💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Poor quality merch

Michael Baram

Featured Posts

Michael Baram

Is anyone else extremely disappointed with the quality of the official merch? I was really looking forward to the things I bought and even the cheapest products offered weren’t that cheap...

I strongly believe that people should never sell products they haven’t done quality control on THEMSELVES, especially when it’s in a store under their name, regardless of how busy they are or how famous they are.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
March34th

I really can't relate. All of the merch I've received have been excellent quality. Gaga's shirts always fit true to size for me (my body type is weird so I am a S and M, it depends on the brand because I'm slim in my stomach but have broad shoulders and upper chest + I'm 6'4" :awkney:) it's so difficult to find things that fit but Gaga's shirts make me look like I have bigger pecs :staymad:

Plus the raised textured aspects to her merch this era, like... the serve. I have rarely seen that for the price Gaga sells her merch for.

Plus the fact that she prints the label onto the interior of the shirt is amazing. Tags on clothes ruin them if you try to take them off and they are uncomfortable af, I'm glad she's opted to print directly onto the garment (St Vincent's and Nine Inch Nail's merch is like that too, great minds think alike)

Nothing has shrunk either. Even my shirt from the Joanne era is still fine, none of the print has cracked/faded, and hasn' shrunk an inch.

NFRatwell

OP complaining about Gaga releasing during an economic crisis yet they spent $30 on stickers... :billie: 

Glamourpuss

I can't believe anybody would pay that much for stickers tbh. 

Michael Baram
1 minute ago, March34th said:

I really can't relate. All of the merch I've received have been excellent quality. Gaga's shirts always fit true to size for me (my body type is weird so I am a S and M, it depends on the brand because I'm slim in my stomach but have broad shoulders and upper chest + I'm 6'4" :awkney:) it's so difficult to find things that fit but Gaga's shirts make me look like I have bigger pecs :staymad:

Plus the raised textured aspects to her merch this era, like... the serve. I have rarely seen that for the price Gaga sells her merch for.

Plus the fact that she prints the label onto the interior of the shirt is amazing. Tags on clothes ruin them if you try to take them off and they are uncomfortable af, I'm glad she's opted to print directly onto the garment (St Vincent's and Nine Inch Nail's merch is like that too, great minds think alike)

Nothing has shrunk either. Even my shirt from the Joanne era is still fine, none of the print has cracked/faded, and hasn' shrunk an inch.

All of my Joanne merch is still in incredible condition and I wear the t shirts almost every day... 
The Chromatica merch I bought has all been terribly executed and poorly made. I’m glad it’s not the case for everyone though! I guess the quality is not consistent with all the products (the Chromatica vinyls also look a lot nicer than the Stupid Love one I purchased)  

VOLANTIS

.. call that "For Texture" :sis: 

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

Lona Delery
8 minutes ago, March34th said:

sizing has nothing to do with quality though, and most artists print their label onto the shirt and dont use tags

Yes, the quality of the merch has been incredibly poor for Chromatica, i dont know who is in charge but wtf are they doing :rip:  i know merch generally is not as high quality as regular clothing for the same price, but this is honestly embarrassing

and its not just the shirts, look at those stickers im screaming
or the stupid love keychain, that was also a massive kii

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride

March34th
2 minutes ago, Lona Delery said:

sizing has nothing to do with quality though, and most artists print their label onto the shirt and dont use tags

Yes, the quality of the merch has been incredibly poor for Chromatica, i dont know who is in charge but wtf are they doing :rip:  i know merch generally is not as high quality as regular clothing for the same price, but this is honestly embarrassing

it can.

I've bought plenty of shirts that were oddly built for their sizes. Or would run small to a crazy extent. This is especially an issue in retail stores where the product is just pumped out on cheap material but sold for a stupid price.

I still can't see why so many ppl think the merch this era sucks, the concepts are so clear and the designs are fun and interesting and unique.

Lona Delery
Just now, March34th said:

it can.

I've bought plenty of shirts that were oddly built for their sizes. Or would run small to a crazy extent. This is especially an issue in retail stores where the product is just pumped out on cheap material but sold for a stupid price.

I still can't see why so many ppl think the merch this era sucks, the concepts are so clear and the designs are fun and interesting and unique.

no, sizing generally differs depending on the manufacturer and if its a regular/slim fit :rip: if a shirt shrunk after washing it, that would be a quality issue

a clear concept and fun designs, no matter how interesting and unique they are, do not make good merch if the quality is bad. like, the album cover tee would be really cute if the print looked halfway decent, which it doesntEZSdixpXsAI34ln?format=jpg&name=360x360

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride

Magui

Regarding merch I only buy shirts so my opinion isn't that useful. The shirts are normal quality for merch... I have some Queen, Rolling Stones, and Metallica ones that my brother gifted me that are the same quality. 

March34th
6 minutes ago, Lona Delery said:

no, sizing generally differs depending on the manufacturer and if its a regular/slim fit :rip: if a shirt shrunk after washing it, that would be a quality issue

a clear concept and fun designs, no matter how interesting and unique they are, do not make good merch if the quality is bad. like, the album cover tee would be really cute if the print looked halfway decent, which it doesntEZSdixpXsAI34ln?format=jpg&name=360x360

girl trust me it happens. I've bought shirts that were "medium" because I wear both S and M in mens only to put it on and have it feel like a slim fit S. Then comparing it to other shirts labelled as medium, it was as if I was holding an XS and M. I'm not sure if that is unique to where I live but it happens all the time which is why I hate shopping online/at malls where I can't really find something unique that will fit me (thrifting is my vibe for this reason)

I still cannot wrap my head around how people are saying the "quality" of the merch is bad. I own six Gaga t-shirts that have been washed repeatedly and they remain the same, with no fading, no major change in texture besides that slightly less rigid feeling a garment gets once you wash it for the first time.

The only issue I can see was someone on Twitter got the Chromatica cover art t-shirt and it was tinted orange. I can understand that.

I wonder if people are having issues with quality because of the demand for merch and something is wrong at the manufacturer? Stuff like that happens sometimes.

Aglaya
34 minutes ago, Michael Baram said:

Isn't this just part of the design? That kind of blurry-weird looking style IS part of the visual design for this album, as you can tell by looking at the good quality of the other stickers on that tweet. Also, they all look identical to the picture shown on her website, so I don't think this has something to do with bad quality :shrug:

stupid-love-sticker-pack-11_orig.png

could mean anything

Ack1234

I’m thinking it’s like any other purchases if you don’t like what you have bought send it back and get a refund.if many people did this it might be a good thing and stop them selling sh** 

CautiousLurker

The merch may be bad, but I think we can all agree that the jockstrap... is amazing :tony:
I mean, it does exactly what a good jockstrap should make you want to do - take it off as soon as possible :vegas:

MessyTop

I cancelled 3 orders now after seeing the poor quality of the products. Not worth it to be honest. 
I love Gaga but I can’t with people defending those signed CDs. To each it’s own I guess 

Archived