โ›ˆ RAIN ON ME OUT NOW โ›ˆ

Sign in to follow this  
society

Churchill statue defaced, Edward Calston statue pulled down

xoxo Craig
Posted (edited)

Edward Calston was a slave trader, and they took the statue down and threw it in the river. They have defaced Churchill and the streets are saying its the next one coming down, possibly thrown in the Thames :vegas:

Its not just the US, the UK is taking down racist symbols too.ย 

Government personnel are outraged by it, along with many white English people. Timeline is going nuts :vegas:ย 

Edit: heres a good video on Churchill's racist crimes

ย 

Edited by xoxo Craig
End Racism Now
  • Like 7
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 45
  • Love 8
  • Shook 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Cookies

erasing history won't erase racism.

• Like 7
  • LMAO 20
  • Sad 6
  • Thanks 18

Sexxx

well he was a racist pig so :flower:

๐Ÿคท๐Ÿฝโ€โ™‚๏ธ
  • Like 3

thierryrreiht
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Cookies said:

But these THUGS have no part in our future. They are symbols of oppression, glorified for no good goddamn reason.

Every day they are up, they are a reminder that history has wrongfully made them the โ€œSuperior Peopleโ€ย and for any black person, this is an insult.

Edited by thierryrreiht
  • Like 31
  • YAAAS 2
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 66

xoxo Craig
Just now, Cookies said:

No but it does 'cleanse' in a way. Why would you want to keep statues of people that were portrayed as heroic people when they represent racism? If we get all the statues that represent a racist past, we can hopefully tell the truth of these past "historic figures" and we can educate those and deal with racism better. There are many people that overlook what Churchill did, simply because he "helped win the war". Its time we all moved past that to eradicate racism and to move forward to a more anti-racist country

End Racism Now
  • Like 13
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 6

Cookies
1 minute ago, thierryrreiht said:

But these THUGS have no part in our future. They are symbols of oppression, glorified for no good goddamn reason.

Every day they are up, they are a reminder that history has made them the Superior People and for any black person, this is an insult.

they're not the superior people. sure, they WERE, but history is history. I wouldn't even want a statue of Hitler taken down. history shows trial and error, and though it is controversial, it's still beautiful to look at how far we've come

• Like 3
  • LMAO 8
  • Shook 1
  • Sad 17
  • Thanks 1

xoxo Craig
2 minutes ago, thierryrreiht said:

Every day they are up, they are a reminder that history has wrongfully made them the โ€œSuperior Peopleโ€ย and for any black person, this is an insult.

This :tony:

End Racism Now
  • Love 1

Rbr
5 minutes ago, Cookies said:

This thug erased thousands of lives.

Does he really deserve a statue? Whats the value of it on 2020 and the years to come?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 15

M Monstre
5 minutes ago, Cookies said:

So we should just erect a statueย of Adolf Hitler as big as the Statue of Liberty, right? :awkney:ย 

After all, if removing statues won't erase racism, adding more statues of figures that represent hate and oppression won't add more racism, right?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 7

Cookies
Just now, xoxo Craig said:

No but it does 'cleanse' in a way. Why would you want to keep statues of people that were portrayed as heroic people when they represent racism? If we get all the statues that represent a racist past, we can hopefully tell the truth of these past "historic figures" and we can educate those and deal with racism better. There are many people that overlook what Churchill did, simply because he "helped win the war". Its time we all moved past that to eradicate racism and to move forward to a more anti-racist country

you can't eradicate racism entirely but i do agree that history does need to be taught in a better way. however, i don't think vandalizing will do it.

Cookies

it's just my opinion, smh. I cherish history, good and bad

• Like 1
  • Sad 7

xoxo Craig
1 minute ago, Cookies said:

they're not the superior people. sure, they WERE, but history is history. I wouldn't even want a statue of Hitler taken down. history shows trial and error, and though it is controversial, it's still beautiful to look at how far we've come

History isn't being taught properly. Every white person growing up think these men are saints... until they find out the REAL Churchill. These statues mean different things. When a white person sees Churchill they think "a war-time hero". When a black person sees Churchill, they probably think "racist".ย 

End Racism Now
  • Like 5
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 9

Varys
3 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

History isn't being taught properly. Every white person growing up think these men are saints... until they find out the REAL Churchill. These statues mean different things. When a white person sees Churchill they think "a war-time hero". When a black person sees Churchill, they probably think "racist".ย 

I only know him as a war hero? I never heard of his racism? Like I thought he fought against it? What did he do?

Banned 04/19/2020 - 04/19/2020
  • Like 1

PawsUpJago

Was so happy to be there to see the Edward Colston statue finally come down, the city has been petitioning for this as long as I've lived in this city.ย 

• Like 4
  • YAAAS 2
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 4

Rbr
1 minute ago, Cookies said:

it's just my opinion, smh. I cherish history, good and bad

Trust me, โ€œbadโ€ย history will never be forgotten byย those who suffered and keep suffering like the black community.

No need for statues of racists, nazis or disgusting leaders of any form to remind history. They are the WORST part of it.

• Like 10
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 20