💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
sales

Worldwide sales of Lady Gaga's albums in their first week

KennyRichie

Featured Posts

17 minutes ago, MISTER GEEMATICA said:

ARTPOP may have outsold Chromatica in week 1 but ARTPOP didn’t go anywhere after Applause soooo....Chromatica is doing decently for not having much promo in the midst of nonstop global chaos.

ARTPOP sold in 2 months what Lemonade sold in almost a year.

Released in November 2013, it was ninth best selling album of the year ww with 2.3m.

Lemonade was released in april and sold 2.5m worldwide at year end.

Except one is seen as a huge success.... not the right one.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
KevinWright
5 minutes ago, KennyRichie said:

me neither:ladyhaha: 

He is a member from EXO (Korean boyband) i think. They are pretty popular. 

KevinWright

Hope 'Chromatica' will be at #1 next week.

Unless another Korean boyband member release a solo EP :triggered:

n1kos

Actually ARTPOP's first week was 610k (558k+ 58k from Japan) 

ARTPOP's release in Japan was one week before the main release! 

I will fly on a challenger across the sky like a phoenix..

Quartz

#2? She's OVER. Go back to your planet, Flopmatica!

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

ladygagafan1234
9 hours ago, KennyRichie said:

Baekhyun
Delight EP

Dreamus / Sony Music Entertainment - 1 week at No.1
712.000 equivalent sales this week / 712.000 totally

Not someone I don't know outselling Gaga :smh:

RedOneKonvictGaga
19 hours ago, KennyRichie said:

Baekhyun
Delight EP

Dreamus / Sony Music Entertainment - 1 week at No.1
712.000 equivalent sales this week / 712.000 totally

Who? :what:

How dare they beat Miss Gaga

God Control

The way Born This Way sold 1.9m in just one week after a 318,000 for TFM and a 550,000 with the following album ARTPOP. Just wow... what the hell did they do right at the start of BTW that caused all this hype and what went wrong during and after the era for such a huge drop? Also, how dare they say ARTPOP is a flop when it’s her second best selling album?

God Control
19 hours ago, KORG said:

ARTPOP sold in 2 months what Lemonade sold in almost a year.

Released in November 2013, it was ninth best selling album of the year ww with 2.3m.

Lemonade was released in april and sold 2.5m worldwide at year end.

Except one is seen as a huge success.... not the right one.

That’s true, but Lemonade is a far more cohesive era with its own visual album and state of the art production and tour, and this is coming from someone who adores ARTPOP. I wish Gaga or even Madonna does something as cohesive as Lemonade or Beyoncé.

Hurem
Just now, God Control said:

The way Born This Way sold 1.9m in just one week after a 318,000 for TFM and a 550,000 with the following album ARTPOP. Just wow... what the hell did they do right at the start of BTW that caused all this hype and what went wrong during and after the era for such a huge drop? Also, how dare they say ARTPOP is a flop when it’s her second best selling album?

Born This Way was her first album release after her peak. If you didn’t stan her during TF/TFM days, there’s no words to explain how big and relevant she was. I mean, the fact that BTW sold almost 2M in its first week speaks for itself.

God Control
1 minute ago, Hurem said:

Born This Way was her first album release after her peak. If you didn’t stan her during TF/TFM days, there’s no words to explain how big and relevant she was. I mean, the fact that BTW sold almost 2M in its first week speaks for itself.

Yeah I was a fan since TFM and it’s true that no words can describe how big she was then, but it’s like what made that era the peak? I mean going back to it now, BTW and TFM are her best works, yes but most of BTW songs didn’t age that well for me. Like what is it that she did right that caused that spike and can it be done again?

Hurem
13 minutes ago, God Control said:

Yeah I was a fan since TFM and it’s true that no words can describe how big she was then, but it’s like what made that era the peak? I mean going back to it now, BTW and TFM are her best works, yes but most of BTW songs didn’t age that well for me. Like what is it that she did right that caused that spike and can it be done again?

She literally changed the music industry. She made fashion important again, artists started caring about MVs again. Everyone wanted to be Gaga, she was the it girl.

lolitamuse
19 minutes ago, God Control said:

That’s true, but Lemonade is a far more cohesive era with its own visual album and state of the art production and tour, and this is coming from someone who adores ARTPOP. I wish Gaga or even Madonna does something as cohesive as Lemonade or Beyoncé.

Amazon Music had the entire BTW album for $0.99 the day of its release, and they promo'd it really hard. I remember because I bought it :oops: They were trying to get into the streaming & music space more at that time, since they were not as popular.

That 99 cent sale accounted about half of those sales, I think. I remember there was a lot of outrage over not counting the sales because other artists saw it as an unfair advantage. But, it was entirely Amazon's decision & they footed the bill for the rest of the album's actual price to Interscope. It wasn't Gaga's decision, so the sales counted. 

Edit: Billboard did end up changing the rules AFTER though. Gaga ha impact https://www.idolator.com/6081992/billboard-changes-rules-thanks-to-lady-gagas-born-this-way-99-cent-sale?chrome=1

Hurem
Just now, lolitamuse said:

That 99 cent sale accounted about half of those sales, I think.

It was less than half.

Archived