Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

JK Rowling supports conversion therapy for LGBTQ+ people

Supersonic

Featured Posts

thatfoxyfeeling

Nahhh this doesn't add up she has to be doing for this for a reason? Is it a publicity stunt or something? How has she gone from a humble middle class woman on the dole at one point to a rich privileged entitled bitch? :oprah:  

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Interlude

Glad those who were behind are at least catching up. It shouldn't of taken a conversation therapy interaction that includes sexuality for some of you to get it. At least we can move ahead more informed and in the right direction.

Those asking "Why is she so obsessed?" should reflect that same energy on some of the members and threads on here that have continuously invalidated and objectified trans people for the sake of debate.

#BlackLivesMatter #TransLivesMatter - You let down members of the community and forced us out.

FrederickSpears
27 minutes ago, RahrahWitch said:

Jeus Christ, this bitch is disgusting.

Sadly the Harry potter franchise is just too big and profitable for any meaningful changes, She'll still rake in her millions from the films and upcoming projects.

Personally, I'm done with the franchise, I can't support someone like her.

I love the Harry Potter movies, but these Fantastic Beasts movies suck anyway IMO so no loss for me :huntyga: I'm done with all of it, too.

Prostitute Barbie

Such a sad thing to see. I’ve read HP since I was 8 and seeing the movies in theaters as they came out are some of my favorite memories from my childhood. I’ll still enjoy the original series movies and books but I won’t go to see any of the new movies and won’t pay for any new material she puts out :saladga: mess 

CautiousLurker

I almost clutched my pearls for a split sec, but considering how transphobic she is and that she has repeatedly made that clear, I'm honestly not surprised by this

I don't think she's actually overtly homophobic, rather she's willing to side with homophobic beliefs if that gives her transphobia validation which... I personally think is worse - I just don't get why she hates transwomen THIS much, is all this really cuz of the bathrooms :enigma:

Oh well, I'm sorry for all the fans, but the sooner we stop paying attention to her, the better - she really doesn't deserve any, what a piece of sh*t she turned out to be...

ignotus
1 hour ago, Supersonic said:

Reminder: JK Rowling's pen name "Robert Galbraith" is also the name of one of the inventors of electro shock conversion therapy for gay people.

1 hour ago, Helxig said:

WHAT?? Okay **** this woman I am 100% done with her now. There's no coming back from this.

ALSO WHAT?? :air: 

but I LOVE those books :nooo:

What is you doin booo :selena:

I once again suggest Carry On by Rainbow Rowell to all people who love Harry Potter but are disgusted by JK.

OMonster
1 hour ago, Supersonic said:

Reminder: JK Rowling's pen name "Robert Galbraith" is also the name of one of the inventors of electro shock conversion therapy for gay people.

This just looks like a case of bad luck. 

JK has explained the following: 

"I chose Robert because it’s one of my favourite men’s names, because Robert F Kennedy is my hero and because, mercifully, I hadn’t used it for any of the characters in the Potter series or The Casual Vacancy.

Galbraith came about for a slightly odd reason.  When I was a child, I really wanted to be called ‘Ella Galbraith’, and I’ve no idea why.  I don’t even know how I knew that the surname existed, because I can’t remember ever meeting anyone with it.  Be that as it may, the name had a fascination for me.  I actually considered calling myself L A Galbraith for the Strike series, but for fairly obvious reasons decided that initials were a bad idea." 

:shrug:

subtext / fantasy

Fantina

Let's see how she will spin this again. Can't wait for another lengthy post about how she clicked like "accidentally" :laughga:

STREAM LEGENDARY ON HBO MAX

Helxig
12 minutes ago, ignotus said:

but I LOVE those books :nooo:

What is you doin booo :selena:

It's devastating to a lot of people right now :bradley:

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Pennywise
11 minutes ago, OMonster said:

So, firstly, and I do not say this as a 'fan' of JK Rowling (I have never read Harry Potter) - but, she is only liking a tweet that correlates to her beliefs about gender. The tweet does not mention the sexual identity part of this bill, so it isn't reasonable to assume that JK is 'for' gay conversion therapy, necessarily. 

She is, however, 'for' therapists trying to help children accept the biological bodies they were born in. 

And I think that is a reasonable position to hold, is it not?

I mean, I, too, am for transgender rights, and I do not believe for one second that they need to be 'converted'. 

But if a bill is trying to inhibit the ability of therapists to help children feel more comfortable in their own skin, first, before transitioning... isn't that counterproductive to the safety and health of children?

I'm quite sure that all transgender people need to be medically and psychiatrically assessed before taking hormones or surgically changing themselves. Most trans people 'pass' these safeguarding protocols, and, in this instance, it is rightfully decided that gender reassignment is the best path to take. 

But some children do not pass this process. 

And in fact, some children pass the early stages of the process, but then, with further counselling, begin to doubt that they want to enact permanent change to their bodies - even if, sometimes, it is already too late. You can see this in this article, here. 

Obviously, this isn't the case for the majority of trans people - but removing a system that could protect even a minority of children from making a wrong, life-changing decision is, to me, dangerous and very exploitative. 

I mean... if a child can't be counselled first, how is that optimal for that child's health? 

Is it really right that if a boy says he is a girl, the first reaction is to immediately follow that through with medical action? That could be extremely dangerous if they haven't undergone the correct counselling that this bill seeks to ban. Not ALL children that say they are trans are trans because, well, they are children - and growing up can be very confusing and filled with phases. 

And secondly... 

This just looks like a case of bad luck. 

JK has explained the following: 

"I chose Robert because it’s one of my favourite men’s names, because Robert F Kennedy is my hero and because, mercifully, I hadn’t used it for any of the characters in the Potter series or The Casual Vacancy.

Galbraith came about for a slightly odd reason.  When I was a child, I really wanted to be called ‘Ella Galbraith’, and I’ve no idea why.  I don’t even know how I knew that the surname existed, because I can’t remember ever meeting anyone with it.  Be that as it may, the name had a fascination for me.  I actually considered calling myself L A Galbraith for the Strike series, but for fairly obvious reasons decided that initials were a bad idea." 

:shrug:

Ooh, we are now reaching to the stars I see. 

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

CautiousLurker
12 minutes ago, OMonster said:

So, firstly, and I do not say this as a 'fan' of JK Rowling (I have never read Harry Potter) - but, she is only liking a tweet that correlates to her beliefs about gender. The tweet does not mention the sexual identity part of this bill, so it isn't reasonable to assume that JK is 'for' gay conversion therapy, necessarily. 

She is, however, 'for' therapists trying to help children accept the biological bodies they were born in. 

And I think that is a reasonable position to hold, is it not?

I mean, I, too, am for transgender rights, and I do not believe for one second that they need to be 'converted'. 

But if a bill is trying to inhibit the ability of therapists to help children feel more comfortable in their own skin, first, before transitioning... isn't that counterproductive to the safety and health of children?

This would have been an argument you could make if she hasn't made it abundantly clear she's a transphobe before - this is not just a one time thing...

Also, JK isn't an idiot, and even if she missed the part about conversion therapy, what are the chances she will take this down and issue a statement saying she doesn't condone conversion therapy? If she does good for her, but as of right now it very much looks like she's willing to side with this

Archived