💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Replacements for the Harry Potter Series

Seeka

Featured Posts

Galvon

Ok not as replacement, but I know a few similar tv series maybe. These you might apreciate if you like Harry Potter.

The Worst Witch (1998-2001) it's about a girl who goes to a witch accademy. I prefer this one over the 2017 reboot series, because of nostalgia. I like the humor better and it feels less childish. It's similar to Harry Potter

Winx Club. It's about fairies and witches who go to school in a magical realm. It's similar to Harry Potter and Sailor Moon. (Watch the first 3 seasons. Skip the Nick specials cause you're missing out on a lot of character development. The first film is a nice closure and season 4 is an oke epilogue, and the second film too. After that since season 5 it becomes more different and some people like it, some people don't.

Also Avatar: the last airbender. Not really about magic, wizards or school. But it has a good story and very well written, heartwarming characters.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JusKeepBreathin

Anime

12 Kingdoms 

Book Series

The Inheritance Cycle

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

3 hours ago, God Control said:

No need to replace books you actually like because of the opinions of their author. This whole idea of “I disagree with you so I boycott you” and treating boycotting as the only viable mean to “fix” something is becoming really really annoying. If Gaga turned out to be a white supremacist, I don’t think Bad Romance will suddenly sound bad.

Most writers, scientists and artists from the past centuries held some racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic or xenophobic views and yet we still enjoy their work. Most corporations from Apple to Amazon to countless others exploit workers, don’t pay well, impose crunch culture or fund slave labor in Asia, and even your own governments fund women and gay killers with weapons and arms deals and call them allies and you wanna single out R-Kelly and JK Rowling and call yourselves moral?

Seeka
3 hours ago, God Control said:

No need to replace books you actually like because of the opinions of their author. This whole idea of “I disagree with you so I boycott you” and treating boycotting as the only viable mean to “fix” something is becoming really really annoying. If Gaga turned out to be a white supremacist, I don’t think Bad Romance will suddenly sound bad.

Most writers, scientists and artists from the past centuries held some racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic or xenophobic views and yet we still enjoy their work. Most corporations from Apple to Amazon to countless others exploit workers, don’t pay well, impose crunch culture or fund slave labor in Asia, and even your own governments fund women and gay killers with weapons and arms deals and call them allies and you wanna single out R-Kelly and JK Rowling and call yourselves moral?

The main thing about your point is that most writers, scientists, etc, have been disconnected, dislocated from their own works. H.P. Lovecraft has been so dislocated from his own works, most people don't even know he was the start of the Cthulhu Mythos. 

J.K. Rowling is an unbeloved smother strangling Harry Potter with it's umbilical cord. She is not disconnected from her own works. And in fact, she seems to be riding the Harry Potter horse for all it's money. 

It may be wrong to call out J.K. Rowling, but do you think a single person is going to make a difference in the other things you said? No. 

But this has personally cleaved out people's hearts. So it has become close. And it may sound cliche, but when it becomes personal, people care. 

You're a very wise and intelligent person, but please do not stir up sh!t in my thread. 

MANiCURE 6

I don't care about all this scheisse she's saying on Twitter...

I love Harry Potter, movies and books ! :queenga:

Just ignore her and enjoy what you want to enjoy. You can be disagree with her ideas but still loving her work.

I like saying to myself that when she wrote HP she was in a different state of mind and now she became a b**ch :ohwell:

So I still can enjoy HP.

Galvon
9 hours ago, MANiCURE 6 said:

I don't care about all this scheisse she's saying on Twitter...

I love Harry Potter, movies and books ! :queenga:

Just ignore her and enjoy what you want to enjoy. You can be disagree with her ideas but still loving her work.

I like saying to myself that when she wrote HP she was in a different state of mind and now she became a b**ch :ohwell:

So I still can enjoy HP.

Yeah I want to think that too. They are playing HP movies in cinemas again, where I live. Now I was too young and scared at the time they officially came out, but I always wanted to see the first 5 on the big screen. Because the last 3 I allready did. But since JK Rowling's bs, I hold myself back from doing it. Even tho the movies aren't really hers. Then I feel stupid, and I think like, well f*** her. She did her Job a 100 years ago. Why should I care about everything stupid she says nowadays? But I can't really think like that.

Chromatislaps

His Dark Materials: Golden Compass

His Dark Materials: The Subtle Knife

His Dark Materials: Amber Spyglass

but honestly, cancel culture is toxic, so I'd keep Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts eventho I don't like Rowlings views

Chromatislaps

His Dark Materials: Golden Compass

His Dark Materials: The Subtle Knife

His Dark Materials: Amber Spyglass

but honestly, cancel culture is toxic, so I'd keep Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts eventho I don't like Rowlings views

HermioneT

The solution to keep reading within the HP world without reading JKR: Fan fiction:enigma:

She / hers

God Control
On 7/14/2020 at 10:30 PM, Seeka said:

The main thing about your point is that most writers, scientists, etc, have been disconnected, dislocated from their own works. H.P. Lovecraft has been so dislocated from his own works, most people don't even know he was the start of the Cthulhu Mythos. 

J.K. Rowling is an unbeloved smother strangling Harry Potter with it's umbilical cord. She is not disconnected from her own works. And in fact, she seems to be riding the Harry Potter horse for all it's money. 

It may be wrong to call out J.K. Rowling, but do you think a single person is going to make a difference in the other things you said? No. 

But this has personally cleaved out people's hearts. So it has become close. And it may sound cliche, but when it becomes personal, people care. 

You're a very wise and intelligent person, but please do not stir up sh!t in my thread. 

No intention to stir anything. Just the fact that boycotting and cancelling seems to be the first thing people jump on these days. I know voting with your wallet can help or Ike might refuse to sponsor someone whom they view as immoral, but I believe if we’re to follow that with everything else then we’d be boycotting too many things, including refusing to pay taxes. Maybe Lovecraft is separated from his world but examples like Amazon and Apple and many other corporations and their work culture and funding of slave labor and mistreatment keeps going unnoticed and is very recent and affecting people directly, physically and financial in this day and age and it’s beyond a disrespectful comment online or a debate you disagree with.

Not only that, but somebody would come after you for liking DWUW feat. R-Kelly, a man whom as I’ve read, is in jail for what he did, but they say nothing regarding their own government literally sh*tting in other countries or sponsoring their terrorist regimes. That really ticks me off because it feels hypocritical and makes it sound like western activists are too selective of whom to put under the umbrella of care and advocacy.

OriginalMonster

The Septimus Heap series by Angie Sage is an excellent series about a young wizard apprentice and it has a really captivating and creative world. Highly recommended!

Although I also think you can separate the work from the author and continue being a fan of Harry Potter but not JK Rowling, but either way you can't go wrong with Septimus Heap, whether as a replacement or an addition!

Archived