💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Emma Watson speaks out after backlash for her BLM posts

COOOK

Featured Posts

COOOK

Full article: Emma Watson has spoken out on racism and white supremacy following backlash over her Black Lives Matter post :

On Tuesday (June 2), the Harry Potter star, who's one of Hollywood's most outspoken women's rights activists, took part in "Black Out Tuesday" by posting three captionless black squares with white borders on Instagram.

Though the campaign was a Black Lives Matter initiative to amplify black voices, many called Watson out for doing the bare minimum to express her stance against police brutality and her support for racial injustice.

Meanwhile, other disappointed fans dragged her for adding white borders to match her Instagram aesthetic.

The 30-year-old British actress has since responded to the backlash via Instagram, writing "I stand with you," alongside a lengthy statement in support of the Black Lives Matter movement and her commitment to raising awareness:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ikvs

This is stupid. She posted the black square thing, move on. People are really wasting time on being angry at this kind of thing...

edengowon
2 minutes ago, Ikvs said:

This is stupid. She posted the black square thing, move on. People are really wasting time on being angry at this kind of thing...

i think the issue is that most people see the black square thing as the bare minimum in the first place. it doesn't help. sharing links and information does help.

the artist formerly known as melancholia

Sneaky Oliver

2000 celebrities used to get backlash for actual crimes, 2020 celebs get backlash for Instagram borders

I’m on my Legacy Act era

JoanneMonster
6 minutes ago, COOOK said:

Full article: Emma Watson has spoken out on racism and white supremacy following backlash over her Black Lives Matter post :

On Tuesday (June 2), the Harry Potter star, who's one of Hollywood's most outspoken women's rights activists, took part in "Black Out Tuesday" by posting three captionless black squares with white borders on Instagram.

Though the campaign was a Black Lives Matter initiative to amplify black voices, many called Watson out for doing the bare minimum to express her stance against police brutality and her support for racial injustice.

Meanwhile, other disappointed fans dragged her for adding white borders to match her Instagram aesthetic.

The 30-year-old British actress has since responded to the backlash via Instagram, writing "I stand with you," alongside a lengthy statement in support of the Black Lives Matter movement and her commitment to raising awareness:

but isn't she saying on the caption that this is not an apology?

Spoiler

i dont know why she should apologize for a white border on a post to be honest

I See You

Kimmo
1 minute ago, Autumn said:

i think the issue is that most people see the black square thing as the bare minimum in the first place. it doesn't help. sharing links and information does help.

Ok who understands people?

If she wouldn’t post anything not even a black square then they’ll drag her for not posting anything in support... :awkney:

Hottie Detector

Red

My statement was not written - as the media are presenting it - as an apology or reactionary statement. This statement was drafted last week.

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

codymonster

Now THIS is stupid. Focus on the real problem, this is how we SCARE people from trying to help, by picking them apart. She clearly is showing her support, move along :icega:

How dare she post a black square with white borders!!!! Cancelled!!!!

Meanwhile more than millions posted a black square on IG 

4 minutes ago, JoanneMonster said:

but isn't she saying on the caption that this is not an apology?

Yes. She prepared that post for a week and decided to post it now on schedule, but didn't imagine people would bash her before that :rip:

She does indeed has nothing to apologize for

tomsches

People will be mad at literally anything. This is so cringey. Emma shouldn't have to apologise. 

Gam
5 minutes ago, Faysalaaa said:

Yeah like black people care about Emma Watson instagram while black people are actually dying.

they do though, she was being dragged to hell on twitter :poot:

lastfm - https://tinyurl.com/4x28kakr⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀steam - https://tinyurl.com/mbyp5as5

6 minutes ago, Gam said:

they do though, she was being dragged to hell on twitter :poot:

Dragged by who though? Its mostly SJW's types or white people, not actual activists and people protesting. This is bedroom activism where people know the history of every problematic thing celebrities do, but know nothing about their politicians and government. They know nothing about systemic oppression and black history in America. But they will educate you and give you every reason why Lana Del Rey is a problem in American culture lol

Archived