💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Replacements for the Harry Potter Series

Seeka

Featured Posts

Seeka

I just figured with J.K. Rowling murdering her own legacy every single day, some people would like some replacements for the Harry Potter series. 

I know nothing can really replace something once it's in your heart, but I know we all like recommendations are similar. 

Books:

The Worst Witch series by Jill Murphy

Tales of Earthsea books by Ursula K.Le Guin

Arcane Ascension series by Andrew Rowe

Wizard's Hall by Jane Yolan

The Unexpected Enlightenment of Rachel Griffin by L. Jagi Lamplighter

Kiki's Delivery Service by Eiko Kadano

Shades of Magic by Victoria Schwab

Manga and Comics:

Little Witch Academia

Nightschool

The Witch Boy

Anime:

Kiki's Delivery Service

Little Witch Academia

Games:

GrimGrimoire

Final Fantasy Type-0

Final Fantasy VIII

Fire Emblem Three Houses

Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice

Visual Novels:

LittleWitch Romanesque (regular edition)

Live Action Television:

Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

Tabletop RPGs:

MonsterHearts

I tried to keep it to Supernatural Academies or adjacent to such things, or coming of age witch stories. But I've thrown in stuff for those who wished Harry Potter continued up into adulthood. I'm sorry I don't have more. 

Everyone feel free to post things you think could fill the hole left by Harry Potter, that is similar in some way. 

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seeka
1 minute ago, Blue Lagoon said:

Twilight :huntyga:

No. 

Mister Gaga

Loving HP doesn't make you supportive of every single JK statement/opinion. It has nothing to do with it. HP needs no replacement (and even if you try, that would be impossible).

Having said that, Tunnels is a great YA novel series, consisting of 6 books. It's more violent and dark than HP. I love them!

Seeka
11 minutes ago, Mister Gaga said:

Loving HP doesn't make you supportive of every single JK statement/opinion. It has nothing to do with it. HP needs no replacement (and even if you try, that would be impossible).

Having said that, Tunnels is a great YA novel series, consisting of 6 books. It's more violent and dark than HP. I love them!

A lot of people have been hurt by the statements of J.K. and for many, they can't seperate the creator from the creation. So holes are torn through people.

Not to mention, J.K. has her hands in everything related to Harry Potter. She will be a millionaire till the day she dies because of Wizarding World and the contract she has with them.

You're right. Nothing can replace a loved book. But hole, wounds, need mending, and new creations can help with that. 

GagaSine

I love Diana Wynne Jones’ book series too, it was the basis for Howl’s Moving Castle. His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman is also sooo good.

Tamora Pierce’s fantasy novels were also some of my top faves when I was young.

• 2 weeks later...
Jasoneg1990

I don’t support JKRs comments in any way, but I love Harry Potter. Guess I’m gonna find other ways that I will not mention for a way to read the books and watch the movies where she doesn’t get paid for it đŸ€Ł

Gracious Gaga

ugh this is like me listening to Kim Petras. I love her, but dr Luke is problematic. same w Michael Jackson .

♄ Kindness Police.

Kimmo

Ugh this is like me listening to Gaga and then she releases 100 Doves... wait this might not apply to this conversation after all  :jase:

Hottie Detector

Galvon
On 7/11/2020 at 5:30 AM, Gracious Gaga said:

ugh this is like me listening to Kim Petras. I love her, but dr Luke is problematic. same w Michael Jackson .

Fastfood brands like McDonnalds, Burger King, KFC are also bad for us, but we keep eating.

Just another example.

SCHEISSEMONTRE
On 7/10/2020 at 8:30 PM, Gracious Gaga said:

Michael Jackson .

he was proven innocent. 

Mychal

God Control

No need to replace books you actually like because of the opinions of their author. This whole idea of “I disagree with you so I boycott you” and treating boycotting as the only viable mean to “fix” something is becoming really really annoying. If Gaga turned out to be a white supremacist, I don’t think Bad Romance will suddenly sound bad.

Most writers, scientists and artists from the past centuries held some racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic or xenophobic views and yet we still enjoy their work. Most corporations from Apple to Amazon to countless others exploit workers, don’t pay well, impose crunch culture or fund slave labor in Asia, and even your own governments fund women and gay killers with weapons and arms deals and call them allies and you wanna single out R-Kelly and JK Rowling and call yourselves moral?

Archived