Enzo

Not album related lol

But the Free Woman demo is fugly 

Especially the stuttering bridge thing 

She literally improved the song on the album version 

툭 까보면 어김없이 소리질러와

radioactive
Just now, xoxo Craig said:

If Chromatica is "safe" then whats Joanne, ARTPOP, and The Fame/Monster?

“challenging” to the gp’s taste and even her fans :shrug:

it doesn’t mean that it’s bad, as we’ve seen what happened with joanne when she tried to challenge us... but it’s also not good. to me gaga is all about experimenting, reinventing herself, inventing even. this album didn’t feel new or different from her recent work, or maybe i just expected it to be different.

Enzo
1 minute ago, xoxo Craig said:

Exactly my point. Chromatica isn't a "safe" option 

She played it safe tho, by doing what everyone was expecting and waiting for, a full pop album 

Fortunately it's not your average pop album :vegas:

툭 까보면 어김없이 소리질러와

Sour Candy is the worst song on the album and doesn't fit in the second act.

1000 Doves is amazing.

Free Woman was ruined by a terrible EDM drop.

Jase
1 minute ago, JaysAMess said:

Sine From Above is the best song on the album.

That would be called taste x

hhennywise
14 minutes ago, wook said:

Plastic Doll is one of the only ones with chorus :billie:

what? are you ok sweatie?

FfFfFfFF

Alice is slightly overrated due to it being the opener and having that amazing chorus in it's first seconds. It gives you that adrenaline rush from the start however the verses that follow aren't that strong.

RudraCNG

Alice is bottom tier of the album (still good tho)

911's chorus is a bit underwhelming

Plastic Doll's bridge is one of her best 

Despite being my 2nd favourite Gaga's song ever, I'd prefer a different ending for SFA

Chromatica is her best album along with BTW

COOOK

Alice has excessive praise
Sine From Above is not a masterpiece (plus, the outro throws me off the experience and makes me want to skip it)
I enjoy listening to this album front to back more than Born This Way
1000 Doves fits better as a bonus track
I still like Stupid Love, but the video totally ruined it from being one of my favs

xoxo Craig
Just now, radioactive said:

“challenging” to the gp’s taste and even her fans :shrug:

it doesn’t mean that it’s bad, as we’ve seen what happened with joanne when she tried to challenge us... but it’s also not good. to me gaga is all about experimenting, reinventing herself, inventing even. this album didn’t feel new or different from her recent work, or maybe i just expected it to be different.

I don't see it as a safe option. The GP was perfectly happy for Gaga to go down more of the ASIB direction and deliver AC ballads, give vocals for days like Mariah and Celine, and become that type of artist. I admit that a lot of fans wanted Gaga to go back to dance... but a lot of the fans wanted dark, disco, pop bops like The Fame Monster or the so called "Orginal LG5".

If Gaga really wanted to play it safe, she'd have given us an Adele like album with huge power ballads like in A Star Is Born. I've seen a lot of non-Gaga stans (Ayjayll for example) react on YouTube to Chromatica... they were not ready for that type of music from her. Chromatica still is challenging to the GP because its not like ASIB that garnered so much praise for her ballads.

Its also challenging fans tastes as well. Yes, its dance. But its not the 80s inspired dance pop songs the fans typically want. This is more 90s and early 2000s dance music brought back and updated. Its nothing like The Fame, or The Fame Monster, or Born This Way... or ARTPOP (in terms of sonics). 

So yeah, I don't see Chromatica as a safe option at all... and still very much a risk.

End Racism Now

AlexanderMagno

I just LOVE how these "unpopular opinion" threads are always so successful :billie: it's like a safe space for those who don't dare to admit that not everything Gaga does is good.

Anyway, my unpopular opinion: Chromatica is a poorly produced album, and her music was reduced to average pop songs. They are catchy, they are dancy, but they are no better than the bubblegum pop that Katy Perry has delivered. Chromatica is like a good Britney Spears album. I think albums like 1989 are better delivered. Which is a shame, because I still think Chromatica has some of the best ideas Gaga had in years. Well, at least this time she gave the fans what they wanted, I guess...

xoxo Craig
7 minutes ago, Enzo said:

She played it safe tho, by doing what everyone was expecting and waiting for, a full pop album 

Fortunately it's not your average pop album :vegas:

Just now, xoxo Craig said:

I don't see it as a safe option. The GP was perfectly happy for Gaga to go down more of the ASIB direction and deliver AC ballads, give vocals for days like Mariah and Celine, and become that type of artist. I admit that a lot of fans wanted Gaga to go back to dance... but a lot of the fans wanted dark, disco, pop bops like The Fame Monster or the so called "Orginal LG5".

If Gaga really wanted to play it safe, she'd have given us an Adele like album with huge power ballads like in A Star Is Born. I've seen a lot of non-Gaga stans (Ayjayll for example) react on YouTube to Chromatica... they were not ready for that type of music from her. Chromatica still is challenging to the GP because its not like ASIB that garnered so much praise for her ballads.

Its also challenging fans tastes as well. Yes, its dance. But its not the 80s inspired dance pop songs the fans typically want. This is more 90s and early 2000s dance music brought back and updated. Its nothing like The Fame, or The Fame Monster, or Born This Way... or ARTPOP (in terms of sonics). 

So yeah, I don't see Chromatica as a safe option at all... and still very much a risk.

End Racism Now

Archived