Sony reveals the Playstation 5

StarstruckIllusion

Featured Posts

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
geusst1235
1 hour ago, justhislife said:

Aren't loading speeds supposed to be 100x faster?

Yep, loading times will actually be nonexistent altogether. The PS5's SSD in particular will basically change the way games (their exclusives most of all) are structured overall. The overwhelmingly majority of long hallways, obstacles you had to climb over, tight crevices you walked through,etc were employed to give the system enough time to load the next area of the map. That kind of level design simply won't be needed anymore, and is among a plethora of other benefits such as not needing to replicate the same assets (a car model or a lamppost) hundreds of times within the world. It will basically open the door for much, much more detailed environments and variety, which will make open world games in particular increasingly rich/varied. Another advantage of the SSD is the likelyhood of games actually becoming smaller in terms of storage space since the assets don't have to be replicated hundreds of times over, which is a process that takes up multiple quite a bit of space.

Galactic Mess

Sleek design. Loved it. Besides, PS always has the best exclusives :vegas:

TortureMeOnReplay
7 minutes ago, WholesomeOOf said:

Yep, loading times will actually be nonexistent altogether. The PS5's SSD in particular will basically change the way games (their exclusives most of all) are structured and made overall. The overwhelmingly majority of long hallways, obstacles you had to climb over, tight crevices you walked through,etc were employed to give the system time to load the next area of the map. That kind of level design won't be needed anymore, among a plethora of other benefits such as not needing to replicate the same assets (a car model or a lamppost) hundreds of times within the world. It will basically open the door for much, much more detail and variety throughout every single aspect of open world games in particular. Another advantage of this is the likelyhood of games actually becoming smaller since the assets don't have to be replicated hundreds of times over, which is a process that takes up multiple GBs of space.

See these things sound amazing, but I've seen game commentators say that consoles almost always claim things like this and then game developers take advantage of the new specs so much loading screens will be required to load up all new additions. 

Born This Way

Lit rally only RE8 and Horizon were interesting. I'm sick of these time loop gimmick games already. And that lesbian dinosaur game looked embarrassing. :billie:

Reset my mind's IP, delete what I don't need

Reality

The new Spider-Man game looks exciting! I haven’t played Spider-Man PS4 yet, but I really want to. 

🃏🖤👹

geusst1235
17 minutes ago, justhislife said:

See these things sound amazing, but I've seen game commentators say that consoles almost always claim things like this and then game developers take advantage of the new specs so much loading screens will be required to load up all new additions. 

Sure, but multiple developers in the industry (that do not have ties to Sony oof) have stated that the SSD is practically a game changer for level design. We've also already seen some of these advantages in effect here,

Here is a video that goes into detail about why the SSD is so unique and important.

Also just to pose a comparison, here is the original Unreal Engine Demo for the PS4. I'd say that they have definitely achieved what they teased here, and wayyyyyy more.

TortureMeOnReplay
12 minutes ago, WholesomeOOf said:

Sure, but multiple developers in the industry (that do not have ties to Sony oof) have stated that the SSD is practically a game changer for level design. We've also already seen some of these advantages in effect here,

Here is a video that goes into detail about why the SSD is so unique and important.

Also just to pose a comparison, here is the original Unreal Engine Demo for the PS4. I'd say that they have definitely achieved what they teased here, and wayyyyyy more.

Damn, thanks for all the resources! I appreciate it. 

2 minutes ago, Logan said:

Buying for Horizon 

I have a perfectly capable PC and I actually prefer the Xbox controller, but I might eventually cave because of Horizon :bradley:

bloody g
2 hours ago, justhislife said:

Aren't loading speeds supposed to be 100x faster?

i mean it's performance will be better, although most games do not have loading times anyways so it will basically be a graphic enhancement

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

buzzkill

its looks like something coming straight out of the Prometheus horrible movie. :sis:

bloody g
51 minutes ago, WholesomeOOf said:

Another advantage of the SSD is the likelyhood of games actually becoming smaller in terms of storage space since the assets don't have to be replicated hundreds of times over, which is a process that takes up multiple quite a bit of space.

this is false, an asset exists only once and it is instanced many times. also, the instancing is created on runtime, so it only affects the performance. furthermore with today's technology it is barely noticeable unless you're playing in a phone or a nintendo

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

RAMROD

the console is so big :lmao:

It better not dissapoint.

I am concerned  with how many white parts are on it. Y'all know white will turn yellowish overtimes, imagine how ugly it will look after some time passed. :diane:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Archived