Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

J.K. Rowling defends speaking out on trans issues

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The most confusing thing to me in this JK Rowling incident is how the hell did she enter this hole? Why did she ever talk about trans people to begin with? She seems very uneducated and foreign to this issue and she doesn't relate to it at all, why the constant talk about it? it's like I suddenly became obsessed about talking about native north americans or something.

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

3 hours ago, Red said:

The most confusing thing to me in this JK Rowling incident is how the hell did she enter this hole? Why did she ever talk about trans people to begin with? She seems very uneducated and foreign to this issue and she doesn't relate to it at all, why the constant talk about it? it's like I suddenly became obsessed about talking about native north americans or something.

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY!!

I really don't get why she felt the need to stir some drama.

1 minute ago, Bat said:

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY!!

I really don't get why she felt the need to stir some drama.

It's not like she was needing attention, the Harry Potter franchise was soaring and she was swimming in billions before it all

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

HotLikeMexico
On 6/10/2020 at 10:50 AM, TED said:

I have huge respect for her, she has the right to have her own opinion after doing her research. I don’t find anything she’s said to be hateful, people will need to look up the word “hate” as these days it is considered to mean “I don’t agree with you”. We live in a free world and if you don’t agree with someone don’t bash them, but start a respectful conversation. Educate people instead of cancelling them. If you can’t do that, maybe subconsciously you think they’re right.

THANK YOU! You can have respectful conversations with people you disagree with. People here don't understand that.

Guest ARTPOPSlays

I have not read this yet. But I do see a lot of people reacting with anger towards her. To me, she genuinely doesn’t seem to I be speaking with hatred. I think the best thing people can do right now is to respond to her with compassion and try educating her rather then criticizing everything she says. We have to understand she grew up in a different time and a different background, this is probably all new to her. You want real change? Don’t respond with anger. Respond with compassion and educate. The best thing we can do in any situation 

Guest ARTPOPSlays
On 6/11/2020 at 4:04 AM, elijahfan said:

This has low-key been a rollercoaster for me and it's taken my a while to find the words... JK Rowling is one of the persons I admire most in the world, she's shaped the person I am today in many ways and I found myself struggling trying to understand her point of view and her reasons for speaking up about an issue that apparently seemed to have very little to do with her life experience. I'm really glad she wrote that essay, as the issue being discussed definitely needed more than just a couple tweets. I'm not agreeing with everything she says, as I have my own personal experience with gender dysphoria and trans issues, but I do understand where she's coming from and I believe we should be able to discuss those things peacefully, especially since her stance is in no way fueled by hate, but a wish to protect all parties involved. As far as I see, the only people being unnecessarily hateful and calling for anyone's death are her detractors.

I don't believe there's a single mean bone in JK's body, and I think she means well. But this is a very complex issue, and unfortunately her words did hurt people, which I'm sure wasn't her intention at all. Sexuality and gender are some of the most complex issues at hand, as they directly deal with the human psyche, which we, as of today, still don't fully understand. She isn't questioning trans people's right to exist and to live their life the way they want, she's actually not even questioning the fact that trans women are women - she's just very protective of the "female experience" for all the reasons she's detailed, and it's also a stance that's very much territorially rooted as it's a response to current British politics I had never heard of, and that I myself strongly disagree with. Gender is not a joke, nor a costume, but a complex psychological construct.

What's breaking my heart is that actual transphobes and bigots have found resonance in some parts of her speech, being too ignorant and stupid to actually get the subtleties of the discussion. I think JK might have taken people for more clever than they are, believing she could possibly discuss gender issues on Twitter in 2020. Hopefully that essay can restore her character in the eyes of people who were disappointed by her initial statements. She's not an enemy, she's literally telling us all why it's important to care, and why she cares for very specific and valid reasons.

I love this 👏🏻 You stated what I’ve been thinking perfectly. Just because someone has a different opinion doesn’t mean they don’t respect you. A lot of people assume that because you see this differently that your hating trans people. But that’s not true at all. We have to remind ourselves that this is still new to many people. Or maybe it’s not new, but certain people have different views. As long as no one is hating then there isn’t a problem. And if you feel that you want to respond, like I said before, respond with compassion and educate these people rather then bash them for their view points 

Archived