đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Chromatica does NOT sound dated

HeavyCapiLover

Featured Posts

PlasticDollGirl
1 minute ago, Animal Claws said:

Not wanting to be ignorant, but I haven't seen anything constructive coming from you so far.

2 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

You only give criticism :awkney: And it ain't constructive.

Haters keep hating mariah carey sunglasses GIF

The queen of Gagadaily. Keepin it real

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
buzzkill

saying some songs are dated and others are fresh doesn't make your criticism constructive tbh

:sis:

PlasticDollGirl
10 minutes ago, Aphrodizy26 said:

No girl you’re always hating on her for no reason but being bitter this isn’t 2008 then denying it.

you literally sound just like the meme. You have made idk how many threads about how you miss the old gaga. And here you are. Claiming it sounds dated? Make it make sense lov

:ladyhaha:

The queen of Gagadaily. Keepin it real

BetrayedSTAN

The problem is not the sound .. i adore the 90's sound and tbh it's what made me appreciate some songs in the album..

But the production is what makes it a bit dated compared to her former albums .. but we're not ready for this conversation 

buzzkill
11 minutes ago, BetrayedSTAN said:

The problem is not the sound .. i adore the 90's sound and tbh it's what made me appreciate some songs in the album..

But the production is what makes it a bit dated compared to her former albums .. but we're not ready for this conversation 

i'd like to understand what you mean when you say the production makes it dated.

i think the production is so singular and straight-forward, pretty clean actually. :sis:

DiskoBaby

Chromatica doesn’t sound dated but it sounds 90s.

thats basically your argument

BetrayedSTAN
19 minutes ago, jesse g said:

i'd like to understand what you mean when you say the production makes it dated.

i think the production is so singular and straight-forward, pretty clean actually. :sis:

The drops at almost every songs is similar to each other and super repetitive at the same time .. 

I mean TFM has influences of disco, glam rock, and synthpop music of the 1970s and 1980s but it's still sounds fresh like it was released yesterday and that's thanks to the well crafted iconic production ..

The sound was never a problem at least for me .. the production is what ruined this album 

Gagaism

I grew up listening to 90s and 00s EDM and eurodance. We know Gaga always got EDM influences on her music,  but with Chromatica she delivered all that I ever wanted from her and I didn’t expect that tbh, and she made it very well done. I’m so happy with this album because I can listen to her voice and having such a good memories from 90s music at the same time in such a classy way. 

buzzkill
6 minutes ago, BetrayedSTAN said:

The drops at almost every songs is similar to each other and super repetitive at the same time .. 

I mean TFM has influences of disco, glam rock, and synthpop music of the 1970s and 1980s but it's still sounds fresh like it was released yesterday and that's thanks to the well crafted iconic production ..

The sound was never a problem at least for me .. the production is what ruined this album 

the only songs i think the beat drop is similar maybe... free woman and 1000 doves?

:sis:

Jirachi

People said the same thing about ARTPOP. The recency of music doesn't matter if it's good!

BetrayedSTAN
7 minutes ago, Jirachi said:

People said the same thing about ARTPOP. The recency of music doesn't matter if it's good!

I enjoyed many songs on ARTPOP but tbh it's only a cute album nothing so phenomenal

but i guess fans love to root for underdogs. 

Jirachi
Just now, BetrayedSTAN said:

I enjoyed many songs on ARTPOP but tbh it's only a cute album but fans love ro root for underdogs. 

It's my favourite album! :bradley:

BetrayedSTAN
2 minutes ago, Jirachi said:

It's my favourite album! :bradley:

Please don't get me wrong .. i really enjoyed so many songs on ARTPOP and i still .. but tbh its not her best .

Im happy that u liked it :hug:

ARTGOD

I don’t think a majority of the album sounds dated, most of it is intentionally retro. I do think there are couple tracks that sound dated though.

To me a sound or a genre becomes dated once it’s completely overdone and eventually falls out of style and becomes uncool, then once enough time passes it becomes nostalgic and calling back to it becomes cool again.

A lot of Chromatica sounds like it comes from the 80s and 90s, so it is really nostalgic.

A couple songs sound like early 2010s dance pop and EDM, and they sound dated, because that sound has long gone out of style but not long enough to allow it to become nostalgic. That sound is still too recent and all the bad things about it are still fresh in people’s memories.

Archived