💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Replay & Russian Folk?

Featured Posts

On top of being the best Gaga song ever, I saw a lot of comments about replay being inspired or influenced by Russian folk. Especially during the pre-chorus and or breakdown

So which Russian folk song inspired the song the best? Or is it just the general sounding of it? :oops:

Cherry Blues

I'm Russian and i love really Russian folk music. Who said that it's inspired by Russian folk music. Maybe they said that because Russian traditional folk music has a very graceful vibe and Replay sounds so elegant.

Here is a beautiful Russian folk piece for comparison. Very gracious 🌹

MadreMonster

Not sure why Replay isn’t getting more attention. It’s my favorite off the album :enigma:

I'm Russian and i love really Russian folk music. Who said that it's inspired by Russian folk music. Maybe they said that because Russian traditional folk music has a very graceful vibe and Replay sounds so elegant.

Here is a beautiful Russian folk piece for comparison. Very gracious 🌹

Thanks for sharing!!! I can definitely tell the similarities between the two, just the flow I guess? And how the tones changes throughout the song...pretty cool for me actually :ohwell:

Not sure why Replay isn’t getting more attention. It’s my favorite off the album :enigma:

Preach.:cryga:

CautiousLurker

I adore the song, and I intrinsically hate stuff that was influence by Russian folk... anything, so... there can't be much of it in Replay :huntyga:

Esme Squalor

I'm slavic and I don't see how the song has any similarities to slavic folk music. Where are people saying this?? 

ydnmnme

The chorus is similar to this too :huntyga:

𝐼 𝒹𝑜𝓃'𝓉 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝓃𝒶 𝒷𝑒 𝒶𝓁𝑜𝓃𝑒 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇, 𝒷𝓊𝓉 𝐼 𝒸𝒶𝓃 𝒷𝑒 𝓉𝑜𝓃𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉

ObezyankaNol

The first time I heard the song I said “what kind of folk is this” so yeah, I can see the influence 

Не верь, не бойся, не проси

NewUsername

The chorus sounds like Belgian/Dutch/German schlagers to do a polonaise to. 

giphy.gif

I'm slavic and I don't see how the song has any similarities to slavic folk music. Where are people saying this?? 

YouTube comments

The chorus is similar to this too :huntyga:

Yess this does sound like it lmao :cryga:

Archived