Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

Hot 100 (June 27) mid-week prediction

Yxilon

Featured Posts

6 minutes ago, HausOfAntonio said:

Imagine resorting to offending someone when you’re trying to have a discussion :saladga:

The point is that your ethnicity doesn’t matter when the colour of your skin dictates how others view and treat you in society. 

1. If you're offended then that's on you. 

2. I'm too proud of my ethnicity to care what people think I am and if they don't then I educate them. Moreover, that's not what this discussion is about. It's about you calling someone white because of the color of their skin when he's clearly not a white man and has never claimed to be. And that statement says a lot about who you are as a person and not a mentality I would ever encourage or respect.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HausOfAntonio
30 minutes ago, darkpaw said:

1. If you're offended then that's on you. 

2. I'm too proud of my ethnicity to care what people think I am and if they don't then I educate them. Moreover, that's not what this discussion is about. It's about you calling someone white because of the color of their skin when he's clearly not a white man and has never claimed to be. And that statement says a lot about who you are as a person and not a mentality I would ever encourage or respect.

You’re denying colourism. Thats problematic and it would say a lot about you too, but I’m not here trying to paint someone as a villain or racist based on an internet discussion like you are. I don’t encourage or respect that either. 

No one is saying ethnicity shouldn’t matter or doesn’t imply social suffering. Just don’t pretend someone doesn’t benefit from looking white, no matter what ethnicity they are, claim to be, or wish they were. 

Also, don’t pretend to know the first thing about me as a person. Especially when throughout the course of this argument I haven’t done that ONCE. Its immature and not a good look. It undermines everything you’re trying to say.

As for calling him “white,” I’m comfortable enough to take that back and apologise because I said it not knowing the first thing about him. It doesn’t change that fact that the entire problem to begin with was him benefitting from have light skin. 

I think we really need to stop arguing about a literal pedophile and sex offender. His appearance does little to change that fact. 

33 minutes ago, HausOfAntonio said:

You’re denying colourism. Thats problematic and it would say a lot about you too, but I’m not here trying to paint someone as a villain or racist based on an internet discussion like you are. I don’t encourage or respect that either. 

No one is saying ethnicity shouldn’t matter or doesn’t imply social suffering. Just don’t pretend someone doesn’t benefit from looking white, no matter what ethnicity they are, claim to be, or wish they were. 

Also, don’t pretend to know the first thing about me as a person. Especially when throughout the course of this argument I haven’t done that ONCE. Its immature and not a good look. It undermines everything you’re trying to say.

As for calling him “white,” I’m comfortable enough to take that back and apologise because I said it not knowing the first thing about him. It doesn’t change that fact that the entire problem to begin with was him benefitting from have light skin. 

I think we really need to stop arguing about a literal pedophile and sex offender. His appearance does little to change that fact. 

Never denied colorism nor did I try to make anyone a villain. I really don't care to know you as I now know more than I care to. And I won't be wasting anymore time or energy on you. Good day.

HausOfAntonio
9 minutes ago, darkpaw said:

Never denied colorism nor did I try to make anyone a villain. I really don't care to know you as I now know more than I care to. And I won't be wasting anymore time or energy on you. Good day.

Omg :billie:

JusKeepBreathin
4 hours ago, HausOfAntonio said:

Its not ignorance sis trust and believe :awkney:

Ignorance would be to assume that I’m ignorant because I’m aware of colourism. You really shouldn’t be trying it with this when I literally am part of said group. 

You may not be racist but to act like he hasn't been a victim of xenophobia in the U.S. or like xenophobia doesn't exist and just label him white make you pretty xenophobic.

I don't like him at all but sis. check yourself.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

HausOfAntonio
26 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

You may not be racist but to act like he hasn't been a victim of xenophobia in the U.S. or like xenophobia doesn't exist and just label him white make you pretty xenophobic.

I don't like him at all but sis. check yourself.

The debate was not about xenophobia at all. We never got into that, and the word wasn’t even mentioned. If that was the discussion it would have been completely different. I would NEVER deny that ethnicity doesn’t come with potentially extreme consequences for anyone especially in the US. If my words didn’t come across like I intended I apologise, but I know that my discourse is not xenophobic. 

Archived