Beyoncé to receive BET humanitarian award for COVID-19 efforts

Bambino

Featured Posts

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pachinko
3 minutes ago, myluis617 said:

So its her foundations work and she helps upkeep her foundation. Im sure there is good reason to award her. We don't know all the ways that her foundation is helping out communities so let's not get hateful

Gaga has had bigger impact. So these comments can sit down.

Borislshere

Not Y'all freaking out over an award for BLACK people because Gaga (a white woman) didn't get it :billie:

Suuus
1 minute ago, thehanyo said:

You said you want to live in a world without segregation. That's a nice idea, but the truth is you DON'T live in that world. So to ignore the importance of awards that highlight the achievements of minorities is unhelpful at best.

Im not ignoring it i just wish these people where awarded like the rest of us so they dont have to feel like a minoritie

myluis617
2 minutes ago, pachinko said:

Its a BET award am I tripping or is it yall?

Im out,

Corgi Swimming GIF by MOODMAN

alsemanche
3 minutes ago, pachinko said:

Gaga is a black person now? tf

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Chromatography
7 minutes ago, darkpaw said:

If the 2014 Grammy's thought me anything, it's that your skin color does matter to them.

why that year specifically? i don’t watch or keep up with the grammys 

Varys
4 minutes ago, pachinko said:

Look up for what BET stands and then YOU sit down

Banned 04/19/2020 - 04/19/2020

RenegAde
7 minutes ago, Borislshere said:

Not Y'all freaking out over an award for BLACK people because Gaga (a white woman) didn't get it :billie:

That's not the reason people are freaking out.  they are alot of black celebrities  that were at the forefront of the fight against covid like rihanna ,she donated more than 5 million Oprah donated 10 million. The  celebrities that were vocal and at the forefront of the fight against covid should be the ones to get public recognitions like this. 

The bottom line is BET will do anything to kiss beyonces ass , we been knew. But that's cool

thehanyo
3 minutes ago, Suuus said:

Im not ignoring it i just wish these people where awarded like the rest of us so they dont have to feel like a minoritie

That's the goal, of course. We're not there, yet.

Chromatography
4 minutes ago, pachinko said:

why does impact matter here? we’re all suffering through this pandemic so any little help is great and appreciated, who literally cares if bey gets a bet award for this. the nerve. you do realize sometimes that maybe, just maybe it’s better to help for the sake of helping and not expect some award to come from it? that “ha impact” isn’t always the most important? 

Allan
1 minute ago, Suuus said:

The thing is: they weren't awarded like "the rest of us" so they had to create their own awards, as it's quite known that award shows tend to overlook POC and women, mostly when they're in power positions like directors (mostly the bigger, more conservative ones). I too wish there wouldn't be this separation, but these color/gender specific awards are great to highlight the great artists and professionals that exist within a minority so more people, even outside of this minority, get to know about them.

• CyanLights changed the title to Beyoncé to receive BET humanitarian award for COVID-19 efforts
  • Admin locked this topic

Archived