Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

J.K. Rowling defends speaking out on trans issues

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

Guest WhoDoWeHaveHere
2 minutes ago, MJHolland said:

There's literally no nuance she literally says young girls want to come men through gender affirmation surgery because of AUTISM. 

She also cites a conspiracy that transgender identification might be a PANDEMIC in which you want to become trans because your entire social circle becomes trans. 

Meanwhile, trans people are literally hurting NOBODY! They're minding their own damn business and just trying to survive in a world that throwing overwhelming hate their way. 

She's transphobic as F*CK. WAKE UP. 

Not what she said. She said young girls with autism are over represented. with all statistics where something is significally over represented, one should look into it. is she speaking the truth? I don't know, she didn't claim her sources. But be sure. If she publishes misinformation like that, she well be torn to shreds in no time. So the fact check will come in the next days anyways. 

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AJRocketMan
4 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

Please do and never ever come back, we don't need this kind of bigotry here, thanks :bye:

Gladly.

living single goodbye GIF

papergangster
9 minutes ago, AJRocketMan said:

Oh my God, YES!!!! She put it brilliantly!! “Woman” is not a costume and it’s not an idea inside a man’s head. The youth of today (including my own generation) are so troubled and it’s all thanks to the internet. My generation is so perverted and morally bankrupt.

There is no difference between sex and gender and they’re both just two different words for the exact same thing (like corn and maize, child and kid, cat and kitty, couch and sofa, naked and nude, tune and jam, bop and banger, car and automobile, etc.). In fact, many languages, if not most, don’t even have separate words for “sex” and “gender”. The idea that “gender is a social construct” is in itself a social construct and as a result we’re just creating new social constructs. 🙄 Get it together people!

Now if you excuse me, I’m going to go splurge on JK Rowling books. :ohwell:  I may delete my GGD account after this post since I know how toxic and delulu this community is.

What a clown 🤡 

MJHolland
9 minutes ago, AJRocketMan said:

Oh my God, YES!!!! She put it brilliantly!! “Woman” is not a costume and it’s not an idea inside a man’s head. The youth of today (including my own generation) are so troubled and it’s all thanks to the internet. My generation is so perverted and morally bankrupt.

There is no difference between sex and gender and they’re both just two different words for the exact same thing (like corn and maize, child and kid, cat and kitty, couch and sofa, naked and nude, tune and jam, bop and banger, car and automobile, etc.). In fact, many languages, if not most, don’t even have separate words for “sex” and “gender”. The idea that “gender is a social construct” is in itself a social construct and as a result we’re just creating new social constructs. 🙄 Get it together people!

Now if you excuse me, I’m going to go splurge on JK Rowling books. :ohwell:  I may delete my GGD account after this post since I know how toxic and delulu this community is.

You should delete your account. You are a hateful person and you have no business being here. Bye bye!

Agunimon

It’s ironic some of you hold such hatred for her for her ignorance on the sensitivity of this issue and the affect her words has on the trans community being such a pivotal influence on their lives. It’s also clear some of you didn’t even read this. 

Monster647
2 minutes ago, WhoDoWeHaveHere said:

I don't take it as the truth either. But as you say it doesn't SEEM realistic to you. Doesn't SEEM realistic to me either. But it's a start for more research on my part. Because IF she speaks the truth here it's information that should be considered.  And that is what I was pointing to. 

I don't have any opposition whatsoever to the bolded & underlined section, anyone who proposes their ideas in a respectful manner deserves the same respect and consideration in return.

That of course doesn't mean that they're right as I think about JK Rowling in this instance but I don't like the cancelling culture towards anyone and anything that does not come as sympathetic to some identity intersection of the general public. 

No men will bother doing paperwork just to go women's bathroom thats ridiculous

"So I want trans women to be safe. At the same time, I do not want to make natal girls and women less safe. When you throw open the doors of bathrooms and changing rooms to any man who believes or feels he’s a woman – and, as I’ve said, gender confirmation certificates may now be granted without any need for surgery or hormones – then you open the door to any and all men who wish to come inside. That is the simple truth."

LadariousGarage
6 minutes ago, AJRocketMan said:

Read something about Gender Dysphoria

and as a trans woman, this is super hurtful and out of touch, we literally are trying to take a f*cking sh*t oh my god, and where is the outrage when a trans man goes into the mens bathroom? not saying they shouldn't be allowed to but y'all ONLY focus on trans women. Trans women are not men trying to intrude on womens spaces, nor are we predators, we have a mental illness called Gender Dysphoria, which is a disconnect between gender identity and biological sex. 

Sex is your organs, what you are born as, gender is your identity, that is one of the most stupid arguments ever, there is scientific evidence to debunk EVERYTHING you just said

if you need some papers to read about Gender Dysphoria written by actual scientists I have plenty.

Lets do it baby I know the Law

Whtvrman
19 minutes ago, WhoDoWeHaveHere said:

it's a nuanced read. she outlines her believes. she presents the research that lead to those believes. it's well done.
do we have to agree with her? no! this is where conversation starts. being willing to listen. and then give your view and maybe build better understanding on both sides. there is no voldemort nor harry in this story.

Ddgdq5zX0AAjbRg.jpg

41 minutes ago, MelbHawker said:

I agree with the point about public female bathrooms being open to any man who simply wants to go in. She's not wrong there.

That point was the weakest out of everything she said. Nobody will bother doing paperwork just to harass women in public bathrooms. They can do that either way 

Guest WhoDoWeHaveHere

Oh, and here a good watch for anyone interested in why I think conversation is key no matter how hard and demoralising it can be. I admire that man.

Oriane
12 minutes ago, MJHolland said:

Sooo you want gender police stationed outside of every bathroom to check thee "evidence"?

I really have no idea what you're trying to say. What evidence and "proof" are you looking for and who is checking it?

Ah, that's right, you have no point, you just want to discriminate against the LGBTQIA community because the burden of proof is unattainable and dehumanizing. 

I don't know, it must not be so hard to find out whether someone is actually claiming to be which gender they say they are outside of the bathroom.

Yes, sure, my only goal is to discriminate trans people, I'm not basing this on the experience of mixed-gender bathrooms (which thankfully, are often left open/in plain view).

Edit : But for real, if you're serious about identifying/wanting to transition into another gender anyway, I'm sure there's a lot of proof/paperwork/things you've already implemented into your life, whether it's physical, behavioral, telling people etc. If it's something you've kept to yourself, I don't think going to the other bathroom will be the first step you take into being ready to let people know you identify into another gender.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

LaLa

She is systematically dismantling her own legacy tweet by tweet and post by post. And for WHAT? For what? To spread hate and misinformation... this is the most important and urgent thing she can think to speak on today, in 2020. Shaking my damn head :eww:

20 minutes ago, AJRocketMan said:

The idea that “gender is a social construct” is in itself a social construct

If gender dysphoria exists then gender is real, if it was man-made like money, the brain wouldn't have an issue, that's what I'm confused about. But I still wonder what makes a woman and what makes a man other than the biological differences, there are areas of the brain that appear not to be sexually differentiated, that could be where the dysphoria stems but I'm not sure bcs hormones or testosterones seem to really affect how the brain works. 

Oriane
7 minutes ago, KanyeWest said:

That point was the weakest out of everything she said. Nobody will bother doing paperwork just to harass women in public bathrooms. They can do that either way 

Yes but what she said is that anybody, without paperwork or anything, can go into a bathroom simply by stating they identify as being transgender. Now I don't know if that's true or not, I guess it depends on the places and policies ?

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

• Admin changed the title to J.K. Rowling defends speaking out on trans issues

Archived