This guy is like a chewing gum that gets stuck to the bottom of your shoe 

so annoying 

who will love me when the night is over

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dramatica
1 minute ago, Morphine Prince said:

Shane made an apology video and has done some in the past over other controversies as well. 

Jenna Marbles leaving YouTube is absolutely ridiculous. 

Totally agree. She hid some of her videos as early as 2012 because people said to her that she was hurting them. And I'm heartbroken because I know how humane she is. Her leaving YouTube just shows how that platform has become a huge cancellation mess.

I didn't ask for a free ride, I only asked you to show me a real good time.

29 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

And just so no one DARE COME FOR ME: 

I am NOT saying Shane doesn’t deserve consequences. The public is already doing that. He has lost 500k active subscribers in the last few days. 

BUT these are OLD VIDEOS that were WATCHED AND KNOWN and he HID them YEARS AGO. 

Were they bad? YES. Is his past coming back to haunt him? YES. 

But acting like Shane’s CURRENT content and current actions are the same as these old videos is RIDICULOUS. 

I am saying this as someone who has watched Shane since 2008. I STOPPED watching him because I realized it wasn’t for me and that some of his content was wrong. I didn’t know better when I was 13-14. 

But he has rebranded TWICE after that. 

These are the FACTS. Y’all can drag me but this is all verifiable. 

I also used to watch him in 2008, but I unsubscribed because his content was disgusting and vulgar. I only started liking him when he "changed" 2 years ago. I confused I dont know what to think now..

Morphine Prince
Just now, River said:

They actually addressed it and apologized, James was even re-hired by Disney eventually.

You either cancel everyone and follow this state of mind and ethics or you just cancel no one.

I mean we even canceled some politicians for things that they did more than 10 years ago and caused them to stop their campaigns.

It feels like Shane is on some huge pedestal for no single reason, he's a shitty person and no matter how many times he gonna "rebrand" himself and cover up his shitty behavior, he's still a bad person, he didn't change, he just covered it up.. his apologies worth nothing really.

They addressed it AFTER the controversy. Shane has already been called out multiple times for this ****. 

And no, there is context. It’s not all about extremes. 

You cannot compare politicians to internet personalities. Entire different realm. 

You may think he’s still a shitty person and hasn’t changed and that’s 100% your right but acting like this hasn’t been addressed before is ridiculous and it is nothing like his current content.

I bet most of you don’t even watch him but still chime in. 

Daylight Jokers
1 minute ago, xoxo Craig said:

The annoying one that claimed Gaga was over in 2016 when she dropped P.I? :billie: 

Oh my god, that guy annoyed tf outta me. He really had the audacity to say Closer was the better song.

StarstruckIllusion
4 minutes ago, Dramatica said:

Demonetization is a good response y'all, stop saying YouTube is the problem. People are the problem. Viewers are also a problem. Shane wouldn't go huge if people didn't give him attention.

Here is Jenna Marbles which is the least controversial YouTuber from the old generation and she did an apology for content that one can argue is NOT that problematic. Shane made racist jokes and didn't event care to apologise because he stands by everything he said

The way that is literally not true and has been apologizing and denouncing it for years... cringe 

36 minutes ago, jesse g said:

this is ridiculous. blinding condming someone for past mistakes which him already addressed. the world was so different years ago, and we as a society and new generation has improve so much when it comes to fighting racism and homophobia and now we lost time cancelling people for mistakes but this person has already changed. 

Hmmmyeah not sure about that. He never seems genuine he always paints himself as the victim in his apologies 

xoxo Craig
Just now, Daylight Jokers said:

Oh my god, that guy annoyed tf outta me. He really had the audacity to say Closer was the better song.

Same ngl :billie:

End Racism Now

Reality
30 minutes ago, highlikegaga said:

And just because he hasn't been recorded saying vile things now, doesn't mean he suddenly changed and is not like that behind closed doors, y'all :saladga:

pointless, insincere apologies don't mean sh!t. DONATE your millions to organizations that help children, who are victims of sexual abuse and then I'll consider him changed. Until then, he better stay cancelled. 

But here's the thing with cancel culture...it appears that there doesn't seem to be any room for nuance.

The people (myself included) who are saying that "he's changed" are also saying that the stuff he did back in the day was totally unacceptable and disgusting. No one is arguing that. Also, no one is saying that he did a complete, 100%, 180 from where he was. Obviously he's still got a lot of work to do.

A lot of the times when it comes to cancel culture, I hear people say, "Well, this person should make an effort to change their behavior," and that's precisely what Shane has done over the years. Sure, maybe you could argue that he "says awful sh*t behind closed doors," but that's an assumption. I could just as easily say "he doesn't make those kinds of jokes anymore, even behind closed doors" and that's just as valid.

That said, I do agree that he should probably donate his money to some organziations though. 

🃏🖤👹

Daylight Jokers
1 minute ago, xoxo Craig said:

Same ngl :billie:

:triggered: 

Edit: I misunderstood that as you agreeing with him lol.

KillerMonster

Glad to see all the Shane supporters speak up. I’ll know who are supporters of racism and pedophilia. :giggle:

Don’t play with me, it just hurts me.

Morphine Prince
2 minutes ago, Faysalaaa said:

I also used to watch him in 2008, but I unsubscribed because his content was disgusting and vulgar. I only started liking him when he "changed" 2 years ago. I confused I dont know what to think now..

Yeah he stopped the truly offensive stuff like in 2013 or something. He then made food videos and other small sketches and then the conspiracy stuff and documentary style videos. 

People think you can’t believe someone’s actions were wrong and still enjoy their content. 

Context is so important. It’s like R.Kelly. He never went to jail for his crimes until recently and people still supported him for years. Even Gaga worked with him. It was an open secret basically. Now thankfully he has come to justice and has ZERO remorse. 

xoxo Craig
3 minutes ago, Daylight Jokers said:

:triggered: 

Edit: I misunderstood that as you agreeing with him lol.

Nnnn no :deadbanana:   I was agreeing with you

End Racism Now

Archived