Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Beyonce dragged for doing blackface, using Africa as a gimmick.

GiovanniDean

Featured Posts

Gimme More
5 minutes ago, Varys said:

Not @Gimme More liking all the she has never performed in africa (while she has in Nigeria ethiopia egypt south africa) and she thinks that all africa is the same  while YOUR fave said she doesnt want to go to Japan because she heard fish is popular in africa.

and you saying she deserves to be cannceled wth is this if you are white and not from africa you have no say in this. Period

It's a bit different to painting your face a much darker colour, when she knows colourism is a MASSIVE issue in that culture. There's a big difference between Britney's dumb/ignorant comment to literally changing your skin tone darker :saladga: which is highly offensive.

So don't deflect and attempt to come for me, Beyonce would have known this was wrong, especially as an alleged activist. 

You stick up for Beyonce in every thread, which may be fair on other occasions but this occasion is completely inexcusable.

#JusticeForBritney ♡

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Prada
2 hours ago, mezzanine said:

the quoted tweets are literally black people talking about why is it wrong and black africans (not african americans) explaining how tired they are (and why) of african exploitation without even knowing which tribe of the thousands existing in the COUNTRIES that form africa (not africa as a whole uniform thing that you can monetize) they are referring to. 

I think that this thread is very useful because regardless of the color of the skin, we all can see how african people feel about their representation in US american and european media and learn from it to change.

I'm not gonna talk about blackface or not because I don't have a say on it, but I think that no one needs to be really smart to see how Beyoncé has jumped on this wagon right after the BLM movement became mainstream, just like LGBT (more like gay) pride and the companies using our flag. When I see formation, etc., I totally understand what these folks say: it's onedimensional, there's no deepness, just visuals and 3 phrases that are viral tweets and sound cool and woke.

There's been many articles and polemics where we've been reading on how she handles, and how she's marketed, regarding public image and career wise, starting from that leaked video at the elevator where her sister has a fight with jay-z, allegedly because of him f*cking with another woman, and she's just right next to them quiet and not moving a single part of her body, it's spooky, and then they've even exploited that publicly and toured together, all seeming for the image of the perfect marriage that goes through, where they're both artists, and now black people representatives, which of course they are, but it just doesn't feel political; as black africans are pointing, it looks like appropriation since it's not something educational or that explains a culture, they're (black african people) pointing that they're mixing totally unrelated things from different tribes, not related either, for the visuals and fetishization of Africa, but because it is Beyoncé, she will get a pass, and I understand it because she's the only big star that is black and that they have, and even with this, she's the only big representation on the mainstream and people need her, but that doesn't stop anybody from being critic and thinking deeper about everything, it's always a good exercise, and what we think is not the point, it is how african people feel about this, and if beyoncé really cares about any of this, or she's just making it cute for some videos until there's a next movement exploitable, by her or by any white artist.

You wrote it perfectly. Can't explain better.

Varys
1 minute ago, Gimme More said:

It's a bit different to painting your face a much darker colour, when she knows colourism is a MASSIVE issue in that culture. There's a big difference between Britney's dumb/ignorant comment to literally changing your skin tone darker :saladga: which is highly offensive.

So don't deflect and attempt to come for me, Beyonce would have known this was wrong, especially as an alleged activist. 

You stick up for Beyonce in every thread, which may be fair in other occasions but this occasion is inexcusable.

Thats fair but I still dont think its your place to say she has to be cannceld or to spread flase information by saying she thinks all of africa is the same or she never performed there

Banned 04/19/2020 - 04/19/2020

Gustavo

I'm white, so I can't decide if this is or no wrong, I think that only black people can decide 

Illuminati Freak

Imagine being so butt hurt over a black woman choosing to express her blackness her own way. The sooner y’all accept Beyoncé is black & has every right to express her blackness however tf she wants, the better. Gay men in real life trying to act like she’s appropriating her own culture. Bitch plueeeeez most everything about Gay culture and society is appropriated from black culture from slang, music and fashion so sit your asses down and shut the he’ll up. Some of you  just became “woke” and want to police blackness. Just trying to tell a Black women what she should and shouldn’t be doing in regards to her own  culture. The audacity of it all is grotesque. First ya’ll complained Bey was trying to be white and bleached her skin but now ya’ll claim she is trying to be too black. 🙄 Acting like a grown ass Black woman doesn’t know anything about her own culture. It’s same people on here seething with Ignorance, envy jealousy and blatant racism I see in these Bey threads. 

Gimme More
2 minutes ago, Illuminati Freak said:

Imagine being so butt hurt over a black woman choosing to express her blackness her own way. The sooner y’all accept Beyoncé is black & has every right to express her blackness however tf she wants, the better. Gay men in real life trying to act like she’s appropriating her own culture. Bitch plueeeeez most everything about Gay culture and society is appropriated from black culture from slang, music and fashion so sit your asses down and shut the he’ll up. Some of you  just became “woke” and want to police blackness. Just trying to tell a Black women what she should and shouldn’t be doing in regards to her own  culture. The audacity of it all is grotesque. First ya’ll complained Bey was trying to be white and bleached her skin but now ya’ll claim she is trying to be too black. 🙄 Acting like a grown ass Black woman doesn’t know anything about her own culture. It’s same people on here seething with Ignorance, envy jealousy and blatant racism I see in these Bey threads. 

Ignorance? I have to laugh, if you knew what you were talking you would know that there is colourism in these cultures so Beyonce suddenly making herself much darker is HIGHLY offensive to people. Especially as someone who is attempting to be an activist.

#JusticeForBritney ♡

Illuminati Freak
2 minutes ago, Gimme More said:

Ignorance? I have to laugh, if you knew what you were talking you would know that there is colourism in these cultures so Beyonce suddenly making herself much darker is HIGHLY offensive to people. Especially as someone who is attempting to be an activist.

beyonce bitch please GIF

Gimme More
Just now, Illuminati Freak said:

beyonce bitch please GIF

that's all you could contribute? :ladyhaha: says it all.

#JusticeForBritney ♡

voidfigure

Guys I'm genuinely asking because I don't know much about the cultural impact of this blackface thing, that's being brought to the attention of the media on a daily basis now, so sorry if I may come off as ignorant but... people are being accused of blackface and disrespecting black people for almost everything. I mean, a friend of mine once came to a carnival party dressed up as a black woman (in the style of Boney M backsingers) but she's not racist or anything, is that considered a blackface issue too? I read of this problem almost every day, first with Chalamet's new girlfriend, now Beyoncé: I mean, are we sure there's an actual intention of mocking a culture? Enlighten me 

Illuminati Freak
11 minutes ago, Gimme More said:

that's all you could contribute? :ladyhaha: says it all.

Educate yourself on the matter I’ve said what I said you’re one of the butthurt people who shouldn’t be commenting on how a black woman represents herself. My original post was aimed at people like you. Struck a nerve and stung like bee eh? 🐝

Seryabkina
21 minutes ago, Illuminati Freak said:

well, thing is that actual african users were complaining about that... now that the other people are butting in it's a different matter

Illuminati Freak
4 minutes ago, Vampyr said:

well, thing is that actual african users were complaining about that... now that the other people are butting in it's a different matter

Africans have always taken issue with how African Americans represent themselves but at the same time want to also glorify and adopt the African American culture over there. They worship it so that’s hypocrisy right there. 

mezzanine
19 minutes ago, Illuminati Freak said:

Africans have always taken issue with how African Americans represent themselves but at the same time want to also glorify and adopt the African American culture over there. They worship it so that’s hypocrisy right there. 

girl you haven't understood anything at all from this post, and you're in a public forum so of course people will give their opinion if they are asked, go try to police somewhere else. native africans are complaining and we're educating ourselves and questioning marketing decisions, it's part of living in a capitalistic society, YOU are telling native africans how they should feel, being black doesn't exempt you from doing things wrong the same way that being gay doesn't exempt me from being racist, misogynistic, etc.

it's a lifetime process. and people here talking about a career decision, a photoshoot or how, ACCORDING TO THE OWN NATIVE AFRICAN PEOPLE, she is contributing to that african fetishization, doesn't mean that they/we are jealous, policing or saying anyone how they should feel or think, it's just having a critic eye and analysing the products that we consume and its political and social consequences.

we get it, you wanted to write the typical twitter speech and use woke and audacity in one paragraph, and you've even built a whole movie in your head about this, but still, this is a 100% reach. it's ok if you're a beyoncé stan, but this is deeper than that.

Gimme More
24 minutes ago, Illuminati Freak said:

Educate yourself on the matter I’ve said what I said you’re one of the butthurt people who shouldn’t be commenting on how a black woman represents herself. My original post was aimed at people like you. Struck a nerve and stung like bee eh? 🐝

I like how you edited this a lot from when I initially saw it :ladyhaha:

people like me? I'm educated on this matter, hence why I gave my valid comments.

Colourism is a MASSIVE Issue, people who are 'lighter' skinned are seen as 'better' in certain cultures, which is wrong, yet here Beyonce is playing with that and suddenly making her skin much darker? they could have easily have got someone of that colour instead of using Beyonce.

Anyway by your response I can see your maturity level is quite low, so it's like talking to a brick wall :billie:

#JusticeForBritney ♡

RenegAde
1 hour ago, KanyeWest said:

She's never been to Africa... I could never see myself talk about my country in North Africa where I'm from, if Ive never been there, and never talked to my people, never seen my country, never been amongst people that I talk about in my songs, she seems to be marketing all of that to me. Africa is big, it's diverse, each country has its own culture, own food, own people with different language. She doesn't seem to know where to go with 'images' about 'Africa'. But where in Africa? What are you actually going to talk about, because South Africa, and Senegal are two different things. Makes me roll my eyes that african americans think Africa is one country of its own

Beyonce has  actually been to Africa she came to my country over ten years ago or so with jay z.  Still doesn't invalidate the point you've made but i just thought to correct that  since iv seen many users say the same thing. 

Archived