💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What Was Supposed To Be BTW's "Biggest Hit"?

Isidro Guevara

Featured Posts

Isidro Guevara

We all know Gaga made many claims during the BTW era. One of them was early on (I think before or shortly after Judas release) in the era when she said "Born This Way isn't even the biggest hit on the album", indicating that another song was supposed to take the world by storm and sell more than the title track. 

This obviously wasn't the case because at the end of the era, the title track was the biggest selling track on the album, followed by The Edge Of Glory.

The question is, which song do you think she was referring to that would be bigger than BTW? Was it Marry The Night( one of her favorites)? Judas(BR/PF2.0)? Edge Of Glory (doubtful, it's been indicated she wanted this to be the last single)? 

I'll go with Judas. The song, MV, aesthetic, etc was ALL Gaga! Classic Gaga! I think the label thought and expected it'd go like PF, meaning it would've been more popular/bigger than the lead single. Sadly it didn't go like this and the rest (mess)remains history. 

What do you think? Discuss!

I'll WRECK U right Up...G.U.Y.!!!🌋💥

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lucas

The Edge of Glory I'd say, but also, Gaga saying that was most likely a way to get people hyped haha

Gracious Gaga

I do think with Judas they were hoping for a BR 2.0, however, the song was, obviously, too controversial and not relatable enough to GP, as the metaphor for simply being in love with a "bad guy" was overlooked and taken too literally as a religious message.  

The Edge of Glory did do well as it was very GP friendly and relatable and lovable.  same with You & I- I think between these two songs You & I would be the more forgotten between the two.  

Marry the Night would not have been as relatable, hence it's failure to perform.  

I do feel like Scheiße, Heavy Metal Lover, & Government Hooker are better songs than ANY of the singles released off the album- however, they likely would not have performed well as singles because, again, lyrically and sound-wise they were too experimental and not radio friendly.

I guess we'll never know :( 

♥ Kindness Police.

Divine

if not Edge of Glory or Judas, it was supposed to be Heavy Metal Lover :messga:

"And I still love you even if I can't see you anymore."

Dramatica

Scheiße :ally:

I didn't ask for a free ride, I only asked you to show me a real good time.

AndyDWUW

Edge of Glory. Isn’t it her 2nd-3rd biggest radio hit behind Applause and BR or somethin

Isidro Guevara
7 minutes ago, Gracious Gaga said:

Marry the Night would not have been as relatable, hence it's failure to perform

I think MTN is radio friendly but a failure about the era and why it flopped was because she kept releasing singles at such a fast pace (5 singles in under a year, Gaga overload) barely giving each of  them time to breathe and impact the people. She couldn't keep focused and it was confusing..

I'll WRECK U right Up...G.U.Y.!!!🌋💥

Gerrard174

Was supposed to be Judas but too bad it didnt clicked.

Ended up TEOG as the bigger hit beside BTW. Marry the night could've slayed if it is released before judas mess

Kimmo

She was talking about Born This Way (The Country Road Version)... the hit that got away

Cu-fk-CWEAALw-a.jpg

Hottie Detector

Gracious Gaga
7 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

She was talking about Born This Way (The Country Road Version)... the hit that got away

Cu-fk-CWEAALw-a.jpg

thats why she made Joanne. she was really pressed about not being able to make her genre shift from pop to country after BTW.  She wanted ARTPOP to be a country album (would have been titled ARTBARN) but the label wanted an EDM album because Zedd was really big at the time.

♥ Kindness Police.

sillynate

I think she might have been talking about MTN because she wanted it to be the lead

Kimmo
3 minutes ago, Gracious Gaga said:

thats why she made Joanne. she was really pressed about not being able to make her genre shift from pop to country after BTW.  She wanted ARTPOP to be a country album (would have been titled ARTBARN) but the label wanted an EDM album because Zedd was really big at the time.

Omg yaassss the memories!!! I remember when they leaked a demo from ARTBARN and everyone on GGD lost their shiit!!

”Driving in Circles feels good to be a cowgirl

ride a bull while I beat around 

Funk me in your Barn”

3-A311-FEC-3-A2-F-4-C8-A-85-A7-EE3-B04-D

Hottie Detector

Anderson123

They were probably expecting Judas to be Bad Romance 2.0 but she was just starting the era and knew she had a bunch of really great songs in there. Marry The Night and The Edge of Glory are also great songs that had so much more potential. 

Gracious Gaga
19 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

Omg yaassss the memories!!! I remember when they leaked a demo from ARTBARN and everyone on GGD lost their shiit!!

”Driving in Circles feels good to be a cowgirl

ride a bull while I beat around 

Funk me in your Barn”

3-A311-FEC-3-A2-F-4-C8-A-85-A7-EE3-B04-D

YES I REMEMBER THIS LOOK!!! 

and yeah remember when "Handkerchief" leaked!!! 

"Do you wanna rake my crops, little farmer?

Do you wanna feed all the pigs some grub, yah

Do you wanna see the cowgirl who lives behind the Handkerchief behind the handkerchief!" 

cowgirl-close-hand-hat-bandana-over-face

♥ Kindness Police.

Schwerk

Probably not Edge of Glory or Hair because they where both promo singles before the release of BTW.

My guess is Judas because of the Bad Romance 2.0 vibe and maybe Marry the Night.

All the while Edge of Glory was a crowd fav.

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

Archived