆∆ :enigma:

Archived