Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Shane Dawson de-monetized on YouTube

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

Ryusei

Kind of makes no sense but sure, he asked for punishment and there you have it :ohwell: 

Musery

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Obobo

We are witnessing the first legit permanent cancellation. All his sources of income are ending. His "friends" and fans are unfollowing. Apparently his fiancé stopped wearing the engagement ring... Regardless of his actions, it's not right how everybody is really berating him to the ground like he is a demon or excited to see him disappear. People forget pedophilia itself isn't illegal and just a mental illness...he needs to get professional help. I personally don't think there's valid evidence of what could get him arrested - child molestation or ****ography. Regardless, he did make really disgusting "jokes" but hasn't done so in years and apologized countless times too.

I don't support him anymore but geez, this stuff is from years ago. It's actually scary to think he could take his own life. We should all support each other in changing for the better. Hopefully he doesn't become a martyr to the fact that cancel culture is toxic.

YouTube is responding to the mob. :bradley: Of course, Shane Dawson doesn't post things like this anymore, even if I don't like the "victim" schtick he promotes by saying he's too sensitive but then he is pretty rude in conversation with people.

I don't see why they would demonetize from videos shot years ago, when obviously they were jokes that fell flat (as we all know, internet nerds loved racy jokes back in the day before the general public took over the internet).

Interlude
13 minutes ago, Born in Chromatica said:

Shouldn't YouTube also be called out for allowing the racist videos to make money on the platform in the first place:ohwell:...?

They recently stripped Arielle Scarcella recently because she was posting transphobic content so I think they're definitely moving in the right direction and will hopefully be more active with it. I don't think you should be able to monetise content that is invalidating and hateful towards others.

#BlackLivesMatter #TransLivesMatter - You let down members of the community and forced us out.

She did this because people were accusing her of giving him special treatment and him being her favorite. I don’t know if this was the right call tho. If his content was still problematic I’d agree with it but why wasn’t he punished when it was posted in the first place? Seems like a poster-punishment.

highlikegaga

people that are defending him with their whole chests need to check out this thread 

and if you've seen this and continue to defend him...i simply don't know what else to say to you. This is not about growing up and being a "changed" person. It's forcing someone to own up to the sh!t they've done and face the aftermath of those. And even if he's a changed person, it doesn't erase the millions of young brains that grew up with his videos and now carry his toxic, vile "jokes" as something completely normal and cool.

They should be de-monetizing themselves for waking up too late. And that's too late, so they're being ridiculous. 

Reality

Look, I think Shane should be 100% accountable for what he did and said in the past. It's disgusting and vile, but the fact that he's getting so dogpiled on is a little weird, imo. 

Yes, Shane should've never made those types of videos in the past (I don't think anyone should be arguing against that), but let's remember two very important things that people just keep happening to not mention: 

1.) The content Shane makes now is vastly different than his old content. Because of that, I do believe that Shane has at least somewhat changed as a person. I do legitimatley believe him when he says that he doesn't like the content he used to make. His jokes were racist, homophobic, pedophilic, and overall just very disgusting and gross, but I do think he looks back on those days badly. 

2.) Let's not act like we aren't accountable either. Wonder why his old videos were monetized? Cause people loved his content back then and he got a sh*t ton of views. Do you know how Shane Dawson became famous in the first place? Cause people thought his "comedy" was "funny" and "edgy." We enabled this behavior. YouTube demonetizing his channel when his videos were on THEIR platform is ridiculous, tbh. If they really believed those videos were bad, they should've taken them down years ago, but they didn't because they got tons of views and a lot of money out of it. 

I'm tired of cancelling people that we have enabled. 

🃏🖤👹

gabeoz
11 minutes ago, Economy said:

I don't know anything about this guy tbh so I'm not gonna say he deserves it now or not I can't say

But big platforms are gonna feel social pressure so I feel like they are all gonna start going the extra mile to avoid negative PR or cancelling

It's amazing how a few SJW Individuals on the internet that are so extra have managed to be so loud that they literally are setting yh standards for everything in society cuz no one can wants their negative PR they spread

Again I'm generalizing because I don't know anything about this YouTuber, I can't say he doesn't deserve it now. In just saying hypothetically if he didn't, it wouldn't surprise me YouTube would do this anyway in the current times

Shane originally gained Youtube fame a decade ago by making "comedy sketches" using blackface, racial slurs and offensive stereotypes, as well as many offensive/disturbing comments in his old podcast. Though it's been years he's stopped making that content, it's hard to ignore, especially since he just made an entire series with J* who also has been under fire for racial slurs and accusing others of sexual assault.

18 minutes ago, SabadoDeGloria said:

YouTube is the problem. Shane Dawson is a symptom of the problem. That being said, he continues to make money from his channels and I don't think he should, so I'm fine with this much-delayed action they're taking. 

Very well said. :applause:

Reality
9 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

And just so no one DARE COME FOR ME: 

I am NOT saying Shane doesn’t deserve consequences. The public is already doing that. He has lost 500k active subscribers in the last few days. 

BUT these are OLD VIDEOS that were WATCHED AND KNOWN and he HID them YEARS AGO. 

Were they bad? YES. Is his past coming back to haunt him? YES. 

But acting like Shane’s CURRENT content and current actions are the same as these old videos is RIDICULOUS. 

I am saying this as someone who has watched Shane since 2008. I STOPPED watching him because I realized it wasn’t for me and that some of his content was wrong. I didn’t know better when I was 13-14. 

But he has rebranded TWICE after that. 

These are the FACTS. Y’all can drag me but this is all verifiable. 

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: 

🃏🖤👹

BUtterfield 8

isn’t Tati Westbrook part of this mess as well with jeffree and James?

i wanted to see if she’s said  anything and:

K...

Suuus
19 minutes ago, SabadoDeGloria said:

YouTube is the problem. Shane Dawson is a symptom of the problem. That being said, he continues to make money from his channels and I don't think he should, so I'm fine with this much-delayed action they're taking. 

How does he make money of of his channels when they are de monitized?

highlikegaga

And just because he hasn't been recorded saying vile things now, doesn't mean he suddenly changed and is not like that behind closed doors, y'all :saladga:

pointless, insincere apologies don't mean sh!t. DONATE your millions to organizations that help children, who are victims of sexual abuse and then I'll consider him changed. Until then, he better stay cancelled. 

TortureMeOnReplay
10 minutes ago, Amir said:

He should be moving a platform this retro-active 'punishment' is embarrassing, and against freedom of speech in a lot of countries.

Not sayin they shouldn't do something, but shame on them. There are tons of other ways they could act like removing his old problematic material for an example.

This is a joke, and it just gonna make influences the same pale boring YouTube sponsored content promoters.

Against freedom of speech? He can still make videos all he wants lol. 

Archived