⛈ RAIN ON ME OUT NOW ⛈

Sign in to follow this  
news

Billboard 200: Chromatica #2 with 64k

EthelDee

Some of y'all wouldn't have been able to handle the Born this way drop. It broke records for the largest drop at the time. And then ARTPOP almost broke those records.

Gaga's albums are always front loaded. Yeah, it sucks she missed the #1 spot by less than a thousand copies. But #2 is still very respectable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

M Monstre

Little f*ckers back at it again with their complaining, whiny asses :smh: 

Stream Chromatica :vegas: 

• Like 5
  • YAAAS 1

Sepsami
1 minute ago, EthelDee said:

Some of y'all wouldn't have been able to handle the Born this way drop. It broke records for the largest drop at the time. And then ARTPOP almost broke those records.

Gaga's albums are always front loaded. Yeah, it sucks she missed the #1 spot by less than a thousand copies. But #2 is still very respectable.

They're too dumb to realise this :interestinga:

Admin
1 minute ago, EthelDee said:

To add to your post, why wouldn't an album by an artist with an established fan base be front-loaded? Fans buy albums when they come out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 9

xoxo Craig

End Racism Now
  • Like 2
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 6

Enomis

No. 2 is great, but the number of sold units... :toofunny:

Well, hopefully, she'll do some promo... Whenever it's possible:laughga:

• Sad 1

Sepsami
Just now, Admin said:

To add to your post, why wouldn't an album by an artist with an established fan base be front-loaded? Fans buy albums when they come out.

So naturally 2nd week drop is huge since the massive fanbase already bought their copy. 

Fanta
3 minutes ago, EthelDee said:

The gag is I’ve been there since The Fame. I’ve witnessed it all and seen it all and still supported. I made myself very clear that the issue is the lack of promo and lazy fanbase.

Y’all should avoid Twitter all together if my little comment ruffled your feathers lol.

• Like 1

JRCF29
28 minutes ago, Leoj305 said:

Dua Lipa, the so called “it” girl did 66k week 1. 

we almost did her peak numbers of her career on week 2. 

also the fame never went #1 on that chart. 

I think you know this one isn't fair seeing as though the album leaked out a week in advance... But it is still a very solid second week

Don't Call Me Gaga

Sepsami
Just now, Fanta said:

The gag is I’ve been there since The Fame. I’ve witnessed it all and seen it all and still supported. I made myself very clear that the issue is the lack of promo and lazy fanbase.

Y’all should avoid Twitter all together if my little comment ruffled your feathers lol.

"Supported" she says :billie: I think Gaga would be better off without your support. :ohwell:

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 3

EthelDee
1 minute ago, Fanta said:

I generally avoid twitter. A bunch of grown adults pitting fabulous women against each other is gross.

• Thanks 1

Fanta
Just now, Sepsami said:

"Supported" she says :billie: I think Gaga would be better off without your support. :ohwell:

Cry me a river (and stream Chromatica) :vegas:

• Like 1

GagaEnigma

Some of y'all are too ungrateful. We have the #1 and #1 single, not to mention that the album is exceptional :interestinga:

And stream Chromatica :sis:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 9

freebit

Not a bad drop considering it was forecasted last week to do much worse & serve a BTW-esque drop. Semi-frustrating that she was just 1K away from Lil' Baby, but she only went back into album campaign mode on Thursday night, the last few hours of the tracking week. She's already scored great numbers, so I'm pretty satisfied for her. However, I hope this kind of lights a fire for her team so we finally get an album listening party because I'd really love to hear her talk more about the songs. I just kind of miss hearing from her in regards to her music and creativity (though I understand why she's been quiet and only posts about current events lately). 

• Like 2

JRCF29
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Enomis said:

No. 2 is great, but the number of sold units... :toofunny:

Well, hopefully, she'll do some promo... Whenever it's possible:laughga:

The number of sold units is actually pretty high for a second week. For comparison, here's the last few No. 1 album debut second week sales

Wunna (Gunna)49,000

High Off Life (Future)61,000

Good Intentions (Nav)35,000

And these are all hip-hop albums, a genre which is notorious for streaming power while Gaga has historically, well, not been. 

Our physical sales this week also amount to about six or seven times the rest of the top 10 combined, so she's doing just fine. This era continues to deliver wins for her and I'm so proud

Edited by JRCF29
Don't Call Me Gaga
  • Like 3
  • YAAAS 2
  • Shook 1
  • Thanks 2