Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Beyonce dragged for doing blackface, using Africa as a gimmick.

GiovanniDean

Featured Posts

Beyonce has done a lot of behind the scenes stuff too though. And if anything, her sales has taken a hit. Lemonade and Homecoming were big moments, but everything else "BML" she has done flopped and no one cared. So I don't really see how she is "gaining" anything or "jumping on the trend".

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mezzanine
54 minutes ago, Joaco95 said:

Mmm yes and no.

She started to see interest in africa culture after she fired her dad back and started to choose for herself back in 2011 with the release of 4(the year of this photoshoot). 

Yeah, she was kinda ignorant with some thing (i mean, we have this whole photoshoot with blackface) but she started to embrace more and more and when the whole BLM movement in its peak she decided to join with Formation. And that bad? Not really, if she would said anything about people would still be dragging her 'cause "oh, she light skin she doesnt care about blacks, she just like the light privilege", I mean, she still gets **** because her skin color. But anyway, since the first time I saw this photoshoot back in the day I knew she was so wrong for doing it, idk why no one on her team said something about it, also the light were so bright on these photos that she looks so white. 4 was supossed to mix Fela and african/tribal sounds (ie run the world, end of time) but then she decides to go R&B againts the whole edm trend it was on that year.

But aaanyway. Yes it was wrong, and she knew it cause she doesnt show the blackface part on her sartorial dity video (where she compilates all her photoshoots during the 4 era) and even surprises me 'cause one of her creative director at the time (Jenke Ahmed) was born in africa and was in charge of that cover photoshoot so idk

Thanks for educating me on her past with her father, etc., I didn't know! 

But what I mean is that she doesn't go deep, it still is superficial, like @Scarlet Witch said she grabs a bunch of popular visual stuff related to somewhere in some country inside of Africa, she mixes it all, and releases with her voice in the background, saying again all the typical stuff of kings, power, ancestors... but it's nothing else, nothing new.

And I totally agree with you, if she didn't do this even, she'd be trashed for not mentioning anything, I just think that it's too marketed to just sell and not be "too activist"/attached to the BLM movement to not lose her white fanbase probably.

I get it, it is a valid position and I understand it, but I simply don't buy it... anyway, I'm not the target, so by the end of the day I guess that everything's fine.

Prada
On 6/29/2020 at 9:47 PM, mezzanine said:

Thanks for educating me on her past with her father, etc., I didn't know! 

But what I mean is that she doesn't go deep, it still is superficial, like @Scarlet Witch said she grabs a bunch of popular visual stuff related to somewhere in some country inside of Africa, she mixes it all, and releases with her voice in the background, saying again all the typical stuff of kings, power, ancestors... but it's nothing else, nothing new.

And I totally agree with you, if she didn't do this even, she'd be trashed for not mentioning anything, I just think that it's too marketed to just sell and not be "too activist"/attached to the BLM movement to not lose her white fanbase probably.

I get it, it is a valid position and I understand it, but I simply don't buy it... anyway, I'm not the target, so by the end of the day I guess that everything's fine.

Yess

Aphrodizy26

theres a lotta white people using this as an excuse to bash on Bey

she is a black woman. Y’all sound like people trying to tell black people they can’t say the n word. 

Chromatography
12 minutes ago, Aphrodizy26 said:

theres a lotta white people using this as an excuse to bash on Bey

she is a black woman. Y’all sound like people trying to tell black people they can’t say the n word. 

there sure are but there’s also people from africa who have legitimate complaints. their opinion matters the most.

Warning
3 hours ago, Joaco95 said:

Mm we can say the same about gaga and the gays

Lol, she has 1 song (BTW)about “gays” and even that mentions it 1 time(BTW album musically theme itself isnt “gay” tho) or anything, so not really but yes she is an activist for gay rights, but she isnt doing “gay-okay” thing for her every album/song/statement to profit and jump on it (trend/issue) to sell quick single/album/ use Tidal fraudulent streams to manipulate her chart position, she has her own persona, career direction and does not need constantly catter to some things to sell. :shrug:

Aphrodizy26
12 minutes ago, Chromatography said:

there sure are but there’s also people from africa who have legitimate complaints. their opinion matters the most.

My issue is with the white people taking this and running with it to just hate on her

NCgaga

I’m not the biggest Beyonce fan by any means, and maybe I haven’t looked Into this enough. But I’m confused. She is a mixed black woman-creole/black. Doesn’t that give her the right to capitalize on her blackness?  I know there are many black people who really look to her for inspiration and even empower them. Maybe black empowerment is just her prerogative right now. Gaga has made the LGBTQ her prerogative for a good portion of her career. 

NCgaga
35 minutes ago, TottoLand said:

Agree. I think she has so much potential but it is as if Gaga just releases songs about just Gay rights. (ofc. Gaga has activist side but she has her own persoanlity and artistic self. Beyonce lack it. It appears almost fake. Because some PR team helps her to portrait fake person. I think Beyonce is an amazing person, but her teams way to portrait amazing artist really helping to ruin it.)

She should have personality, artistic self. This BLM activism and husband problems related album is just too superfical. If it weren' t for her over the top ability to put amazing performances  (and media' s help after 2011), she should be over by now. 

Gaga wrote “Angel Down” for the BLM movement. Whe. She was on drag race she told Alexis Michelle she should have wrote Black Lives Matter on her outfit. She also uses her voice for women’s rights and empowerment. I think Gaga is for the underdog period. 

23 hours ago, Vampyr said:

she did look lighter at one point but no idea honestly

9f1c5365d1ddf8c61dbff9d8fd1e1db5.jpg

While it could be flashback, sometimes she did look drastically whiter to the point it could be flashback. 

It's sad that she may have felt she had to do it to succeed in the white music industry, I dunno. 

Either way, the blackface thing was incredibly questionable...

Joaco95
2 hours ago, Warning said:

Lol, she has 1 song (BTW)about “gays” and even that mentions it 1 time(BTW album musically theme itself isnt “gay” tho) or anything, so not really but yes she is an activist for gay rights, but she isnt doing “gay-okay” thing for her every album/song/statement to profit and jump on it (trend/issue) to sell quick single/album/ use Tidal fraudulent streams to manipulate her chart position, she has her own persona, career direction and does not need constantly catter to some things to sell. :shrug:

oh please, she's been using the gays since forever the "i'm gay, my music is gay" or the lesbian kiss on lovegame, the guys in heels in alejandro or the gay kiss on the monster ball tour (yeah, i know that aint gay but we were like "yass" the whole time so), i mean she embrace the lgbt+ community her whole career and thats bad? Mmm idk but I'm glad she's using her music to send a message and educate people.

Now, Beyonce, a black girl trying to educate herself and others about her past and it means to her be a black girl and peoplr are dragging her cause shes using this just for promo? I mean, come on. Just because her dad tried to make her the perfect american black popstar doesn't mean that now that shes free to do whatever she wants she cant research about her etnity or even express her problems on her marriage on a song or album, wasn't you and i about some old releationship gaga has with luc? Or all the other songs she made about him, or just recently million reasons, the leaked broklyn nights etc etc

Why gaga things are real? But bey, who's been working for more than a year on black is king has to be fake? Why? She doesnt like to be black or her problems are not real? 

The blackface thing its still a mess, yeah, and it's okay to dont like her music, but you all always to hard on her, like she can do something without being called fake

thet1234
On 6/29/2020 at 10:15 AM, Guest said:

but that's her background, is it not? all americans' ancestry stems from somewhere other than america. 

yeah. African Americans for the most part not in touch with their culture. It kinda seems like she's benefitting of her culture. She's reaping the benefits of being light skin then darkening her skin to benefit off a different market. 

um chile

Archived