⛈ RAIN ON ME OUT NOW ⛈

Sign in to follow this  
other

Replacements for the Harry Potter Series

Seeka

I just figured with J.K. Rowling murdering her own legacy every single day, some people would like some replacements for the Harry Potter series. 

I know nothing can really replace something once it's in your heart, but I know we all like recommendations are similar. 

Books:

The Worst Witch series by Jill Murphy

Tales of Earthsea books by Ursula K.Le Guin

Arcane Ascension series by Andrew Rowe

Wizard's Hall by Jane Yolan

The Unexpected Enlightenment of Rachel Griffin by L. Jagi Lamplighter

Kiki's Delivery Service by Eiko Kadano

Shades of Magic by Victoria Schwab

Manga and Comics:

Little Witch Academia

Nightschool

The Witch Boy

Anime:

Kiki's Delivery Service

Little Witch Academia

Games:

GrimGrimoire

Final Fantasy Type-0

Final Fantasy VIII

Fire Emblem Three Houses

Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice

Visual Novels:

LittleWitch Romanesque (regular edition)

Live Action Television:

Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

Tabletop RPGs:

MonsterHearts

I tried to keep it to Supernatural Academies or adjacent to such things, or coming of age witch stories. But I've thrown in stuff for those who wished Harry Potter continued up into adulthood. I'm sorry I don't have more. 

Everyone feel free to post things you think could fill the hole left by Harry Potter, that is similar in some way. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Blue Lagoon

Twilight :huntyga:

• LMAO 2

Seeka
1 minute ago, Blue Lagoon said:

Twilight :huntyga:

No. 

Ricksies

Septimus Heap is another good magical book series.

Mister Gaga

Loving HP doesn't make you supportive of every single JK statement/opinion. It has nothing to do with it. HP needs no replacement (and even if you try, that would be impossible).

Having said that, Tunnels is a great YA novel series, consisting of 6 books. It's more violent and dark than HP. I love them!

• Like 1

Seeka
11 minutes ago, Mister Gaga said:

Loving HP doesn't make you supportive of every single JK statement/opinion. It has nothing to do with it. HP needs no replacement (and even if you try, that would be impossible).

Having said that, Tunnels is a great YA novel series, consisting of 6 books. It's more violent and dark than HP. I love them!

A lot of people have been hurt by the statements of J.K. and for many, they can't seperate the creator from the creation. So holes are torn through people.

Not to mention, J.K. has her hands in everything related to Harry Potter. She will be a millionaire till the day she dies because of Wizarding World and the contract she has with them.

You're right. Nothing can replace a loved book. But hole, wounds, need mending, and new creations can help with that. 

GagaSine

I love Diana Wynne Jones’ book series too, it was the basis for Howl’s Moving Castle. His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman is also sooo good.

Tamora Pierce’s fantasy novels were also some of my top faves when I was young.