💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Gaga's mental state, ASIB, Joanne, Chromatica... how does it all fit

GerMonsterNotta

Featured Posts

GerMonsterNotta

So we all know Chromatica is one of her most, if not the most, personal and painful album.... 

How do you think these feeling of pain fit into ASIB's success? (or do you think they fit at all?)

On the surface, we got some inspiring and positive vibes from Gaga throughout the ASIB era. She really felt like a winner, and on the surface seemed like to be in such a good place.... 

How do you think any of this fits with explicit pain we hear everywhere on Chromatica?
Is the pain we hear on this album predominantly internal, and the hollywood-actress persona in the ASIB era, which seemed to beam with light and success another enigma and shield to the real world. 

Given that on the surface she seemed to be in such a fantastic place throughout 2019 in public, was anyone else quite startled with the level of pain we hear on Chromatica?
I find it sad that she could almost seamlessly conceal this from the public eye during the ASIB era, and even longer, and now she's being so brave in exposing the painful truth beneath her fame in her art to inspire and care for others........

Is the ASIB era part of the Chromatica III journey which is about healing process?.......
What are your thoughts...

NFRatwell

Considering Replay was one of if not the last song written for the album (so late 2019/early this year) I doubt ASIB’s fame really healed her. She’s had PTSD and health problems for years, it’s less about getting over those things but finding ways to repress them. I think we’ll continue to hear personal music about her issues because things like that don’t just get fixed and then she can be happy. It’s about making sure you can be as happy as you can for as long as you can daily. That’s why she’s said she’s in a better place now, because she’s found ways to repress her depression, trauma, etc better than she has. 

TasteLikeWhiskey

I think Gaga, suffering from mental illness, has learnt long ago how to do her job properly. It also sounds like she gives herself time during her schedule to dig into that raw emotional place to make her art. That's how you can get a happy Gaga in public, while still being able to create dark, deep and emotional art. 

I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong

GreenDiamond

interesting theory, its crazy but she mostly emits darkness when she is having a wild success period

see Fame - TFM

see BTW - ARTPOP

see ASIB - Chromatica

Ghost Face

It's often the times when you feeling high that you can feel the lows.

(+ I think her relation with Carino was toxic in some kind of way. 
I think that relationship and canceld mariage caused her a lot of pain, physically & mentally.

It's an honor.

Dr Fudge

I think it’s also worth remembering that her engagement ended right before the Oscars 2019. I think it’s fair to assume that it was a decision she decided on over time, so in the months prior during everything ASIB promo related, she probably was struggling a lot on the inside and hid it well. 

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

Judas Oyster

Kind of off topic but I'm working with a therapist to see if maybe I have bipolar 2. As I'm learning more about the disorder the things Gaga explain about her mental health and how she has acted throughout the years (of what the public can see) something rings a bell. What do you guys think?

On topic we could see after ASIB, a really successful era with a lot of fame and even winning an Oscar (life dream) she makes Chromatica. I mean when I first understood Replay I related a lot to it.

I'm almost sure she only has mentioned PTSD due to sexual abuse but I can't remember anything other than "being depressed". And she does take medicine (which won't make PSTD better, only maybe some symptoms but those are more like panic attacks or so). So I wonder then if she could take meds to deal with high and low points.

I also think for example of SXSW performance (puke) and the whole interview seemed a little manic. Then you could add other things like crazy ideas of outfits and stuff. She has said she wears her mood. Which would also explain how she can change so much from day to day.

Idk. Sorry probably should make a whole thread about it instead but it kinda fitted the topic.

I hope she's doing ok now, and I send her my love.

This is a difficult period for everyone.  

Juniper

Success doesn’t equal with happiness.

A lot of times through the years she’s said she’s happy, and then 6 months later revealing that she wasn’t that happy. Maybe she finds happiness in brief moments, but just because you win an Oscar you don’t suddenly snap out of depression. 

This is not a jab at anyone here, but sometimes I feel like fans think she HAS to be happy just because she’s winning awards and getting acclaim.

I think it’s important and great that she’s open about her mental and physical health, but people who claim they care about her still don’t seem to fully take in what she’s saying.

numb the flame

Around the time of the 2019 Grammys she seemed really off to me. I think her and Carino split around them which led to her depression getting worse thus leading to the making of the more darker songs on Chromatica. 

GerMonsterNotta
11 hours ago, Juniper said:

Success doesn’t equal with happiness.

A lot of times through the years she’s said she’s happy, and then 6 months later revealing that she wasn’t that happy. Maybe she finds happiness in brief moments, but just because you win an Oscar you don’t suddenly snap out of depression. 

This is not a jab at anyone here, but sometimes I feel like fans think she HAS to be happy just because she’s winning awards and getting acclaim.

I think it’s important and great that she’s open about her mental and physical health, but people who claim they care about her still don’t seem to fully take in what she’s saying.

Completely see you are not jabbing :) 
Of course, Fame/Success/Money whatever, does not equal 100% happiness for Gaga, or anyone else at all for that matter...

I almost find it even more heartbreaking that at times, on the outside, she's basking in the acclaim now yet internally there is so much sustained pain.
I think in some part this forms part of the 'Story of Gaga' and is a personal message and journey which has been present since TF/TFM days..... I just really hope that, as well as inspiring others to talk about their pain through her art and charitable efforts, she herself gets the support she needs and has good people around her to help :hug:

I see lots of concern for 2019ga in this thread, lets hope for better future mental state for her :heart: 

Creyk

I think Gaga lives a very sad and introspective life, she just slaps on a fake persona when she has to step out in public. That is why she uses social media so rarely, she does not want to broadcast a fake version of herself more than she absolutely has to.

gagasicebath
1 minute ago, Creyk said:

I think Gaga lives a very sad and introspective life, she just slaps on a fake persona when she has to step out in public. That is why she uses social media so rarely, she does not want to broadcast a fake version of herself more than she absolutely has to.

Sadly I think you’re right. Maybe sad all the time isn’t quite the case but I definitely think she’s introspective and probably an over thinker, which can be so tiring mentally.

I get the impression she has periods of happiness and things that can make her happy sporadically, but I think perhaps she’s someone who struggles to feel contented in the longer term.

Of course I’m not in her head and could be way off, all I wish for her is that she’s well. I hope with all the tools she’s found to deal with her mental health issues that she’s able to overcome any unrest eventually.

Creyk
8 minutes ago, gagasicebath said:

Sadly I think you’re right. Maybe sad all the time isn’t quite the case but I definitely think she’s introspective and probably an over thinker, which can be so tiring mentally.

I get the impression she has periods of happiness and things that can make her happy sporadically, but I think perhaps she’s someone who struggles to feel contented in the longer term.

Of course I’m not in her head and could be way off, all I wish for her is that she’s well. I hope with all the tools she’s found to deal with her mental health issues that she’s able to overcome any unrest eventually.

Well, she admitted to us that she has chronic depression so the things you describe aren't far off from the symptoms a person with that condition would experience. She takes the anti-psychotic drugs of course, but those are not fix-it-all magic pills, they won't fix her thinking mistakes, you need therapy for that.

Archived