Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
sales

Worldwide sales of Lady Gaga's albums in their first week

KennyRichie

Featured Posts

lolitamuse
1 minute ago, Hurem said:

It was less than half.

Just saw it was 440k. Still, an insane amount.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TortureMeOnReplay
20 hours ago, JRCF29 said:

No.2? What on Earth was No.1? The Killers?:ladyhaha:

"Deep Down Happy" by Team Sport :billie:

35 minutes ago, God Control said:

That’s true, but Lemonade is a far more cohesive era with its own visual album and state of the art production and tour, and this is coming from someone who adores ARTPOP. I wish Gaga or even Madonna does something as cohesive as Lemonade or Beyoncé.

I disagree about ARTPOP not being cohesive. Thematically it was very cohesive, I explained it in another thread but it's not something everyone would get.

I was talking about perception of ARTPOP being a flop, when an album that did worse commercially in the same timeframe is seen as a commercial success.

The state of the promo has nothing to do with the quality of the music, which the user I quoted said was substandard, which is down to preference, but before Troy left nobody thought ARTPOP was a flop.

God Control
49 minutes ago, lolitamuse said:

Amazon Music had the entire BTW album for $0.99 the day of its release, and they promo'd it really hard. I remember because I bought it :oops: They were trying to get into the streaming & music space more at that time, since they were not as popular.

That 99 cent sale accounted about half of those sales, I think. I remember there was a lot of outrage over not counting the sales because other artists saw it as an unfair advantage. But, it was entirely Amazon's decision & they footed the bill for the rest of the album's actual price to Interscope. It wasn't Gaga's decision, so the sales counted. 

Edit: Billboard did end up changing the rules AFTER though. Gaga ha impact https://www.idolator.com/6081992/billboard-changes-rules-thanks-to-lady-gagas-born-this-way-99-cent-sale?chrome=1

Talk about genius marketing. Damn..

Archived