💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Shane Dawson de-monetized on YouTube

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

gabeoz

Demonetizing his content isn't going to do much IMO, much of it Youtube had already demonetized and he has already made upwards of $20M+ from his Shane X JSC collab.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NotDoctor
18 minutes ago, Bordeciel said:

For Jokes he made 10 years ago ?

Welcome to the New facism.

Yeah let's not, especially when we have actual fascist governments rising around the world right now that are tangibly harming their citizens.  Shane is a millionaire with tons of fans still and I'm sure he'll be fine even if that means moving to a new platform or just waiting for the temporary monetization ban to end.

River

The hypocrisy :smh:

Most of you are part of the cancellation culture but when it comes to one of your fave now you're complaining?

Remember James Gunn and his pedo tweets from more than 10 years ago? most of the users here were ok with him being fired by Disney from the Guardians.

Remember Camila racist tweets when she was 13 years old? most of you canceled her for a few days.

I can give more and more example of tweets/videos of famous people that happened more than 10 years and most of you just canceled them..

But now when a youtuber is canceled, you're complaining? do a reality check and come back to earth :billie:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Suuus
5 minutes ago, highlikegaga said:

And just because he hasn't been recorded saying vile things now, doesn't mean he suddenly changed and is not like that behind closed doors, y'all :saladga:

pointless, insincere apologies don't mean sh!t. DONATE your millions to organizations that help children, who are victims of sexual abuse and then I'll consider him changed. Until then, he better stay cancelled. 

Maybe he did but just didnt post on social media 

Morphine Prince
2 minutes ago, River said:

The hypocrisy :smh:

Most of you are part of the cancellation culture but when it comes to one of your fave now you're complaining?

Remember James Gunn and his pedo tweets from more than 10 years ago? most of the users here were ok with him being fired by Disney from the Guardians.

Remember Camila racist tweets when she was 13 years old? most of you canceled her for a few days.

I can give more and more example of tweets/videos of famous people that happened more than 10 years and most of you just canceled them..

But now when a youtuber is canceled, you're complaining? do a reality check and come back to earth :billie:

Except these people’s views were exposed and resurfaced and they had never addressed them or apologized. So it was a current thing. 

Shane’s videos were made popular by some of the same people cancelling him now and Shane has apologized countless times.

Context is so important, it’s easy to think it’s all the same. 

7 minutes ago, justhislife said:

Against freedom of speech? He can still make videos all he wants lol. 

And spend tons of money on them for no profit? This is his job, and doing that is a bully way of shutting him up, so it won't be worth it for him to post anything.

I still respect your different opinion, but this is my honest opinion, I am bit more sensitive to struggles of business' as I recently lost mine to covid. 

Daylight Jokers

Oh no, a millionaire's YT channel is getting demonetized for an indefinite (but not permanent as stated) amount of time. tHis iS toO mUch.

Dramatica

Demonetization is a good response y'all, stop saying YouTube is the problem. People are the problem. Viewers are also a problem. Shane wouldn't go huge if people didn't give him attention.

Here is Jenna Marbles which is the least controversial YouTuber from the old generation and she did an apology for content that one can argue is NOT that problematic. Shane made racist jokes and didn't event care to apologise because he stands by everything he said

I didn't ask for a free ride, I only asked you to show me a real good time.

River
2 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

Except these people’s views were exposed and resurfaced and they had never addressed them or apologized. So it was a current thing. 

Shane’s videos were made popular by some of the same people cancelling him now and Shane has apologized countless times.

Context is so important, it’s easy to think it’s all the same. 

They actually addressed it and apologized, James was even re-hired by Disney eventually.

You either cancel everyone and follow this state of mind and ethics or you just cancel no one.

I mean we even canceled some politicians for things that they did more than 10 years ago and caused them to stop their campaigns.

It feels like Shane is on some huge pedestal for no single reason, he's a shitty person and no matter how many times he gonna "rebrand" himself and cover up his shitty behavior, he's still a bad person, he didn't change, he just covered it up.. his apologies worth nothing really.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Morphine Prince
1 minute ago, Dramatica said:

Demonetization is a good response y'all, stop saying YouTube is the problem. People are the problem. Viewers are also a problem. Shane wouldn't go huge if people didn't give him attention.

Here is Jenna Marbles which is the least controversial YouTuber from the old generation and she did an apology for content that one can argue is NOT that problematic. Shane made racist jokes and didn't event care to apologise because he stands by everything he said

Shane made an apology video and has done some in the past over other controversies as well. 

Jenna Marbles leaving YouTube is absolutely ridiculous. 

MonsterPug

I don’t think he’s a pedo or a racist. He did bad and shock value jokes earlier in his career. Obviously there is no room for that type of jokes anymore. There’s no denying his content has changed and for the better. However, After seeing all of these videos resurface it is clear to me that he should have never been allowed to reach the amount of success that he did. That willow video is disgusting and indefensible. He crossed the line and there’s consequences to his actions. He should have been called out the moment that video was posted. He was warned multiple times through his career to change his jokes and he chose not to listen. He said it in his video that he should have lost his career Over those things. 
So there you go. He’s no longer making money out fo his videos, losing his fan base and being publicly called out and forced to see all of his wrong doings. Idk what people want at this point. I wish him growth and a lot of therapy. He’s rich so he’ll be fine lol. I don’t feel bad for this reason. He’s way better of than any person wishing him to be on the streets. His platform is permanently tainted. I don’t think he will become poor because of this. It’s just not realistic. He will no longer make money off from fans who had no idea of his past and that’s a good thing. 

StarstruckIllusion

Will Smith made phone calls omg..

TortureMeOnReplay
1 minute ago, Amir said:

And spend tons of money on them for no profit? This is his job, and doing that is a bully way of shutting him up, so it won't be worth it for him to post anything.

I still respect your different opinion, but this is my honest opinion, I am bit more sensitive to struggles of business' as I recently lost mine to covid. 

He's still able to post videos and voice his opinion. He doesn't have to spend money on them. And even then it's a hobby. Losing a business due to a pandemic is different from losing business due to racism. I understand it was all a long time ago and he has probably changed a bit, but YouTube is still responsible for their partnership with him and his content reflects on them. 

xoxo Craig
24 minutes ago, Snorlax said:

His gold digging fiance probably gonna break things off :billie:

The annoying one that claimed Gaga was over in 2016 when she dropped P.I? :billie: 

End Racism Now

Archived