news

Sour Candy Lyric Video

Gagz

Featured Posts

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
panosmonster

i heard it after work on a coffee shop. it's happening guys! another day, another top 10 billboard hit. the GP will love this BOP.

elijahfan

Currently trying to get into BLACKPINK's music... I can see it growing on me, though I low-key prefer former K-Pop band 2NE1 so far. Only comparing because I realized they're basically the brain children of the same people and BLACKPINK literally filled their spot.

TimisaMonster

Did anyone notice the "subscriber pop up" now asks if you want emails from Gaga AND Blackpink separately???

:oprah::wtfga::gum:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

On 6/18/2020 at 6:49 PM, elijahfan said:

Currently trying to get into BLACKPINK's music... I can see it growing on me, though I low-key prefer former K-Pop band 2NE1 so far. Only comparing because I realized they're basically the brain children of the same people and BLACKPINK literally filled their spot.

According to that YG bastard, they are a pretty version of 2ne1: "If you ask me to distinguish Blackpink from 2NE1, I want to say I did not try to make them different," Yang said. "If you ask me what differentiates them from other girl groups, I will say I did not form them with that in mind. I tried to make the YG version of a girl group like I did with 2NE1. But this time I wanted the girls to look pretty too, with skills."

http://m.koreatimes.co.kr/pages/article.amp.asp?newsIdx=211515

In the meantime, the 2ne1 former members are struggling to have a spot in the industry after YG let the media crush them back in 2015... it's just sad

NFRatwell

I just noticed it’s been uploaded on her streamin profiles. This is her first lyric video on them? 

I really like it....haven't seen other lyric videos out there like that. Regardless, it fed us for another few days at least

Sister

Yas I hope that we get an official music video next with Gaga and all of Blackpink. Next single?

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Chromatography
On 6/18/2020 at 11:49 AM, elijahfan said:

2ne1 was amazing 

also, f(x). their electric shock EP is everything 

Kahzandra
On 6/18/2020 at 12:49 PM, elijahfan said:

I was pondering this exact concept when I first noticed how huge BLACKPINK was getting in the west.  I couldn't help but wonder if their purpose is to basically fill the "void" that 2NE1 left. 

This is part of what's always bothered me about the K-Pop industry...which is more like a machine really.   Act after act is churned out of these factories until one of them randomly resonates with a global audience ...then they're discarded (forced out) just as quickly as soon as they have a "flop" or become a little long in the tooth.   There seems to be no implicit long-term loyalty with any of these groups, but it feels like the Korean music industry engineers it that way.  It will be interesting to see if anyone still cares about BLACKPINK in 2 years.  

Atleast with most other countries' music acts, they can have a tepid album or take a break, but there is always room for a comeback or a revival for their careers, even years later.  

I'm also always amused at how similar and confusing alot of the names of these K-pop groups are.  I swear there are like 3 other girl groups with the word "pink" in their name.  

elijahfan
18 minutes ago, Kahzandra said:

I was pondering this exact concept when I first noticed how huge BLACKPINK was getting in the west.  I couldn't help but wonder if their purpose is to basically fill the "void" that 2NE1 left. 

This is part of what's always bothered me about the K-Pop industry...which is more like a machine really.   Act after act is churned out of these factories until one of them randomly resonates with a global audience ...then they're discarded (forced out) just as quickly as soon as they have a "flop" or become a little long in the tooth.   There seems to be no implicit long-term loyalty with any of these groups, but it feels like the Korean music industry engineers it that way.  It will be interesting to see if anyone still cares about BLACKPINK in 2 years.

Right, it's pretty scary when you look into it... These girls are basically just interchangeable vessels for the same songwriters, producers, mainly men. The K-Pop world is also known for its artists' suicide rate, unfortunately. The overwork, plastic surgeries, control over private relationships... Now that the West is taking more and more notice, I hope this is gonna blow into a huge scandal someday and help change things and hopefully give Korean artists more independence and freedom.

Archived