Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Poor quality merch

Michael Baram

Featured Posts

numb the flame
29 minutes ago, Quartz said:

I don´t get it, this looks great.

It's because of the font hat the tracklist is hard to read. The materials used for the tracklist (puff print, embroidery) have been hard to read as it's so small and the font. 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Quartz said:

I don´t get it, this looks great.

It’s the track list embroidery, yeah it’s fine for what it is, but this is what the picture showed on the website  SharedImage-102911.png?t=f08de9f61179e8a

which led me to believe that the track list would be that legible. It’s really not a big deal, I like the hat, it just seems like a corner that was cut in the process of producing them instead of a stylistic choice to me. 

2 hours ago, spamuelbtanner said:

It's because of the font hat the tracklist is hard to read. The materials used for the tracklist (puff print, embroidery) have been hard to read as it's so small and the font. 

I adore the puff paint merch, I ordered the pink hoodie which has puff paint all over it. I can’t stop touching it when I wear it, it’s really fun. 

numb the flame
4 hours ago, lg5 said:

I adore the puff paint merch, I ordered the pink hoodie which has puff paint all over it. I can’t stop touching it when I wear it, it’s really fun. 

If the puff print is in quite a large font size and a simple font (e.g "Helvetica" for example) it's easy to read but when its the tracklist font it's hard to read. 

58 minutes ago, spamuelbtanner said:

If the puff print is in quite a large font size and a simple font (e.g "Helvetica" for example) it's easy to read but when its the tracklist font it's hard to read. 

Yeah!

my roommate ordered the charcoal crewneck sweatshirt and hers has the tracklist in puff paint on the sleeve. It’s pretty hard to read, but it’s still cute

On 6/30/2020 at 11:11 AM, lg5 said:

This is really helpful, thank you :heart:

Your Welcome GIF by memecandy

"She's an intellectual, your honor"

20 hours ago, lg5 said:

Yeah!

my roommate ordered the charcoal crewneck sweatshirt and hers has the tracklist in puff paint on the sleeve. It’s pretty hard to read, but it’s still cute

Say Word Laughing GIF by Desus & Mero

I JUST realized something! With you guys talking about how everything is fundamentally hard to read on all the products because of font/text density/texture...I was reminded that another Chromatica aesthetic is a texture that makes something look like a photocopy of a photocopy....high-contrast, illegible, "blobby". 

So basically, these intentionally "sloppy" design choices on the merch probably serve as tactile 3-d continuations of the original 2-d aesthetic. 

And another example of Gaga liking things intentionally messy!

excited genius GIF

"She's an intellectual, your honor"

Archived