celeb

Gaga has pulled out of YouTube grad event

POPARTHD

Featured Posts

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
derpmonster

Good for her. She probably didn't think it was her place to talk when people need to hear black voices more.

I know this is sad for us but it's okay. We'll hear her talk in the future. And I know other white celebrities didn't cancel. Well, that's okay. She's her.

I agree with Mindblown though, she could've played Angel Down and said a few words but oh well.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

vedetegomes
Just now, derpmonster said:

Good for her. She probably didn't think it was her place to talk when people need to hear black voices more.

I know this is sad for us but it's okay. We'll hear her talk in the future. And I know other white celebrities didn't cancel. Well, that's okay. She's her. She's doing the right thing.

Not only white but also black celebrities. She’s not better than them just because of that

vedetegomes

Also I couldn’t take that bitch katy perry stealing her place. Like wtf? 

TSUNAMI
Just now, Mindblown said:

Would've been an iconic time to play Angel Down. 

Would have, but she's is an activist. As someone whom has already established herself via music I believe charitable work and activism brings her much more joy. She is the kind of person I aspire to be. To use all my resources for good and lifting collective vibe to the positive levels. She is a kind of person that feels a NEED to help. She has been since day 1. 

derpmonster
Just now, vedetegomes said:

Not only white but also black celebrities. She’s not better than them just because of that

Black celebrities are also disconnected from the average black person's life but they're closer - many were a regular black person one time. Hearing your idols can be comforting and many black people find them in black celebs.

Not sure what your point is. Who said anything about better or worse?

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

ferretti

I am sad she removed herself, but I assume she gave her spot to a person of color and/or is now doing something more valuable with her time. It would've been a nice bonus in these dark times though.

disco stick tester, inquire within

DOJA CAT

Doja Cat was also meant to perform I believe? However, she’s taking time of social media after the fake accusations made against her so I guess that makes sense. As for Gaga I’m not sure why

thank u, next

Gagaism

I think she’s definitely taking time off on social media at least this week, and I applaud her, she’s so sensitive. I just love this woman. 

vedetegomes
5 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

Black celebrities are also disconnected from the average black person's life but they're closer - many were a regular black person one time. Hearing your idols can be comforting and many black people find them in black celebs.

Not sure what your point is. Who said anything about better or worse?

Why she’s the only that cancelled and was even replaced by katy perry? that’s not right. I’m sorry but as a person of color I can say she’s  being extreme. She was invited by obama and michelle themselves. All the ****ing media was promoting this event with her being one the main artists appearing there. She still can promote and use her message to people.

vedetegomes
5 minutes ago, ferretti said:

I am sad she removed herself, but I assume she gave her spot to a person of color and/or is now doing something more valuable with her time. It would've been a nice bonus in these dark times though.

Yeah that person of color is called katy perry 

SMILE2NE1

This is a bigger platform than her social media. Would have been good for her to use it to speak about the current issues.

TSUNAMI
1 minute ago, vedetegomes said:

Why she’s the only that cancelled and even replaced by katy perry? that’s not right. I’m sorry but as a person of color I can say she’s  being extreme. She was invited by obama and michelle themselves. All the ****ing media was promoting this event with her being one the main artists appearing there. She still can promote and use her message to people.

Just now, vedetegomes said:

Yeah that person of color is called katy perry 

This is not 2013 and we don't stream Applause right now. 

She didn't even confirm it yet and if she did cancel I do believe she had a really good reason for that. Don't forget that Lady Gaga is still a human, not a robot. 

Archived