Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

J.K. Rowling defends speaking out on trans issues

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

AJRocketMan

Oh my God, YES!!!! She put it brilliantly!! “Woman” is not a costume and it’s not an idea inside a man’s head. The youth of today (including my own generation) are so troubled and it’s all thanks to the internet. My generation is so perverted and morally bankrupt.

There is no difference between sex and gender and they’re both just two different words for the exact same thing (like corn and maize, child and kid, cat and kitty, couch and sofa, naked and nude, tune and jam, bop and banger, car and automobile, etc.). In fact, many languages, if not most, don’t even have separate words for “sex” and “gender”. The idea that “gender is a social construct” is in itself a social construct and as a result we’re just creating new social constructs. 🙄 Get it together people!

Now if you excuse me, I’m going to go splurge on JK Rowling books. :ohwell:  I may delete my GGD account after this post since I know how toxic and delulu this community is.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whtvrman
20 minutes ago, ALICEE said:

doesn’t she qualify as a boomer? on top of that, a very rich one ☝️ 

Boomer is a state of mind I guess

She needs to just shut the **** up.

1 minute ago, AJRocketMan said:

Oh my God, YES!!!! She put it brilliantly!! “Woman” is not a costume and it’s not an idea inside a man’s head. The youth of today (including my own generation) are so troubled and it’s all thanks to the internet. My generation is so perverted and morally bankrupt.

There is no difference between sex and gender and they’re both just two different words for the exact same thing (like corn and maize, child and kid, cat and kitty, couch and sofa, naked and nude, tune and jam, bop and banger, car and automobile, etc.). In fact, many languages, if not most, don’t even have separate words for “sex” and “gender”. The idea that “gender is a social construct” is in itself a social construct and as a result we’re just creating new social constructs. 🙄 Get it together people!

Now if you excuse me, I’m going to go splurge on JK Rowling books. :ohwell:  I may delete my GGD account after this post since I know how toxic and delulu this community is.

Donald Trump has a GGD account?

Oriane
Just now, MJHolland said:

A UCLA study found in 2015 that 98% of trans people experiences 4+ instances of discrimination and violence PLUS suicidal idea in the past year alone

If you cannot support their basic human dignity to go to the f*cking bathroom, you are not an LGBTQIA ally. You hurt us ALL. 

No, I totally support trans people wanting to use their assigned bathroom.

But, as she said and I don't know how much truth this has, I disagree with letting any person getting into any bathroom just because they say it, without any proof that this is actually the gender they identify as.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Monster647
8 minutes ago, WhoDoWeHaveHere said:

it's a nuanced read. she outlines her believes. she presents the research that lead to those believes. it's well done.
do we have to agree with her? no! this is where conversation starts. being willing to listen. and then give your view and maybe build better understanding on both sides. there is no voldemort nor harry in this story.

Honestly, she mentions the research that supposedly supports her beliefs but I fail to find them believable without seeing the actual source.

Like the claim that 60-90% of gender dysphoric teens will grow out of it without transitioning, or the claim that peer influencing is a strong factor in adoption of trans identity does not seem realistic to me as results of objective academic researches with acceptable standards. 

In general, it's my observation that she doesn't seek the truth, she's seeking "a truth" to support her ideological narrative that women, identified by their biological sex, should be considered more as an exclusive group identity that is oppressed by men and co. over any other identities. 

Seeka
3 minutes ago, LadariousGarage said:

Percy Jackson is better anyways, and the author isn't transphobic :ally:

Yeah. But all the books feel like the Percy show at some point. 

But Rick is a good storyteller. I think his writing skill is better than J.K.'s.  Rowling is a great storyteller but her writing, technically, can leave a person wanting. 

I mean both series have their problems. But Rick is just snarkier and I like that. But his books didn't age up as much as Harry Potter did. 

But anyways, there's always been a hole that authors have been trying to fill since Harry Potter ended.  I think now would be a good time to fill it. 

"The more of their accounts of gender dysphoria I’ve read, with their insightful descriptions of anxiety, dissociation, eating disorders, self-harm and self-hatred, the more I’ve wondered whether, if I’d been born 30 years later, I too might have tried to transition. The allure of escaping womanhood would have been huge. I struggled with severe OCD as a teenager. If I’d found community and sympathy online that I couldn’t find in my immediate environment, I believe I could have been persuaded to turn myself into the son my father had openly said he’d have preferred."

Im sorry but this made zero sense.

I too struggled with intense severe OCD doesn't mean ur going to think about becoming the opposite sex, what is this foolery. Ive always thought bout escaping the pressure of my own sex, but doesn't mean u wanna be the opposite sex or feel like you were supposed to be the opposite sex since birth. That was pretty damn stupid she looks dumb in front of the whole world by writing this with her own fingers. Wow. And she's a billionaire 

Pennywise
3 minutes ago, AJRocketMan said:

Please do and never ever come back, we don't need this kind of bigotry here, thanks :bye:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

MJHolland
6 minutes ago, WhoDoWeHaveHere said:

it's a nuanced read. she outlines her believes. she presents the research that lead to those believes. it's well done.
do we have to agree with her? no! this is where conversation starts. being willing to listen. and then give your view and maybe build better understanding on both sides. there is no voldemort nor harry in this story.

4 minutes ago, SevenWonder said:

She's clearly says she's pro trans. She's just said being a bio woman is different than been a trans woman. IT IS! Being a bio man is different than being a trans man. It doesn't mean they don't count. Or we don't love them. It's like saying being gay is the same as straight. It's not. Or being white is the same as being Hmong. It isn't. But we all have to love each other, celebrate our differences, but not lie acting as if we're the same if we're not.

That's my take. But maybe I'm wrong.  

There's literally no nuance she literally says young girls want to come men through gender affirmation surgery because of AUTISM. 

She also cites a conspiracy that transgender identification might be a PANDEMIC in which you want to become trans because your entire social circle becomes trans. 

Meanwhile, trans people are literally hurting NOBODY! They're minding their own damn business and just trying to survive in a world that throwing overwhelming hate their way. 

She's transphobic as F*CK. WAKE UP. 

Pennywise

Eloquently put bigotry is still bigotry, y'all. 

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Guest WhoDoWeHaveHere
1 minute ago, Monster647 said:

Honestly, she mentions the research that supposedly supports her beliefs but I fail to find them believable without seeing the actual source.

Like the claim that 60-90% of gender dysphoric teens will grow out of it without transitioning, or the claim that peer influencing is a strong factor in adoption of trans identity does not seem realistic to me. 

In general, it's my observation that she doesn't seek the truth, she's seeking "a truth" to support her ideological narrative that women, identified by their biological sex, should be considered more as an exclusive group identity that is oppressed by men and co. over any other identities. 

I don't take it as the truth either. But as you say it doesn't SEEM realistic to you. Doesn't SEEM realistic to me either. But it's a start for more research on my part. Because IF she speaks the truth here it's information that should be considered.  And that is what I was pointing to. 

MJHolland
1 minute ago, Oriane said:

No, I totally support trans people wanting to use their assigned bathroom.

But, as she said and I don't know how much truth this has, I disagree with letting any person getting into any bathroom just because they say it, without any proof that this is actually the gender they identify as.

Sooo you want gender police stationed outside of every bathroom to check thee "evidence"?

I really have no idea what you're trying to say. What evidence and "proof" are you looking for and who is checking it?

Ah, that's right, you have no point, you just want to discriminate against the LGBTQIA community because the burden of proof is unattainable and dehumanizing. 

Whtvrman
1 minute ago, AJRocketMan said:

The youth of today (including my own generation) are so troubled and it’s all thanks to the internet. My generation is so perverted

3 minutes ago, AJRocketMan said:

Oh my God, YES!!!! She put it brilliantly!!

Oh ny God, she SUCKS!!! It's 2020 ain't nobody got time for old people and their garbage 1950'd views

"But, as many women have said before me, ‘woman’ is not a costume. ‘Woman’ is not an idea in a man’s head. ‘Woman’ is not a pink brain, a liking for Jimmy Choos or any of the other sexist ideas now somehow touted as progressive. Moreover, the ‘inclusive’ language that calls female people ‘menstruators’ and ‘people with vulvas’ strikes many women as dehumanising and demeaning. "

I somewhat agree with this tho

• Admin changed the title to J.K. Rowling defends speaking out on trans issues

Archived