đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Shane Dawson de-monetized on YouTube

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

xoxo Craig
8 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

Y’all can drag me but this is ridiculous. YouTube is acting like those resurfaced videos weren’t on THEIR PLATFORM years ago. 

Shane’s content is NOTHING like those old videos now. It makes zero sense to de-monetize him now. 

All of this

End Racism Now

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Born in Chromatica

Shouldn't YouTube also be called out for allowing the racist videos yo make money in the first place... :ohwell:?

FaShIoN iS mY pAsSiOn!

T3ARS

Good. Shane's "apologizes" are hollow. 

It is not our differences that divide us. It is our inability to recognize, accept, and celebrate those differences. - Audre Lorde

CyanLights

I have to admit, I'm surprised Youtube went this far (as they should have). Good for you, Susan. Its obviously no where near enough but its a decent start considering YouTube never does anything in these situations. 

Born in Chromatica

Shouldn't YouTube also be called out for allowing the racist videos to make money on the platform in the first place:ohwell:...?

FaShIoN iS mY pAsSiOn!

Morphine Prince

And just so no one DARE COME FOR ME: 

I am NOT saying Shane doesn’t deserve consequences. The public is already doing that. He has lost 500k active subscribers in the last few days. 

BUT these are OLD VIDEOS that were WATCHED AND KNOWN and he HID them YEARS AGO. 

Were they bad? YES. Is his past coming back to haunt him? YES. 

But acting like Shane’s CURRENT content and current actions are the same as these old videos is RIDICULOUS. 

I am saying this as someone who has watched Shane since 2008. I STOPPED watching him because I realized it wasn’t for me and that some of his content was wrong. I didn’t know better when I was 13-14. 

But he has rebranded TWICE after that. 

These are the FACTS. Y’all can drag me but this is all verifiable. 

JazzGa

Youtube kowtows to angry tweeters and punishes someone who didn't break the rules of their own platform

Such a shallow PR move. If Youtube actually gave a sh*t about what people are angry about (and weren't just trying to look good and shut ppl up) they would actually do something about the problematic content that gets uploaded on the daily and invest in real human moderation, rather than pretending to care about 10 year old videos that THEY allowed for years. 

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

HighwayGuy

Meanwhile Youtube's algorithm recommends conspiracy theories about how climate change isn't real :saladga:

Poker

They ALLOWED that content on their platform and NOW they want to act all mighty.

Kindness rules all.

Gracious Gaga
4 minutes ago, Born in Chromatica said:

Shouldn't YouTube also be called out for allowing the racist videos to make money on the platform in the first place:ohwell:...?

yes.

♥ Kindness Police.

He should be moving a platform this retro-active 'punishment' is embarrassing, and against freedom of speech in a lot of countries.

Not sayin they shouldn't do something, but shame on them. There are tons of other ways they could act like removing his old problematic material for an example.

This is a joke, and it just gonna make influences the same pale boring YouTube sponsored content promoters.

Lord Temptation

YouTube tryna act like it didn’t enable him? :fthis:

I fully support white supremacists being forced into poverty. Maybe capitalism made some points :bon:

Archived