Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

UMG Stores Support responds to the Signed CDs

Lighter

Featured Posts

KillerMonster
22 minutes ago, phantasmas said:

Cute! 

I was going to frame just the card but now I think mixing other merch with it is even better!

thx for the inspo :vegas:

Glad I can give you a bit of inspiration! Haha, I am a VERY over the top person so I always got to go the extra mile lol. :heart:

Don’t play with me, it just hurts me.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Franch Toast
5 hours ago, River said:

tbh she's been lazy with her fans since the Joanne era when the M&G were 10 seconds of interaction.

Enigma M&G is now like 5 seconds, including the photo. If she's going to half-ass these things, knowing what a perfectionist she appears to be in other areas of her work, why not just do away with these extras? I imagine it is her label and/or team pushing her to do these things, but if she's really the "boss" as she told James Corden in carpool karaoke, then why not say no? It made me uncomfortable how she was exhibited like a zoo animal at her M&G, especially when she was so tired and in pain, and the thought of her bent over scrawling out signature after signature day after day also sounds terrible. She's "big" enough that she should be able to get out of this, but if she actually wants to do it, then do it right, or don't do it at all. 

She/Her/Hers

mezzanine

Honestly, to me this looks like recognising that the signature thing is being made not only by Gaga but more people.

This is an OPINION, not the reality, just a thought that I have with no proof nor "insider" or anything like that.

But what I think is that this is simply a boost for the charts, and that's why it is so cheap/"free", and available in every store, being re-stocked many times.

I think that that's why it is not more expensive, or a limited edition, numbered, or a pack, unlike in the past.

I think that it is why it's an L and not Lady Gaga, or just Gaga, not even an L with a heart. It's something quick that doesn't compromise her, since it could be made by her or somebody else. And if her team and the label knew and accorded that this is how it would look, they would not answer tweeting something like that, because they would KNOW how it was going to look, and they would not say a word. 

For me, that tweet is pointing to this theory. I do think that she was signing cards (announced as booklets btw), but those were the first ones sold, the ones that look good, like a real autograph. The rest, I think that unfortunately are made by somebody else for boosting the sales.

Last thing... I know that many of you aren't in a position where you can access to her or a concert, to attempt to get a signature by yourself, but still, if you're really disappointed, I really encourage you to never buy something like this, or an allegedly signed item on ebay by somebody else. Most of it is all fake, and it's not worth to suffer this delusion, not with Gaga but with anyone. An autograph is better if you get it by yourself, like a picture, it's a memory of a moment that you have shared with the artist, it's something yours. Of course, this is easy to say from my position, which is privileged, and maybe you don't care that much and just want a signed item, but if you really care about these things and you want to avoid to get to a moment when you will doubt about the originality of the signature, this is my humble advice.

Suuus
17 minutes ago, mezzanine said:

Honestly, to me this looks like recognising that the signature thing is being made not only by Gaga but more people.

This is an OPINION, not the reality, just a thought that I have with no proof nor "insider" or anything like that.

But what I think is that this is simply a boost for the charts, and that's why it is so cheap/"free", and available in every store, being re-stocked many times.

I think that that's why it is not more expensive, or a limited edition, numbered, or a pack, unlike in the past.

I think that it is why it's an L and not Lady Gaga, or just Gaga, not even an L with a heart. It's something quick that doesn't compromise her, since it could be made by her or somebody else. And if her team and the label knew and accorded that this is how it would look, they would not answer tweeting something like that, because they would KNOW how it was going to look, and they would not say a word. 

For me, that tweet is pointing to this theory. I do think that she was signing cards (announced as booklets btw), but those were the first ones sold, the ones that look good, like a real autograph. The rest, I think that unfortunately are made by somebody else for boosting the sales.

Last thing... I know that many of you aren't in a position where you can access to her or a concert, to attempt to get a signature by yourself, but still, if you're really disappointed, I really encourage you to never buy something like this, or an allegedly signed item on ebay by somebody else. Most of it is all fake, and it's not worth to suffer this delusion, not with Gaga but with anyone. An autograph is better if you get it by yourself, like a picture, it's a memory of a moment that you have shared with the artist, it's something yours. Of course, this is easy to say from my position, which is privileged, and maybe you don't care that much and just want a signed item, but if you really care about these things and you want to avoid to get to a moment when you will doubt about the originality of the signature, this is my humble advice.

Except the picture in the tweet is fake

Katsuki Bakugo

Proof Gaga didn’t sign this ****

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

Glamourpuss

@mezzanine your thoughts are the same as mine. That tweet from umg and the other one asking for order numbers was very telling. The fact they are "investigating" to find out which stores sent them is suspicious. It's kind of Iike owning up to the fact they're all different from wherever they come from and makes you think that they are going to "have words" with whoever is signing them incorrectly. 

I don't like to cast doubt on Gaga but her L's are loopy and alot of what people received aren't. 

Glamourpuss
15 minutes ago, Suuus said:

Except the picture in the tweet is fake

That's irrelevant though. There's proof all over Twitter of people showing their real L's and Z's. They just happened to respond to a fake one. 

StuckInMyMind
On 6/30/2020 at 5:45 AM, freebit said:

Once again, it sucks, but the point of these sigs & what makes it actually valuable sentimentally is that she touched it.

If she actually did sign it herself... maybe people got “L”s because the person/people helping to sign them couldn’t replicate Gagas autograph?

there is something off about the signatures. previously i thought the fact that some autographs are Ls is proof that she signed them cause her hand got tired but I really don't think so anymore. What's really telling is the logistics of it. I got my autograph on release day (I'm in Europe) and it is just super weird that US fans had to wait a month and the style of the signature changes from shop to shop, which makes me think there were definitely several sessions for each shop in US, Canada, Europe, etc. Usually she always posted pics of her signing the albums, sometimes several times. Why didn't she do it this time? Especially since there was the demand that they kept restocking the autographs every week. 

I find it hard to believe that in the weeks she must have spent signing 10000 of covers she never bothered to post about it. And if they all had been signed in one go during the quarantine there wouldn't have been these weird shipping delays.

Suuus
34 minutes ago, Glamourpuss said:

That's irrelevant though. There's proof all over Twitter of people showing their real L's and Z's. They just happened to respond to a fake one. 

Thats exactly my point they should be responding to a real picture not a fake one

Chromatography
29 minutes ago, Quran said:

there is something off about the signatures. previously i thought the fact that some autographs are Ls is proof that she signed them cause her hand got tired but I really don't think so anymore. What's really telling is the logistics of it. I got my autograph on release day (I'm in Europe) and it is just super weird that US fans had to wait a month and the style of the signature changes from shop to shop, which makes me think there were definitely several sessions for each shop in US, Canada, Europe, etc. Usually she always posted pics of her signing the albums, sometimes several times. Why didn't she do it this time? Especially since there was the demand that they kept restocking the autographs every week. 

I find it hard to believe that in the weeks she must have spent signing 10000 of covers she never bothered to post about it. And if they all had been signed in one go during the quarantine there wouldn't have been these weird shipping delays.

eh, to be fair, i don’t think there were pictures of the album signing because of all of the covid and blm protests, she had a narrow window in may when she could’ve posted but i don’t blame her 

L E O
27 minutes ago, Quran said:

@L E O didnt you say there were signed by several people?

Yep, that's what one person I know said (he's working at Universal France, but I don't what he does there exactly)

According to him Gaga and 4 more people were signing the card. But I don't know anything else :sweat:

Stephen
9 hours ago, Franch Toast said:

Enigma M&G is now like 5 seconds, including the photo. If she's going to half-ass these things, knowing what a perfectionist she appears to be in other areas of her work, why not just do away with these extras? I imagine it is her label and/or team pushing her to do these things, but if she's really the "boss" as she told James Corden in carpool karaoke, then why not say no? It made me uncomfortable how she was exhibited like a zoo animal at her M&G, especially when she was so tired and in pain, and the thought of her bent over scrawling out signature after signature day after day also sounds terrible. She's "big" enough that she should be able to get out of this, but if she actually wants to do it, then do it right, or don't do it at all. 

Orrrrrrrrrr she can sign Ls all day long if she wants to 

Archived