💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I feel like my expectations are way too big

The Child

Featured Posts

The Child

I honestly feel like my expectations for Gaga’s music are way too high!

Let me explain, I LOVE when Gaga makes dance music so I’m most pleased with Chromatica especially since some dance songs are actually in disguise about addiction or depression.

It just took me one listen of 1000 doves (piano version) to crave more midtempos & ballads from Gaga.

I feel like I never know what I want with Gaga or like I’m never pleased. :messga:

Gaga could come out with an album of 40 songs and I’d still want more songs :laughga:

Am I the only one who feels like this?

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Paulchieffo

She can never win with us. She's given us so much we tend to always expect her to serve full force and that's just not realistic.

JillTyrell2004

She’s an enigma. We’re all on a journey to work out who/what she really is. Will we ever find the answer?

RAMROD

hummm :oprah:  generally I am always satisfied when it comes to Gaga's music. But then again, I am not setting expectations. Music for me are not to be enjoyed that way. I don't put up all these expensive audiophile sound systems for that.  :giggle:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

BlingNotTheMusic

Tbh I get what you mean. 

For the record: I'm NOT disappointed in Chromatica. 

But when I learned that Gaga was making a house record, I was expecting the complexity and weirdness of her previous work mixed with house music. What we got was VERY safe and not experimental at all. That's fine, and I love the album. But she used to take a lot more risks and go against the grain. This album is literally made for radio and almost every song could be a single. 

Again nothing wrong with that, but just like you, I was expecting something a little more unique sonically.

flopheart

I think she gave us a lot of beautiful ballads in these past years (million reasons and ASIB soundtrack). She needed to took her dance floor back at this point. But I do love her ballads and I honestly would love a full ballad album in the next years

your ego stamps too much meaning to it before you're even able to observe it. it's a normal thing but it's better to observe your reaction to understand where it comes from and decide to simply enjoy the music in the present. f**k the past and the future. in this case, just enjoy in the present

The Child
33 minutes ago, Paulchieffo said:

She can never win with us. She's given us so much we tend to always expect her to serve full force and that's just not realistic.

21 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

hummm :oprah:  generally I am always satisfied when it comes to Gaga's music. But then again, I am not setting expectations. Music for me are not to be enjoyed that way. I don't put up all these expensive audiophile sound systems for that.  :giggle:

12 minutes ago, cryptid said:

your ego stamps too much meaning to it before you're even able to observe it. it's a normal thing but it's better to observe your reaction to understand where it comes from and decide to simply enjoy the music in the present. f**k the past and the future. in this case, just enjoy in the present

GUYS I AM LOVING CHROMATICA LOL This is in no way criticism of Gaga or her music, it’s more a critique of my relationship with her music.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

TropicOfCANCER

i get what you're saying. i def. wanted a big, bombastic dance album which she delivered, but i'm also missing some ballads too. 

Miel
58 minutes ago, Delaytica said:

But when I learned that Gaga was making a house record, I was expecting the complexity and weirdness of her previous work mixed with house music. What we got was VERY safe and not experimental at all. That's fine, and I love the album. But she used to take a lot more risks and go against the grain. This album is literally made for radio and almost every song could be a single.

Took the words out of my mouth.

Sonically, it is still very fine and very fun. But also much more toned down than usual.

Lyrically, she's still got it, though!

3 points in and ready for more

BlingNotTheMusic
1 hour ago, Miel said:

Took the words out of my mouth.

Sonically, it is still very fine and very fun. But also much more toned down than usual.

Lyrically, she's still got it, though!

Yeah I think that any YouTube "reactors" or people who didn't enjoy the album either don't like house/pop music and/or didn't listen to the lyrics. 

Archived