JK Rowling supports conversion therapy for LGBTQ+ people

Supersonic

Featured Posts

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
swooning
51 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

People can get the wrong end of the stick, even well-meaning ones. It happens all the time. How do you think naive people end up getting sucked into toxic mindsets? Certain people just know how to dress up their ideology to make it sound reasonable but once you're in, you see what it's really all about. Even if Jo is transphobic, I really don't see her as a hardliner who'll actively try to sabotage, wrongly accuse, harass or attack transpeople. She's just a bit misguided and is making the wrong choice of publicly supporting stuff online, where everyone can see what she's doing. If she had just kept all her thoughts to herself, none of this would've happened in the first place and we would have gone the rest of our lives never knowing what she thought. She's essentially harmless, is what I'm saying. It's the people who actually pose a danger to transpeople who we should be cancelling.

There is nothing "well-meaning" about what she wrote and what she has demonstrated since. What is wrong with you?

FrederickSpears

Fantastic Beasts movies suck, that new Harry Potter book was a total cash grab, and I already own the HP movies. I'll not be supporting anything else this woman puts out. Her writing has sucked since the HP books, anyway.

StrawberryBlond
Just now, swooning said:

There is nothing "well-meaning" about what she wrote and what she has demonstrated since. 

I read everything that she said. Contrary to what many said in response, she didn't actually say anything against transpeople, she even said she believed transwomen to be women and wanted them to be safe. Many transpeople have actually agreed with the things she's said. It all began simply because she didn't want the word "woman" to be erased and replaced with "people." It was anger at that, not at transwomen. It was only because people read transphobia into what she said that she had to make deeper clarifications as to how she viewed the trans conversation.

But whatever. I won't argue in a back in forth. I've dealt with this very topic too much already. Jo thinks what she does and it appears we can't change that, so it doesn't really matter who's side we take. People are free to stop being a fan if they wish. But there's point arguing about it at this point.

littlepotter

I'm honestly glad she's showing her true colors to the fullest so that I have no qualms about cutting her out of my list of idols.

What a shame. What an absolute shame. I loved her so much.

chaeri pls

I didnt mind her previous comments as much as they seemed to come from a place of ignorance rather than a place of hate, but this just goes too far. Avada Kadavra bitch

SHALLOW

She really wants to be cancelled at this point. Why does she hate herself so much?

Batwings

Isn't it great how before she was a Grammy and Oscar winning superstar, Lady Gaga wrote the entire Harry Potter series? We stan greatness. :huntyga:

MANiCURE 6

sHE'S nOt hOMopHObIC BeCAusE DuMbLeDorE iS GaY. :diane:

Spoiler

She's a bitch. Time to cancel her. I'll not spend one more € in Harry Potter / Fantastic Beats universes. You don't deserve my coins. 

Thank you JK for being this dumb and ruining one of the greatest things of my childhood and teenagehood. :smh:

Voldemort is a nice little guy next to you.

River

There's this one gay transphobic user who LMAOed every posts against her in the trans-related threads and now they are totally gone from this thread

angela kinsey cookie GIF by Team Coco

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Squidward T

I think she is a closeted lesbian tbh. I hope she gets cancelled. 

Archived