Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
interview

Tom Norris talks about his experience working on Chromatica as a mixer

monketsharona

Featured Posts

monketsharona

'Norris says that without a doubt, mixing the entirety of Chromatica is his highest-profile project to date. Bloodpop, whom he met at the end of 2017 and has stayed friends with, invited him into the process, which had a relatively small core team: Bloodpop signed on to executive produce alongside Gaga; there was Ben Rice, her vocal producer and engineer; and Burns, who produced a majority of the tracks, though a handful of others are credited throughout. As a result, Norris says “it felt like summer camp," and recalls how they would all show up at Henson studios in L.A., “play Tetris, order food and hang out.”

Amidst it all, he says there were moments of lucidity where he’d realize the weight of working on a Lady Gaga album, specifically when he’d hear a song and think: “This is something that literally only Lady Gaga would do this way.” He first experienced that jolt while hearing a mostly-finished version of “Enigma,” for the first time, which was the first song he worked on. He says: "That has a special place in my heart by dint of it being my first exposure to the world of Chromatica.”'

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/9408617/in-demand-tom-norris-the-middle-chromatica?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

monketsharona

It's also good to know he already worked with BloodPop, Skrillex, Boys Noize et Grimes (& Ty Dolla Sign who worked with Gaga sur on some tracks from Chromatica who hasn't made the cut, or maybe later ?)

Rifek
59 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

Il est également intéressant de voir qu'il a déjà travaillé avec BloodPop, Skrillex, Boys Noize et Grimes (et Ty Dolla Sign qui a également travaillé avec Gaga sur certaines pistes de Chromatica qui n'ont pas fait la coupe, ou le feront plus tard?)

Wut? :awesome:

❗️ IG: thebumblebee__ ❗️

monketsharona
58 minutes ago, Rifek said:

Wut? :awesome:

I edited my post, I don't know why Google automatically translated in French :enigma:

vyniildisk

Interesting. What mixing means? Like they mix everything at the end? 

RAMROD
35 minutes ago, Dulo Peep said:

Interesting. What mixing means? Like they mix everything at the end? 

Yup. The process of combining multitrack recordings into a final mono, stereo or surround sound product.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

vyniildisk
4 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Yup. The process of combining multitrack recordings into a final mono, stereo or surround sound product.

thank you skinny

Archived