Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Beyonce dragged for doing blackface, using Africa as a gimmick.

GiovanniDean

Featured Posts

JusKeepBreathin
1 hour ago, Joesuda said:

I think the problem here comes from a place where an american (Beyonce, who has not lived in Africa nor have her parents lived in Africa) is trying to represent and exploit African culture for profit and claiming that there is one homogenous African culture whilst it has a lot of them. Aka an american appropriating African culture which she directly has not a lot connection with. 

That's one of the problems I think Beyoncé has taken advantage of the fact that she is light skinned for years. When has she ever not been a honey blonde?

I love her and I do understand that she is African American but I can't get behind this. 

I mean I remember the video for Beautiful Liar with Shakira. You couldn't tell who was who for most of it. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HoneyB
1 minute ago, South Blonde said:

The chills this sentence gave me...

That’s the unfortunate truth:shrug: I do not agree with this but that’s what all these celebs do and woke/black twitter will eat it up

💋 𝕊𝕥𝕖𝕡 𝕐𝕒 ℂ𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝕌𝕡💋🍪

joesuda
3 minutes ago, KanyeWest said:

It's interesting because a lot of african-americans, I believe, do not know what country in africa they are from, and therefore are not in touch with their own culture, or never visited Africa, but they are outraged by Beyoncé using "africa as a gimmick". Beyoncé apparently has never been to Africa. So basically nobody seems to really know about Africa in this conversation on Twitter...but thats jsut my theory

Majority of the ones OP quoted that are outraged seem to live in Africa so I think that they do know about living in Africa and their outrage and opinions are a lot more valid compared to americans.

Knew you'd make fun of me

2 minutes ago, Joesuda said:

Majority of the ones OP quoted that are outraged seem to live in Africa so I think that they do know about living in Africa and their outrage and opinions are a lot more valid compared to americans.

Yes absolutely, my opinion too

HoneyB

People have the right to be upset about this, this is quite disheartening...

💋 𝕊𝕥𝕖𝕡 𝕐𝕒 ℂ𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝕌𝕡💋🍪

Skabi
2 minutes ago, ANTI WP said:

John Wayne :toofunny:

the v magazine photoshoot, that photo with the people doing blackface..... oh god

NFRatwell
7 minutes ago, GiovanniDean said:

Yeah that too.

Also I saw people mentioning the fact that her ancestors were white slave owners,something she confessed herself last year. 

Most southern African Americans have white slave owning ancestors... :spin: 

South Blonde
7 minutes ago, HoneyB said:

That’s the unfortunate truth:shrug: I do not agree with this but that’s what all these celebs do and woke/black twitter will eat it up

Which other black celebs are doing this? Not shade, just curiosity 

Don't you think maybe they are the same thing? Love and attention?

25 minutes ago, Joesuda said:

I think the problem here comes from a place where an american (Beyonce, who has not lived in Africa nor have her parents lived in Africa) is trying to represent and exploit African culture for profit and claiming that there is one homogenous African culture whilst it has a lot of them. Aka an american appropriating African culture which she directly has not a lot connection with. 

but that's her background, is it not? all americans' ancestry stems from somewhere other than america. 

Suuus
1 minute ago, Queen Neyde said:

the v magazine photoshoot, that photo with the people doing blackface..... oh god

To be fair in the photo with the people in blackface gaga seemed drunk/high af so she probably didnt realize who she was posing with and the v magazine photoshoot was a jab at the exstreme tanning people were doing at the time

Skabi
Just now, Suuus said:

To be fair in the photo with the people in blackface gaga seemed drunk/high af so she probably didnt realize who she was posing with and the v magazine photoshoot was a jab at the exstreme tanning people were doing at the time

i know, stan culture does not and does not care sadly

Suuus
Just now, Queen Neyde said:

i know, stan culture does not and does not care sadly

Exactly this 

7 minutes ago, Queen Neyde said:

nah, all the time they try, and that was supposed to be about a "scat party", not blackface

Archived