Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Metal Band, Tool, Cancel NA Tour To Enable Fans To Get Full Refunds

RAMROD

Featured Posts

RAMROD

ToolFeatImage-591x409.jpg

Tool have made the decision to cancel their North American tour rather than postpone the dates to enable fans to get full refunds.

Tool say in a statement: “As so many music lovers have come to realise over the last several weeks, there is no playbook that artists, promoters and venues can pull from in these unprecedented times.

“When we played what would be our final show of 2020 on March 11 at Portland’s Moda Center, we believed we would be back on the road sometime this Fall. As we worked towards that goal we’ve come to realise that there is absolutely no certainty in re-scheduling dates for this Fall or 2021. 

State and local ordinances vary widely and no one can predict when high capacity events will safely return. At the same time that we were working to reschedule this tour, we read your messages. Messages of job losses, illness, emotional and financial pain. 

“We could continue to postpone or reschedule dates for some time into 2021 but ethically, we do not think this is the right course of action.”

Tool add: “In our opinion, tying up our fans’ money for months, if not a full year, is unfair. With that in mind, we have made the very difficult decision to cancel the tour so we can help support the people who have supported us for years.

Please know, we want nothing more than to return to the road, to play these songs for you and to celebrate our shared recovery. When the time is right, we will do just that.

“In the coming days you will receive an email from the ticketing service you purchased tickets through notifying you of the event cancellation and when to expect your refund.”

Source:

https://www.loudersound.com/amp/news/tool-cancel-tour-to-enable-fans-to-get-full-refunds?__twitter_impression=true

A thing of legend done by legendary metal band :applause:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

RAMROD
Just now, Brecht said:

Little monsters can't relate :selena:

Hope our misery will be resolved soon. :diane:

NewUsername

The intention behind it is good, but you could postpone AND offer the possibility of a refund? And if Ticketmaster is being stubborn, exert pressure -> I really hope Gaga does this instead of cancel. Postpone and offer the possibility of a refund -> everybody happy.

Shadow

Very professional! :applause:

I adore Tool and wish I could see them soon, but I'm glad they did this.

Silence those demons... . 🖤

RAMROD
11 minutes ago, NewUsername said:

exert pressure 

We can fix things without making any sides feel offended. This is business and we would want our business partner to be as welcoming when working with the artist again in the future.

Another point, that been mentioned by the band themselves is;  nothing is certain right now, nobody know when people can actually tours again, and if audience will feel safe enough to go out. Which make cancellation is the best way for now.

Sherry

Gaga could never :selena:

Love it when you call me legs, in the morning buy me eggs 🥚

Shadow
1 minute ago, RAMROD said:

We can fix things without making any sides feel offended. This is business and we would want our business partner to be as welcoming when working with the artist again in the future.

Another point, that been mentioned by the band themselves is;  nothing is certain right now, nobody know when people can actually tours again, and if audience will feel safe enough to go out. Which make cancellation is the best way for now.

It is a measure of good faith to be good like this for the fans, the demand and respect will be high when tours and public events can be done without risk once the pandemic is better controlled with enough vaccines and herd immunity. 

Silence those demons... . 🖤

NewUsername
5 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

You can still exert pressure without exerting too much.

I don't care if Gaga tours in 2021 or 2022, as long as it's confirmed to be rescheduled, she can keep my money and I'm sure a lot of other fans think the same way. Offer refunds for those that need the money now.

Archived