💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Is 1000 Doves a Tribute to Elton?

Saint Laurent

Featured Posts

Saint Laurent

I've just been listening to 1000 Doves (Piano Demo) for the 1000th time and noticed these lyrics:

If I had a painter's mind, then I would paint it

Or a sculptor's hands, then I would shape it

But instead, I guess I'll sing it in this song

It reminded me of these lyrics from 'Your Song' by Elton John:

If I was a sculptor, heh, but then again no...

...I know it's not much, but it's the best I can do

My gift is my song and this ones for you'

The lyrics are very very similar.

Then there's the lyric:

I'm completely lonely, please don't judge me

She's spoken openly in the past about how Elton has lectured her on some of her lifestyle choices and you could say that this line represents an apology to Elton, or an explanation rather.

Her song's always have a multitude of meanings and it's clear that this song is in some ways about a lover of Gaga's, but it also appears to be somewhat of an acknowledgement of the kindness Elton has shown her: 

Each time, your love seems to save the day

And when you consider the song's placement on the album; immediately succeeding a collaboration with him.

Maybe I'm reading into it too much, but that's the fun of new music :nick:

source.gif

Saint Laurent

I'm not sure what happened to the formatting, I apologise :emma:

Ivy

It could be! She said on an interview something about it being based on a conversation she had with Bo, but maybe it's for all her friends or maybe she drew inspiration from Elton's song 

I love the piano version too :kara: 

BlackCrown

That's exactly what I thought when I read these lyrics ! Idk if she got inspired but "Your Song", but I'm glad if she was, that's my favorite love song ever written, so beautiful, sweet and poetic :kara:

My crown is black, like the soul of fame

PlasticDollGirl

No. 

The queen of Gagadaily. Keepin it real

Reality

I didn't realize that!

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a tribute to him, tbh. 

🃏🖤👹

38 minutes ago, Ivy said:

It could be! She said on an interview something about it being based on a conversation she had with Bo, but maybe it's for all her friends or maybe she drew inspiration from Elton's song 

I love the piano version too :kara: 

Where did she say that ? Is it a new interview

Altair

Now that you mention it, it seems like it could be. They did have a falling out didn’t they? I was surprised to see them collab. 

Lord Axel

Oh wow this totally makes sense O: I love the parallel to the Your Song lyrics, and especially considering it follows SFA, I'd say it's not a super unreasonable theory

ʟɪᴠɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏʟᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱɪʟᴠᴇʀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ ϟ†▽✰𝒿 ~

Ivy
1 hour ago, Waad said:

Where did she say that ? Is it a new interview

It's the one which is dubbed over in Italian, I'm sorry I can't remember the name 

Edit: it's this one, the interviewer asks about the song and she mentions Bo around minute 9.22. It's a little hard to hear :selena: 

Renie

I feel like, someone mentioned Bo above, it might be about her. Or other friends of Gaga's that helped pick her up and keep going in times that were really hard in her life. If I remember correctly, that’s Bo in the MTN video. Gaga’s spoken about how she was there to pick her up on the worst day when her label dropped her. They’ve been friends basically their entire lives and now that Bo is a part of the haus and probably living with Gaga she’s seen her through all the tough times this album is about. The person that gets you though all those trying times tends to mean a whole lot to you. They have the best relationship! I’m glad gaga has Bo. 

Archived