HeavyCapiLover

Featured Posts

adamsenigma

Tbh Sine From Above is the only really dated song in the album

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gracious Gaga

no it does sound dated.  if this album dropped in 2015 it would've been more time appropriate while also sounding fresh and ahead of the game.  in 2020 it does not sound ahead of the game or fresh at all. :noparty:

♥ Kindness Police.

geusst1235
1 hour ago, PlasticDollGirl said:

Hmmm some songs do. The rest sound fresh 

58 minutes ago, BetrayedSTAN said:

The problem is not the sound .. i adore the 90's sound and tbh it's what made me appreciate some songs in the album..

But the production is what makes it a bit dated compared to her former albums .. but we're not ready for this conversation 

Producing Chromatica using techniques from the 90's was literally the entire point therefore the "dated" production was entirely purposeful throughout the entire process of creating every song.

- All three of the collaborators immersed themselves in Nineties house culture. They covered the studio in acid house posters and Burns would send Gaga and Tucker Spotify playlists of classic house music to further educate them. The trio took the tribute to house so seriously that they even had the album’s mixer Tom Norris avoid using technology or mixing trends that were too modern.

- “I was told not to use any sidechains throughout the album,” Norris explains. “Sidechains are a way of ducking one instrument out to make room for another, and it’s a really common thing in EDM. It wasn’t even possible to do when these classic Nineties house records were made. So I tried to steer clear from those to be true to that sound.”

Hybrid AT
1 hour ago, PlasticDollGirl said:

It’s honest opinions. I love gaga but I’ll give constructive criticism

What is some "constructive criticism" that you've given so far? Please enlighten us if you don't mind

giphy.gif

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

MelbHawker

I think the album sounds intentionally retro & deliberately nostalgic.

The only element of the production aspect I wish was different with Chromatica are the mellow dance breaks that feature in most songs.. they're too repetitive and kind of put a dimmer on any momentum the songs build up until the drop/break. 

PlasticDollGirl
5 minutes ago, HybridAT said:

What is some "constructive criticism" that you've given so far? Please enlighten us if you don't mind

giphy.gif

Everything I say. Bye 

The queen of Gagadaily. Keepin it real

Hybrid AT
5 minutes ago, PlasticDollGirl said:

Everything I say. Bye 

No, it isn't. Literally nothing that you've said here so far has seemed to have a good faith and an honest intention of constructive criticism behind it. It has more of a shady/unappreciative/throwing vibe to it. It's clear and you know it as well that's why you never have a supporting argument and try to chicken your way out.

Whatever girl, keep digging that hole for yourself I guess. It won't be too late when you see your way out of this site when people report you regularly for flamebait.

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

PlasticDollGirl
1 minute ago, HybridAT said:

No, it isn't. Literally nothing that you've said here so far has seemed to have a good faith and an honest intention of constructive criticism behind it. It has more of a shady/unappreciative/throwing vibe to it. It's clear and you know it as well that's why you never have a supporting argument and try to chicken your way out.

Whatever girl, keep digging that hole for yourself I guess. It won't be too late when you see your way out of this site when people report you regularly for flamebait.

Flame bait? It’s my HONEST opinion, I’ll be reporting you for harrasment soon. Leave me alone!!! 

PlasticDollGirl
2 minutes ago, HybridAT said:

Also that’s why I have 0 WP. Goodbye 

FunTonight

I wouldn't take anything seriously by some of the people on this site LOL. It's very clear certain users have a very shallow perspective on music, let alone pop.

Archived