💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

US Radio: ROM Enters Top 50

Economy

Featured Posts

Economy
10 minutes ago, BruceWayneOnMe said:

I remember when we were celebrating stupid love's increase of 1.something in the beggining while Say So was getting 2+ same day. :laughga: 

If that's the case, we have a radio hit in our hands :party::party: i hope :vegas:

Well stupid love did debut stronger tho but yeah it's updates once it was out were merely "decent" they weren't amazing

It still turned out a solid radio hit tho when u compare it to streams and sales :rip:

Economy
3 minutes ago, KORG said:

It's because in the UK, Radio doesn't play a part in the charts, so it's used less like a power play if your song is on the radio. It's more down to "what do people want to hear" rather than "What do people want to hear that is acceptable to play at this moment in time that will have an impact on the charts". 

I don't think individual radio stations care about what impact they are having on charts tho ud think their main concern is keeping their audience :huh:

I still think it has more to do with the geography and population concentration I spoke about in my comment

KORG
1 minute ago, Economy said:

I don't think individual radio stations care about what impact they are having on charts tho ud think their main concern is keeping their audience :huh:

I still think it has more to do with the geography and population concentration I spoke about in my comment

I'm sure there's something chart related in there. Sure of it.

Maybe I'm biased because I HATE that radio has an impact on the charts when it absolutely shouldn't :laughga:

Economy
3 minutes ago, KORG said:

I'm sure there's something chart related in there. Sure of it.

Maybe I'm biased because I HATE that radio has an impact on the charts when it absolutely shouldn't :laughga:

Meh I disagree. I think radio stations wanna be relevant and play what their audience want not what impact they are gonna have on the charts. I mean what would they get out of it?

I still think the more likely explanation is that in North America our cities are spread far apart and each have their own stations so we are looking at many hundreds of relevant stations...

There's no way hundreds will all add a song to rotation right away at once even from a big artist and that's why here songs end up climbing over time. And not just by station but also by region. I notice what's popular here in Toronto for example isn't always necessarily reflected on the National charts. If some regions pick up something but other regions dont right away, u could have a song that's being jammed to in one part of the country but still being a sleeper hit elsewhere. In Britain if a few happen to pick it up right away bam u got a radio hit immediately

To me it seems like the more likely explanation but I don't know. I'm theorizing here. Our radio markets are totally disconnected to eachother by distance so they never go in sync, a sudden unanimous hit becomes extremely rare :selena:

There is no excuse to stop requesting, people. It doesn't take long to do so. I'm focusing on USA performance now, as my country (🇬🇧) is doing so well with ROM now. #1 on radio, still heavily stable on streaming (on the Top 3 on all streaming platforms) and still #1 on iTunes.

Use this form here. It took me no longer than 20 minute to request on most/all of the stations: 

Delulu Rogers
39 minutes ago, Economy said:

Let's just wait a bit longer before we confirm it before getting disappointed

As I said before a wild surge or aberation can happen for a few days or a week if a lot of big stations by coincidence all added the song at once or increased spins and then next thing u know u get an unexpected slowdown or plateau

But the increase has been strong since it came out and consistent so, that's a very good sign. If it keeps this up it's fair to say it wasn't just a fluke and it is indeed gonna be a bit hit

Keep us updated!

Archived