Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Plastic Doll Bridge is about Joanne Era

outtahere12428

Featured Posts

BlingNotTheMusic
1 minute ago, LibraLove said:

Omg. Lucky is one of her best. I used to marvel at my sister’s Lucky Barbie that came with the pink sheer robe, mirror and Oscar and sang the song. 😭

I know, I must be a str8 :gayhat:

But really though, something about it being EXTRA bubblegum I find it cringy. Same with the Plastic Doll verses. 

I know I'll get dragged but it's my opinion

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LibraLove
5 minutes ago, Delaytica said:

I know, I must be a str8 :gayhat:

But really though, something about it being EXTRA bubblegum I find it cringy. Same with the Plastic Doll verses. 

I know I'll get dragged but it's my opinion

Not on this site. This site hates Plastic Doll. Lmao. 

But that must be why I love both. Just pure pop. And PD is tinged with Fame nostalgia. 😭

LibraLove
4 minutes ago, malibu gaga said:

chile that’s not what malibu gaga is about

What is it then?

radioactive
Just now, LibraLove said:

What is it then?

a reference to malibu barbie hellooooo that’s why this line is so iconic. it’s also a phrase used to describe spoiled suburban white girls from what i’ve heard but i don’t think that’s related to the song it just made the name “malibu barbie” more known.

there’s not really any meaning beside just referencing the barbie doll lol

TropicOfCANCER

“Malibu gaga” is just a reference to the iconic “Malibu Barbie” 

Hybrid AT
22 minutes ago, malibu gaga said:

a reference to malibu barbie hellooooo that’s why this line is so iconic. it’s also a phrase used to describe spoiled suburban white girls from what i’ve heard but i don’t think that’s related to the song it just made the name “malibu barbie” more known.

there’s not really any meaning beside just referencing the barbie doll lol

20 minutes ago, TropicOfCANCER said:

“Malibu gaga” is just a reference to the iconic “Malibu Barbie” 

Sure. But how do you definitively know she's not making any other subtle reference?

She has always tried to bake different imageries and narratives into her lyrics and keep them open to multiple interpretations. It was true back then she started out with TF, it's true even now. Plus, it's interesting to see what different people hear/see in her songs :)

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

Twitter
1 hour ago, Delaytica said:

So this definitely referencing Carino / music industry

This is the answer.

/thread

KORG

It's literally that speech the gave "Who is this gaga/stefani hybrid person... No, I'm not doing that, I don'tlikethat" thewhole song is so similar to that. It's about being used for profit kinda

Hybrid AT
27 minutes ago, Twitter said:

This is the answer.

/thread

Her Plastic Doll could mean N E THING :sis:

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

Twitter
Just now, HybridAT said:

Her Plastic Doll could mean N E THING :sis:

Tell me who dressed you. Why are you wearing that hat. :bradley:

TropicOfCANCER
32 minutes ago, HybridAT said:

Sure. But how do you definitively know she's not making any other subtle reference?

She has always tried to bake different imageries and narratives into her lyrics and keep them open to multiple interpretations. It was true back then she started out with TF, it's true even now. Plus, it's interesting to see what different people hear/see in her songs :)

I’m not saying it doesn’t have multiple meanings but it weakens the lyrical analysis if a person isn’t even including the obvious allusion. 

Hybrid AT
1 minute ago, Twitter said:

Tell me who dressed you. Why are you wearing that hat. :bradley:

Where'd you get that hat 

not

Why are you wearing that hat

:triggered:

Archived