💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

J.K. Rowling defends speaking out on trans issues

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

MelbHawker
25 minutes ago, Brecht said:

A man who wants to sexually assault a woman will not stop because “he’s a man and can’t go in the female bathroom”. A criminal is a criminal, he doesn’t need to pretend he’s a woman. That’s the most ****ing absurd argument I’ve ever heard.

I agree with you in that men will commit the crime either way, but I don't think it's a 'f*cking absurd' argument. Rowling wasn't really arguing that disallowing it would stop the sexual assault from occurring anyhow.

There has to be some sort of criteria one must pass to be able to use a bathroom if they're trans IMO. It sucks majorly that it has to be that way, it's not the trans persons fault. There's thousands of paedophiles, rapists and all round creepers out there that would no doubt use this to their advantage. I have little sisters, a mother and grandmothers - for their and women's safety (and that includes trans women), I think there needs to be a criteria that needs to be passed so that imposters are somewhat weeded out and this can be as safe as possible for all women. Crucify me for having an opinion but I believe it's the safest way to go about ensuring this change in our society can be safe for all women. 

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have huge respect for her, she has the right to have her own opinion after doing her research. I don’t find anything she’s said to be hateful, people will need to look up the word “hate” as these days it is considered to mean “I don’t agree with you”. We live in a free world and if you don’t agree with someone don’t bash them, but start a respectful conversation. Educate people instead of cancelling them. If you can’t do that, maybe subconsciously you think they’re right.

alsemanche
24 minutes ago, AJRocketMan said:

Oh my God, YES!!!! She put it brilliantly!! “Woman” is not a costume and it’s not an idea inside a man’s head. The youth of today (including my own generation) are so troubled and it’s all thanks to the internet. My generation is so perverted and morally bankrupt.

There is no difference between sex and gender and they’re both just two different words for the exact same thing (like corn and maize, child and kid, cat and kitty, couch and sofa, naked and nude, tune and jam, bop and banger, car and automobile, etc.). In fact, many languages, if not most, don’t even have separate words for “sex” and “gender”. The idea that “gender is a social construct” is in itself a social construct and as a result we’re just creating new social constructs. 🙄 Get it together people!

Now if you excuse me, I’m going to go splurge on JK Rowling books. :ohwell:  I may delete my GGD account after this post since I know how toxic and delulu this community is.

lmao just say you're a transphobe and go sis. You're clearly ignorant and have no clue what you're talking about, so it's not surprising that you're kissing a TERF's ass. Hope you get a ban soon :hor:

Soft, soothing, and succulent

15 minutes ago, LadariousGarage said:

if you need some papers to read about Gender Dysphoria written by actual scientists I have plenty.

If u have any recommendations id be open to it

• Admin changed the title to J.K. Rowling defends speaking out on trans issues
RAMROD

This tweet is the last straw for me actually. not gonna deal with her nonsense anymore. The K in JK must be Karen because the Karen energy is to overwhelming with her last few years.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

ShayCristoforo

Why is it so hard for her to help cultivate a space for trans women?

Trans women can still be considered WOMEN without taking anything away from cis women.

For example, I am a gay black man. Ellen DeGeneres is a gay (lesbian) white woman.  
Different lived experiences, but we are both still GAY.

Just give it up, m'am. Give. it. up.

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

MelbHawker
28 minutes ago, AJRocketMan said:

Oh my God, YES!!!! She put it brilliantly!! “Woman” is not a costume and it’s not an idea inside a man’s head. The youth of today (including my own generation) are so troubled and it’s all thanks to the internet. My generation is so perverted and morally bankrupt.

There is no difference between sex and gender and they’re both just two different words for the exact same thing (like corn and maize, child and kid, cat and kitty, couch and sofa, naked and nude, tune and jam, bop and banger, car and automobile, etc.). In fact, many languages, if not most, don’t even have separate words for “sex” and “gender”. The idea that “gender is a social construct” is in itself a social construct and as a result we’re just creating new social constructs. 🙄 Get it together people!

Now if you excuse me, I’m going to go splurge on JK Rowling books. :ohwell:  I may delete my GGD account after this post since I know how toxic and delulu this community is.

:wtf:

Sex and Gender are medically and definitively very different from each other. You are so uneducated.. reducing trans people to 'troubled', 'perveted' etc. is so toxic and delusional. I cannot believe what I am reading.

Why can't someone transition genders if their soul wishes to? How is it wrong? How is it harming or affecting you? I hope one day you sit down and have a conversation with a trans person and gain some perspective.

LadariousGarage

Also she compared trans women to rapists and incels, but "oH No iM NoT tRaNsPhObIc"

Lets do it baby I know the Law

Franch Toast

As a cisgender woman, I welcome transwomen into women-only spaces. I think for some people, it must be easy to conjure up far-fetched ideas about people if they don't actually know their stories, because I can't imagine dehumanizing people from a certain group if you actually know someone from that group. 

I have a friend who before she'd had her gender confirmation surgery, and possibly even before she'd started taking hormones, expressed how much it meant to her that a cisgender woman invited her to use a public bathroom with her (don't get any funny ideas people, I'm talking about how girls sometimes use the bathroom in groups). When she posted about that on FB, it made me realize how much significance such a tiny act could have, and it made me very sad – sad to think that things could've gone the other way if her friend had recoiled in horror at the thought of her using the women's restroom, sad to think she felt she needed anyone's approval. 

The last thing we need is people policing who can use public bathrooms. All that does is become an excuse for people to enact violence on people who they think are entering the "wrong" restroom. In the U.S. at least, women's bathrooms are somewhat private anyway as we have stalls, unlike urinals that are out in the open, so what does it really matter?  (By which I mean, why should cis women care who's peeing in the stall next to them?)

I believe that JK Rowling is well-intentioned (maybe I'm naïve here), but I don't think she's looking at the full picture. She claims to know transpeople, but I'm starting to doubt how well she knows them. Is this like someone saying "I can't be racist because I have a black friend"? If she truly had trans friends, I can't believe that she would say such things. I don't know why she keeps inserting her foot into her mouth and doesn't just leave the topic alone. 

For former fans of hers who feel hurt by her rhetoric, please know she doesn't speak for all cisgender women. 

She/Her/Hers

RahrahWitch
38 minutes ago, AJRocketMan said:

Care to back up your claims with scientific evidence? because there's a whole lot to prove otherwise.

Male and female brains are structured and function differently, There's been studies where a Trans persons brain more closely resembles that of their preferred sex rather then that they were born as (Your sex and gender develop separately in the womb). Too boil down a Trans person struggles to a man being "Perverted" for wanting to be a woman is downright disgusting.

As for Sex and Gender, there's a lot more to it that you think. Here's a link that will explain to you all the differences. The Human body and brain are incredibly complicated things.

https://www.healthline.com/health/sex-vs-gender

MJHolland
21 minutes ago, Oriane said:

I don't know, it must not be so hard to find out whether someone is actually claiming to be which gender they say they are outside of the bathroom.

Yes, sure, my only goal is to discriminate trans people, I'm not basing this on the experience of mixed-gender bathrooms (which thankfully, are often left open/in plain view).

Edit : But for real, if you're serious about identifying/wanting to transition into another gender anyway, I'm sure there's a lot of proof/paperwork/things you've already implemented into your life, whether it's physical, behavioral, telling people etc. If it's something you've kept to yourself, I don't think going to the other bathroom will be the first step you take into being ready to let people know you identify into another gender.

Honestly don't know what point you're making other than playing gender police but pop off cis waist our time

LaLa
6 minutes ago, Oriane said:

Yes but what she said is that anybody, without paperwork or anything, can go into a bathroom simply by stating they identify as being transgender. Now I don't know if that's true or not, I guess it depends on the places and policies ?

But the thing is a man, right now, wearing jeans and a tshirt could walk into any bathroom he wants and hide in a stall and assault someone. A man looking to assault someone doesn't need to fake being trans to do it.

Do you really think there should be someone standing outside the door of every public bathroom in every restaurant, library, mall, etc checking... what exactly? Someone's genitalia? Besides being absurdly invasive, that very often doesn't match their gender. Their ID? Because governments are often very slow (or outright refuse) to update someone's paperwork.  And do you really want to have to justify yourself to some minimum wage employee every time you need to use the bathroom in public?

There isn't some huge crime wave of men putting on a dress to sneak into bathrooms. It's just an excuse transphobes use to get all up in arms. If anything, trans folks are much more likely to be assaulted, and we need to be looking out for THEIR safety. 

17 minutes ago, TED said:

I have huge respect for her, she has the right to have her own opinion after doing her research. I don’t find anything she’s said to be hateful, people will need to look up the word “hate” as these days it is considered to mean “I don’t agree with you”. We live in a free world and if you don’t agree with someone don’t bash them, but start a respectful conversation. Educate people instead of cancelling them. If you can’t do that, maybe subconsciously you think they’re right.

Living in a free world means you get to bash people and criticize them. I dont think you understand what a free world means. Its not against freedom of speech to criticize someone.

Mister Gaga

Some of you are just biased against JK. Did you read her essay? Where you willing to reflect over her argument, wheather you agree or not, or already knew that you'd disagree with it, even before reading it?

There's much truth here, and i'm glad she's not letting 'cancelled culture' affect her, and she's standing up for her voice, in the face of thousands ignorants who just scream TERF, bitch, i'm burning your books, etc.

Archived