💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Beyonce dragged for doing blackface, using Africa as a gimmick.

GiovanniDean

Featured Posts

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chromatica Island

I love Beyonce but this makes me uncomfortable, why couldn't she have used her regular skin color or a model who has a darker skintone? I'm not black, so idk what to really say about this situation....

Any/All Pronouns, Genderfluid🏳‍⚧

TortureMeOnReplay
8 minutes ago, GiovanniDean said:

Yeah that too.

Also I saw people mentioning the fact that her ancestors were white slave owners,something she confessed herself last year. 

Yeah, a lot of the slaves were raped....

I just don't really understand the outrage, sorry. If Beyoncé turned a blind eye to her ancestry and where she came from she would be a traitor and pandering to white people. This is not where a white person tries to culturally appropriate anything and mess with something who's ancestors have nothing to do with it besides try to erase them. This is an African American Creole woman who has always tried to bring African culture to mainstream, and I believe she has tried to do it respectfully. She backed BLM upon its creation, represented through various large performances such as the Super Bowl (an event with a typical viewership of 100 million, predominantly white) and Coachella, and collaborated and gave her platform to African artists and their musical history with the Lion King soundtrack. There are much more important things to be outraged about than a woman paying homage to her roots, and focusing on tearing down an ally does nothing but hurt equality and cause people to turn away. 

RenegAde
1 minute ago, Vampyr said:

:selena:

Exactly these are the things that pisses me off 

stevana229

I'm sorry but this is REACHING. Beyonce is BLACK and has done so much for the Black community. People are trying so hard to get clout 

Seryabkina
1 minute ago, stevana229 said:

I'm sorry but this is REACHING. Beyonce is BLACK and has done so much for the Black community. People are trying so hard to get clout 

for black people in America, yeah, but the tweets are talking about an entire different matter

raragaga

:koons:

xoxo

Angelm

I have no word on judging that because I’m not black, the only thing I can say about Beyonce, is that sometimes her actions come accross fake to me...

She hasn’t done anything groundbreaking for her status... She’s a very local act, only in the U.S, and even there... she only has a very few niche of people. Which in that end, using her voice to embrace her race is great, but I think she doesn’t sees the whole spectrum and might not be as woke as she markets herself.

Gimme More

I'd like to see how this can be stuck up for, she's always came across fake to me :poot:

#JusticeForBritney ♡

Seryabkina
2 minutes ago, Angelm said:

I have no word on judging that because I’m not black, the only thing I can say about Beyonce, is that sometimes her actions come accross fake to me...

She hasn’t done anything groundbreaking for her status... She’s a very local act, only in the U.S, and even there... she only has a very few niche of people. Which in that end, using her voice to embrace her race is great, but I think she doesn’t sees the whole spectrum and might not be as woke as she markets herself.

this kinda applies for most of the American artists imo...everyone suddenly became woke once it became popular to act like it and later you see these images cracking left and right after their skeletons get leaked from the closet

HoneyB
25 minutes ago, South Blonde said:

Which other black celebs are doing this? Not shade, just curiosity 

I’ll be honest, I tried to do some research on your question but unfortunately I was unable to come up with any worthwhile examples:emma: I did see an article that discussed the movie Black Panther, and the fact that despite the movie being based around an African setting, a majority of the black actors are not even from Africa, yet they play roles as if they have lived in Africa? Idk this whole thing brings up an interesting discussion that should be looked into more, I’ll have to educate myself more I’m not very informed on this topic truthfully.

💋 𝕊𝕥𝕖𝕡 𝕐𝕒 ℂ𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝕌𝕡💋🍪

Angelm
1 minute ago, Vampyr said:

this kinda applies for most of the American artists imo...everyone suddenly became woke once it became popular to act like it and later you see these images cracking left and right after their skeletons get leaked from the closet

Right, I think if people REALLY want to be woke, they shouldn’t just throw everything at once to people’s faces.

Gaga has always used her voice to do so, since day one.

But you can see other people that overnight do that....

Archived