Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Thoughts on a Chromatica EP

bitchimtrying

Featured Posts

whore
23 minutes ago, Born in Chromatica said:

Would be cool, but I feel a Chromatica Act 2 is as likely to be released as ARTPOP Act 2.

Idk... she seems to be delivering everything we want with this era: She already brought back Gagavision, the tour is a “Ball,” the album is a dance pop album, the visuals are possibly her best, an entire era of pink hair, another #1 hit, variety of good merchandise, proving that she can raise her streaming numbers, #1 album, quality music videos, what would have been promotion comparable to BTW had the epidemic not got in the way, and probably more things I can’t think of. Releasing a second “act” would truly fulfill everything, and it seems highly likely. The producers keep mentioning how the original “Babylon” will be released, and the SOPHIE collaborations are confirmed to still be in the works for finalizing, something all of the fans have been begging for. I think she came to deliver for all the little complainers and that’s why we call her mother :vegas:

Terrence

It’s gonna be called:

Queen, You’ve Arrived to Chromatica, constantly raising the bar for all of us , and you’ve done it flawlessly. I know who You Are.

ToxicHot
2 hours ago, ToxicHot said:

I’d love her to do a deluxe edition/expanded edition. Don’t know how likely that would be BUT it would be a GREAT way to revive the era, espeically for the tour.

@Salvador Sequea why the “sad” reaction? :billie:

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

Salvador Sequea
1 hour ago, ToxicHot said:

@Salvador Sequea why the “sad” reaction? :billie:

Because "deluxe/expanded" re-releases feel like they're laughing in the face of the fans that rushed to buy the regular album in the first place. Just release it all ar once and we get to decide which one to buy, don't make people pay for literally the same album plus 3 or 4 more songs. It's a joke.

Even if it's for streaming users "only", it doesn't make any sense either :shrug:

ToxicHot
47 minutes ago, Salvador Sequea said:

Because "deluxe/expanded" re-releases feel like they're laughing in the face of the fans that rushed to buy the regular album in the first place. Just release it all ar once and we get to decide which one to buy, don't make people pay for literally the same album plus 3 or 4 more songs. It's a joke.

Even if it's for streaming users "only", it doesn't make any sense either :shrug:

But what about The Fame Monster? It’s essentially this exact thing, but it was also released as a seperate EP. (I was kinda alluding to that, but I never explicitly mentioned “EP” in the first post)

I somewhat agree though. If an artist releases a deluxe/expanded version I would just buy the songs individually, not the entire album. I’ve done this before and truthfully (unless it’s a physical copy) I don’t care to own an album twice. Also, I’m not made of money.

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

GregJA

Def Chromalude 

but I feel like (from what’s been said) there probably won’t be an EP but more of just extra songs released or instrumentals released - like Haus labs Babylon - which needs to come now -) 

Mr. No Award Winner 2020

1 hour ago, Salvador Sequea said:

Considering fans like to buy multiple copies (I have four physical CDs AND the vinyls), spend an insane amount on overpriced merch, tour tickets, etc, I don't think they feel like a deluxe or expanded edition is a "slap in the face". 

That's a tad dramatic, especially considering majority of this thread is excited for it. 

• 3 weeks later...
erotic4

Chromatica B-sides & Remixes or Chromatica Side B, you know, something simple, just for fans, no charts to worry. Tame Impala always do that for their albums. It's cute and fans get happy.

https://open.spotify.com/album/04uXkrNhFJ1iWEo88MGPva?si=s3JslLKeQCmVtxs7vswYvQ

https://open.spotify.com/album/59P1jE5PoltfBZCYcyvbOm?si=dp3xz-DgTj6n2gNINva14Q

https://open.spotify.com/album/6BVGmeEAi8RRI0eBENKDdM?si=HDit2_7BSq6AtJh1_lMFBg

https://www.last.fm/pt/user/erotic4

MonsterofFame

At the minimum, she's going to have to release a "Deluxe" edition with at least 2 single-worthy songs to get the interest and hype for the tour back. Gaga fans already bought tickets so the appeal needs to be to the casual fans/GP and radio/streaming singles are the only way to do that.

I don't think she will release a new album because it seems that most of the creative work/vision for Chromatica was completed.

Taylor and The Weeknd are in the same situation.. very curious how they will handle it.

Archived