Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Katy Perry considered suicide in 2017

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

Smother Em Eh

Didn’t she also want to commit suicide in 2011 too?

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

PoetsTryinWrite
10 minutes ago, Jakkusan said:

Ok, don't attack me, but the way this headline/story is written is really NOT good.

It seems to blame a "career shift" (aka. a dip in her popularity) and a break-up for her suicidal ideation. These things don't cause a person to take their own life. It's mental illness that drives someone to suicide. 

For people who live with severe mental illness every day and who have survived suicide and live with suicidal thoughts often, this comes across as very trite.

I won’t attack you but I have to criticise this. If she was feeling suicidal and having suicidal thoughts she was most likely experiencing depression, which is a mental illness. I too have survived suicide and I don’t find this trite, I find it sad. We all have different life experiences, world views and we all experience the same symptoms differently. I happen to think she’s being quite vague about the career shift but reading between the lines it seems to be the straw that broke the camel’s back. Again, not attacking you, just stating my opinion. :hug:

Defend Your Humanity.

2School4Cool

This just goes to show, money and fame doesn’t stop celebrities from being real people, and that money and fame cannot buy concrete happiness. It is very brave of her to open up like that and I am so glad to hear she is doing better now. I wish her and anyone else struggling with depression nothing but love, happiness, and healing. :heart:

See The Best In Everyone

Chromatography
20 minutes ago, Jakkusan said:

For people who live with severe mental illness every day and who have survived suicide and live with suicidal thoughts often, this comes across as very trite.

after both staring down a barrel of a gun and attempting to hang myself, no it doesn’t come off as trite. don’t gate keep suicide and suicidal ideation. it’s not cute. :enigma:

Jakkusan
7 minutes ago, Chromatography said:

after both staring down a barrel of a gun and attempting to hang myself, no it doesn’t come off as trite. don’t gate keep suicide and suicidal ideation. it’s not cute. :enigma:

I obviously wasn't trying to be cute, just honest.

SchwineLove
57 minutes ago, Blastertoyo said:

Did she describe herself as a thirsty popstar? 

This is so sad to hear that she felt this way about herself and her life 

so she was that self-aware. oh no now I feel bad for her. and even recently I still mock her as that chart hungry pop star.

thank God she realized that perception of her (thirsty of chart). and I hope she find ways to be more content as a human.

Ladle Ghoulash
39 minutes ago, Chromatography said:

Completely agreed. It’s not at all unfeasible that her career and break up were triggers that may have caused her to feel suicidal.

That being said, as someone who has also suffered from suicidal ideation, stay strong. 

March34th

I remember her talking about this back during the Witness era and I could tell she was going through it, yet Twitter was bullying her for having an "identity crisis" and making light of it,

I really hope she has found a healthier state of mind and balance and peace in her life, mental health is an intense thing to deal with and as someone who's dealt with suicidal thoughts since childhood I have a lot of respect for her being able to speak publicly about what she went through. :heart:

RenegAde
1 hour ago, Jakkusan said:

Ok, don't attack me, but the way this headline/story is written is really NOT good.

It seems to blame a "career shift" (aka. a dip in her popularity) and a break-up for her suicidal ideation. These things don't cause a person to take their own life. It's mental illness that drives someone to suicide. 

I disagree with you , traumatic experiences can lead someone to suicide .mental illness is sure the biggest force behind suicide but that is not everyone's story.

1 hour ago, Jakkusan said:

Traumatic events trigger mental illnesses :awkney:

Stop trying to invalidate other people's struggles, you sound pressed :awkney:

Virgin Ryan

Suddenly I think about Gaga in 2013 too. Glad she could survive. And glad for Katy too. Be strong

Archived