đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

YOUR unpopular opinions: Chromatica edition

Jase

Featured Posts

For the album itself

- Plastic Doll is one of her best songs, y’all just don’t like it cause it’s low key directed at us!

- Sine From Above did not need Elton at all

- It’s one of her best and despite being simpler lyrically it is MUCH more coherent than ARTPOP in message.

For the era 

- I really have no issues besides some of the fans being bitter about it not living up to their expectations. As someone who has been a Monster since 2012, I’ve progressively watched her establish a different relationship with her fan base from one that to be honest was kinda unhealthy. She almost always prioritized what we wanted, we took that for granted, basically seized ownership of her existence and I feel like that made her feel suffocated. I’m okay with her taking me on whatever rollercoaster she wants, whenever she feels ready to. I feel like that’s what she deserves after how much the public AND us have put her through.

Pardon the long post :enigma:

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hieronymus
3 minutes ago, Gay P said:

For the album itself

- Plastic Doll is one of her best songs, y’all just don’t like it cause it’s low key directed at us!

No, I don't like Plastic Doll because it sounds and has lyrics like something from Britney Jean and it's bad.

zerojk
33 minutes ago, Dukttapetoo said:

The album version is one of my least favorite Gaga songs. It sounds so generic

Ironically the haus labs version would be way more generic, its literally a generic sample sound on loop...

zerojk
17 minutes ago, Gay P said:

- Sine From Above did not need Elton at all

I don’t get why y’all keep saying this when the song was originally meant just for Elton :selena:

HausOfAntonio

Sour Candy is the single Gaga song with most replay value. Even thought its far from being my favourite on the album, I cant help but going back to listening to it again AT LEAST once :nooo:

19 minutes ago, zerojk said:

I don’t get why y’all keep saying this when the song was originally meant just for Elton :selena:

Cause he has such a gruff voice compared to Gaga that I feel like clashes with her voice more than it does complement it. That’s just my opinion though. I was also on mushrooms the first time I heard the album so this sentiment has not faded after almost a month.

Zachary Jude

Idk how "unpopular" this opinion is, but Stupid Love should NOT have been the lead single. After hearing the rest of the album, I don't think it should have been a single at all -- maybe as a promo single, but nothing further than that.

I think Alice should have been the lead single, and have the music video include Chromatica I and then continue into Alice. 

Think it's a wound I still entertain...

Zachary Jude
1 hour ago, Gay P said:

Plastic Doll is one of her best songs, y’all just don’t like it cause it’s low key directed at us!

PREACH IT 

Think it's a wound I still entertain...

JudasJustDance
13 hours ago, Franch Toast said:

I don't really care for the production on the album

I like the album overall, but when I listen to the tracks separate from the album, most of them feel lackluster and like they're missing something. However, when I listen to the album as one unit, I like it a lot. In other words, the sum of the whole is greater than any of the individual parts. . 

Sort of this ^:vegas:

listening separately doesn’t amass to the experience that is Chromatica. 

(But I don’t think the songs separately are lack luster, Babylon, enigma, rom, ft, 911 are the most fulfilling to me)

Rat Boy
5 hours ago, GagaUnderYou said:

Babylon is the worst song on the album 

The OP is asking for unpopular opinions, not wrong opinions. 

"dont trust this crooked manipulative rat!" - @NichuuB

Gracious Gaga

honestly the album sounds very dated and unimpressive.

the only good songs are Alice, rain on me, 911, and replay.  most of the other songs failed to really impress me.

Elton John and blackpink both ruined the songs they're on, also. 

♥ Kindness Police.

hieronymus
3 hours ago, zerojk said:

Ironically the haus labs version would be way more generic, its literally a generic sample sound on loop...

No, samples aren't inherently generic. Would you call Judas generic? The iconic baseline in that is just as much of a sample.

Archived