Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Poor quality merch

Michael Baram

Featured Posts

numb the flame

Artist merch is never amazing quality for the price that it is which is a shame but you're paying for the brand name. The white Coachella lizard tee I have from 2017 was like the image was printed into the material rather than the Chromatica artwork tee where it's just printed over the surface of the material. 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Helxig
1 hour ago, March34th said:

I'm slim in my stomach but have broad shoulders and upper chest + I'm 6'4" :awkney:) Gaga's shirts make me look like I have bigger pecs :staymad:

:usrs:  :lolly:

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

TortureMeOnReplay

I get that Gaga should ideally be involved in the quality control of products under her name, but her contract actually gives all merchandise decisions to Interscope...

numb the flame
1 minute ago, justhislife said:

I get that Gaga should ideally be involved in the quality control of products under her name, but her contract actually gives all merchandise decisions to Interscope...

Gaga has been wearing a lot of the merch this era, I'm sure if she can afford huge brands but chooses to wear her own merchandise then I doubt she sees much wrong with it. 

TortureMeOnReplay
4 minutes ago, spamuelbtanner said:

Gaga has been wearing a lot of the merch this era, I'm sure if she can afford huge brands but chooses to wear her own merchandise then I doubt she sees much wrong with it. 

Well it works as promo, but I see your point. Maybe she doesn't even know the issues that are going on for some fans?

CantGetEnough
1 hour ago, Aglaya said:

Isn't this just part of the design? That kind of blurry-weird looking style IS part of the visual design for this album, as you can tell by looking at the good quality of the other stickers on that tweet. Also, they all look identical to the picture shown on her website, so I don't think this has something to do with bad quality :shrug:

stupid-love-sticker-pack-11_orig.png

Exactly. You can see the quality in the shop photograph. It's clearly meant to have a vintage sci-fi novel art edge. Printing photos are easy, even if they were cheap, I can't see them being THAT cheap. It seems intentional.

I've heard the shirts are standard merch. I don't know what you expect for tees + album under $30-50. I've gotten some very nicely made merch from other artists, something you'd find in a store, and it's $60 minimum. That type of screenprint is what you're gonna get for the price she's asking.

Regarding screenprint/shirt quality it's really a double-edged sword for her: if she has durable prints and breatheable fabrics and charges 55$ for a tee + digital download she'll get dragged for how expensive the merch is...but then when she uses the standard merch fabric/screenprint she gets dragged for it being cheap lol. 

vyniildisk

Can someone confirm the quality of the thong and the jockstrap pls is for a friend 

numb the flame
12 minutes ago, Dulo Peep said:

Can someone confirm the quality of the thong and the jockstrap pls is for a friend 

I don't think anyone has received those yet

gagasicebath

I tend to wait until I see that people have received stuff and posted photos and opinions on the quality. Of course that means by the time I think something looks decent and I want it it’s usually late, it’s out of stock on the UK site and I pay a trillion dollars on the US site :saladga:

Looking at you, Chromatica crew neck. Sternly. At. You.

Chromatography
45 minutes ago, little legend said:

okay that one definitely doesn’t look like the picture. in regard to size, i know the dimensions are specified, but i really didn’t expect it to be that small. :toofunny:

LOVE FOOLISH
32 minutes ago, little legend said:

I hope OP's hand is abnormally large because I paid $60 for this pillow :bradley: it is so tiny...

why is the merch a hit or miss nowadays? I wish they would put more details on the merch page. 

dollardays
37 minutes ago, Spock said:

it's for texture :sis:

It literally is this time :laughga:

dynamite
49 minutes ago, little legend said:

I didn't realise she was selling merch for rodents :green:

Archived