💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Album Sales Donation

Paulchieffo

Featured Posts

Paulchieffo

I really do appreciate what Gaga has done and I get the message behind shutting down her store but personally I think it would make more sense to keep her store open and donate all the money from album/merch sales to various charities and programs. Do y'all think people would see that as a way for her to sell more albums? What are your thoughts?

Altair

You’re missing the whole point. what the music industry did (only one day - Tuesday) is tried to divert attention from their work so people could focus on real world issues. Music is a commodity. Life is necessary. She’s giving her platform to charities which counts for a lot. 
it’s not always about the charts. 

ProdigyARTPOP

That wouldn’t really work, artists don’t get paid out for royalties instantly, like it’s not like when you pay the 1.29 for the song on IKoons, it goes right into Gaga’s account.

It goes through a quarterly process

Economy
13 minutes ago, Paulchieffo said:

I really do appreciate what Gaga has done and I get the message behind shutting down her store but personally I think it would make more sense to keep her store open and donate all the money from album/merch sales to various charities and programs. Do y'all think people would see that as a way for her to sell more albums? What are your thoughts?

If she specified on the site that all proceedings from that day, or week or whatever go to donations it would probably be an even better gesture than just shutting down the site

The shut downs may look good because it's a way to say your thinking of the problem but in reality they don't actually do anything

It's just a cheap cost effective way of saying your doing something and is probably why all these companies are doing the same tbh

Seeka

It's over with and you guys are still thinking about it. My gods. 

Gaga even gave away her Instagram temporarily. This also not mentioning how much she has personally donated. 

She can't protest because of health issues, but she is doing the most she can. 

Runway

She doesn’t need people’s money to make donations on her behalf and make her look good. She’s using her own money to donate to all these charities as well as giving them her social media to amplify their voices 

Hybrid AT

She doesn't want the focus to be on herself but rather on the BLM movement and the important work the different organizations are doing. She's also clearly choosing her own money to donate than putting her album on sale for the cause. Why is a store being closed to send a clear message such a bothering issue for people anyway?

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

rasclautmangos

Well, not all money made from the album belongs to Gaga, so I don't think Interscope would let her do that, not a whole album. 

I mean she's filthy rich. She could just donate money without it being from mercy or album sales :ohwell:

ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY

This is the same thing as some only fans gay I dragged on Twitter donating 10% of his profits to BLM :toofunny: The point of philanthropy is that it’s a selfless act. She would still be selling albums. 

Archived